What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 UT OLB Pookie Maka (Signed to COLORADO)

Hopefully this kid will look very hard at CU. The official visit should be very enticing. Coach Mac creates a great football environment for a recruit from an LDS family. With the 4 F's, Coach Mac appeals to the family too. Boulder provides a superior college experience, especially compared to a commuter campus like Utah. I'm a Utah grad, I know very well. The educational opportunities at CU leads the list of reasons for the great experience , but the sense of community among Buffs is equally impressive. Anywhere in the world, if I wear my Buffs hat, I get a shout out. It's fun.

"Pookie loves Jim Leavitt and wants to play for him so bad. I see all these coaches and I even have come to where I really enjoy Jim's visits. He is a good guy, Colorado is lucky to have him," [Cottonwood HC Mike] Tidwell said. "I would say there is about a 90 percent chance Pookie would pick Colorado if he gets eligible."

https://colorado.forums.rivals.com/threads/latest-on-pookie-maka.15581/

Basically, everyone is waiting on a test score for Pookie. He isn't going on a mission. There's a chance that this recruitment could go past signing day with Pookie being a late qualifier after his final senior year grades are in and that he'd sign his LOI some time after National Signing Day if the recent test he took doesn't get him over the qualifier bar. Great info from Adam on this one.

"Pookie loves Jim Leavitt and wants to play for him so bad. I see all these coaches and I even have come to where I really enjoy Jim's visits. He is a good guy, Colorado is lucky to have him," [Cottonwood HC Mike] Tidwell said. "I would say there is about a 90 percent chance Pookie would pick Colorado if he gets eligible."

Basically, everyone is waiting on a test score for Pookie. He isn't going on a mission. There's a chance that this recruitment could go past signing day with Pookie being a late qualifier after his final senior year grades are in and that he'd sign his LOI some time after National Signing Day if the recent test he took doesn't get him over the qualifier bar. Great info from Adam on this one.

I love Jim Leavitt too, Pookie.

If he comes to CU, he'll be on a mission.

Miles in sone cases and the same in others. It's hard for a parent to sometimes tell the pretenders from the sincere. Not here

You are right about the difference between the guys who sincerely care about kids and the one who act like it. In the long term though the difference shows up, lot's of the fakers end up moving around a lot

You are right about the difference between the guys who sincerely care about kids and the one who act like it. In the long term though the difference shows up, lot's of the fakers end up moving around a lot

It may sound crass, but I just don't give a **** if the coaches are fakers or not. I'd kill to have a "faker" come in here, fake his way to a few bowl wins and move on. Long term, CU benefits a lot more than having the genuine article win 3-4 games per year.

It may sound crass, but I just don't give a **** if the coaches are fakers or not. I'd kill to have a "faker" come in here, fake his way to a few bowl wins and move on. Long term, CU benefits a lot more than having the genuine article win 3-4 games per year.

Difference is in how long the program stays viable. I want CU to win but I don't want to be one of those schools that has a couple good years then flames out again.

Difference is in how long the program stays viable. I want CU to win but I don't want to be one of those schools that has a couple good years then flames out again.

Really? You woudn't take a couple good years and a flame out right now? I'd take that in a second.

Edit...just realized this is a recruit thread. My bad.

Really? You woudn't take a couple good years and a flame out right now? I'd take that in a second.

I've been through more than enough bad years with this program patiently waiting for us to be decent again. Don't want to repeat it again.

If the choice is a couple good years vs. no good years I'll take the couple but my standards and expectations are higher.

I think the really good ones are a little of both.

Back