What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL S Craig Watts Jr. (Verbal to USF)

Very encouraging that we are at least being considered by a top prospect. He's visiting IU at some point, so hopefully we can get him to visit Boulder.

Very encouraging that we are at least being considered by a top prospect. He's visiting IU at some point, so hopefully we can get him to visit Boulder.

I feel like we're the ugly girl at the prom shrieking about how the captain of the football team said hi to us.

Yeah, it's nice to get considered, and if he decides to come to CU I'll faint and hit the ground with a smile on my face but I can't wait for the day when we're the kind of program that doesn't swoon over mere consideration from prospects.

I feel like we're the ugly girl at the prom shrieking about how the captain of the football team said hi to us.

Yeah, it's nice to get considered, and if he decides to come to CU I'll faint and hit the ground with a smile on my face but I can't wait for the day when we're the kind of program that doesn't swoon over mere consideration from prospects.

If you're going to use this already overused analogy, you should put it in the proper context. He didn't just "say hi" to us. If 247's listing of Bama, OSU, IU and CU as his only "Medium interest" schools means we are in his final 4-5, that's more like the captain of the football team asking us to dance.

Either way, being mentioned in a top recruit's final choices, along side Alabama and Ohio State, is big news.

247 seems to think his top 4 is tOSU, Bama, Indiana, and CU, at least those are the only teams listed as medium interest. He'll release his top 5 soon so I guess we'll know then. Although it definitely seems to be between Bama and tOSU, but he is visiting IU and Michigan.

Would love to hear he has taken the next step and scheduled an OV to Boulder.

If you're going to use this already overused analogy, you should put it in the proper context. He didn't just "say hi" to us. If 247's listing of Bama, OSU, IU and CU as his only "Medium interest" schools means we are in his final 4-5, that's more like the captain of the football team asking us to dance.

Either way, being mentioned in a top recruit's final choices, along side Alabama and Ohio State, is big news.

Said hi and slapped our ass?

Taking an unofficial visit to CU on Thursday per Twitter.

Admiral Farragut's @NoFlyZone_2016 says he's taking an unofficial visit to Colorado on Thursday. @TBO_PrepSports @Farragut_FB

Admiral Farragut's @NoFlyZone_2016 says he's taking an unofficial visit to Colorado on Thursday. @TBO_PrepSports @Farragut_FB

So it may not be over.

If we could flip a kid from Wisconsin to CU it would be huge. Sign that we are finally winning some recruiting battles.

He would have a much better shot at early playing time in Boulder than in Madison.

So it may not be over.

If we could flip a kid from Wisconsin to CU it would be huge. Sign that we are finally winning some recruiting battles.

He would have a much better shot at early playing time in Boulder than in Madison.
Plus, he wouldn't be in Wisconsin.

While I agree on the state/climate as a whole, Madison is routinely ranked one of the top college towns in the country. Could be much worse.

Madison is the tits and Badger games are pretty cool, but I wouldn't want to live there for 4-5 years. Once CU gets back to relevant football, the party school/top college town ranking will be on par with Madison again.

Very good news.

I believe that with the new facilities that "just get them to visit the campus and they'll pick CU" is going to be true again.

This year, I think that I think it will open eyes for a wait-and-see that the program is on the rise with results on the field. With that, I'd expect some pretty serious OVs to tour the completed facilities later in the year.

In short, I'm not lacking confidence on Watts or anyone who has expressed interest if CU wins this season.

Very good news.

I believe that with the new facilities that "just get them to visit the campus and they'll pick CU" is going to be true again.

This year, I think that I think it will open eyes for a wait-and-see that the program is on the rise with results on the field. With that, I'd expect some pretty serious OVs to tour the completed facilities later in the year.

In short, I'm not lacking confidence on Watts or anyone who has expressed interest if CU wins this season.

Individual recruiters make a difference.

"Watts committed to the Badgers during his unofficial visit on Saturday. The four-star safety chose Wisconsin over other finalists Alabama, Ohio State, Colorado, and South Florida.

Badger247 is told that Watts' family had already planned and paid for the visit prior to his commitment, following his commitment to Wisconsin on Saturday, Watts went on the record stating his recruitment had come to an end.

"My recruitment is over with," he said. "I'm definitely relived. I'm so happy, beyond exciting. Wisconsin is everything I want."

Ehh... Don't get any hopes up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect much to happen for his visit this week but it is always good to get a kid out here in the summer to see how nice boulder is. Then see what happens with the respective teams over the course of the season. It will be much easier to flip him before signing day if he has seen the campus and new facilities.

I wouldn't expect much to happen for his visit this week but it is always good to get a kid out here in the summer to see how nice boulder is. Then see what happens with the respective teams over the course of the season. It will be much easier to flip him before signing day if he has seen the campus and new facilities.

That and other top prospects tend to take notice when a guy like Watts visits Boulder. We need more buzz.

Damn the torpedoes, Mr Watts, full speed ahead to Boulder!

Back