What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA ATH Sebastian Olver (Signed to COLORADO)

Not fair to Irwin. He has always caught the ball when open and targeted, but didn't get targets this season.

Think this is fair. I don't remember him dropping many balls in the time he has been playing for the Buffs.

Seems like this year they almost forgot that he was an eligible receiver. Even 5-10 balls in his direction might have forced defenses to at least consider him a threat.

Think this is fair. I don't remember him dropping many balls in the time he has been playing for the Buffs.

Seems like this year they almost forgot that he was an eligible receiver. Even 5-10 balls in his direction might have forced defenses to at least consider him a threat.

One of the highlights of the Alamo Bowl for me, was the first half reception by Sean, which was also his first of the season. Last year it looks like he caught 15 for 248 yards with a long of 47. (wtf)

Not fair to Irwin. He has always caught the ball when open and targeted, but didn't get targets this season.
Didn't get targets or he didn't get open...or both? Irwin is a fine blocking TE, but even a mediocre TE catches more than 1 ball in a season.

Didn't get targets or he didn't get open...or both? Irwin is a fine blocking TE, but even a mediocre TE catches more than 1 ball in a season.

I actually put a lot on our QB. Sefo's strength was not crossing routes or throws to the middle of the field. Maybe by design since a lot of his INTs as an underclassmen seemed to be on balls he sailed over the middle. Montez seemed quite different with preferred throws and I expect that this will show itself with greater use of TEs since he likes those routes. When I watched practice, for example, Montez looked for Keeney a ton.

I actually put a lot on our QB. Sefo's strength was not crossing routes or throws to the middle of the field. Maybe by design since a lot of his INTs as an underclassmen seemed to be on balls he sailed over the middle. Montez seemed quite different with preferred throws and I expect that this will show itself with greater use of TEs since he likes those routes. When I watched practice, for example, Montez looked for Keeney a ton.
I don't know, Montez had 83 completions this year and if I'm right, only one 8 yard completion to a TE. I just don't buy that we have these talented TEs on the roster but somehow we just can't find a way to get them the ball.

If Irwin were a talented receiver he would have caught more than 1 ball this season.

I don't know, Montez had 83 completions this year and if I'm right, only one 8 yard completion to a TE. I just don't buy that we have these talented TEs on the roster but somehow we just can't find a way to get them the ball.

If Irwin were a talented receiver he would have caught more than 1 ball this season.

I don't want to argue in a recruit thread. Just saying that the types of routes and areas of the field Montez looks to are different than with Sefo and are much friendlier to the TE position.

I don't want to argue in a recruit thread. Just saying that the types of routes and areas of the field Montez looks to are different than with Sefo and are much friendlier to the TE position.
Great, I look forward to Keeney having a monster year next season.

Keeney needs to take it upon himself to gain 20 lbs this off season. No excuse to be all of 5 lbs heavier now than he was after high school.

Keeney needs to take it upon himself to gain 20 lbs this off season. No excuse to be all of 5 lbs heavier now than he was after high school.

If he doesn't, then Bounds will take the snaps in "jumbo" sets and we'll see a lot more 4-wide in 2017 unless a freshman TE steps up.

The offense don't throw a lot to the TE. Keeney is a good fit, can line out wide. We need blocking TEs like Frazier and Bounds to step up in the running game.

Last edited:
The offense don't throw a lot to the TE. Keeney is a good fit, can line out wide. We need blocking TEs like Frazier and Bounds to step up in the running game.
Keeney can be a 6'6" 240 finesse TE and still be used in blicking situations. Lots of teams have hidden terrible blocking TEs over the years because they needed them in the passing game. Chase Coffman and Jace Amaro come to mind.

Keeney can be a 6'6" 240 finesse TE and still be used in blicking situations. Lots of teams have hidden terrible blocking TEs over the years because they needed them in the passing game. Chase Coffman and Jace Amaro come to mind.
Problem is Keeney is listed at 220 (*listed), and has 7 career receptions, so he's really not a threat in the passing game either.

Problem is Keeney is listed at 220 (*listed), and has 7 career receptions, so he's really not a threat in the passing game either.
Seems there will be a never ending debate on here about whether the lack of TE targets is them being no good, Sefo being incapable of finding them, or it being the play calling.

Yuri Wright disease. Some guys just cannot gain weight. Well, not until their mid to late thirties or so and then whammo you can gain 20lbs. in a matter of days. I think Olver will be a TE. Regardless of the passing game the position is used in 75% of offensive plays.

Olver is an awesome interview, really think he'll be a big hit at CU. The Buffs are high on his potential, underrated player in the class IMO.

“I talked to the coaches and they want me when I first come in they’re going to be looking at me at tight end. That’s what they want to do, but as I’ve said, I’ll play wherever they want me."

Olver solid with Buffs

Olver is an awesome interview, really think he'll be a big hit at CU. The Buffs are high on his potential, underrated player in the class IMO.

“I talked to the coaches and they want me when I first come in they’re going to be looking at me at tight end. That’s what they want to do, but as I’ve said, I’ll play wherever they want me."

Olver solid with Buffs
Thanks Kyle! Love the attitude - hope he has a very successful career here.

Happy to have this kid on board!!! I think he will exceed expectations and show the heart of a Buffalo!

I do believe this is one of the couple kids in this class with enormous upside. Very excited. Time to get to work. WTTF!

Back