What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA TE Josh Falo (Signed to USC)

Most of the CB's on 24/7 have flipped Oregon's way, but it looks like a few of their specific bloggers have put in predictions, and I wouldn't really weigh them heavily when Falo has been relatively quiet.

Taggart looks like he is picking up recruiting momentum though

This is a battle we absolutely have to win. It not only helps Colorado (obviously) but it would be a great way to stick to leavitt and taggert. Go get em coaches.

With the way our WR corps is shaping up, the potential to plug him in day 1 seems even more likely and he could be game-changing right away.

Seems like we have the least amount of TE involvement possible in the current passing attack

I think the game is more interesting when the TE is involved. There is just something about hitting that big man right through the heart of the defense. More importantly, a viable TE in the passing game takes pressure off the QB. It's much easier to connect with the larger catch radius, the defender is usually less of a ball hawk, and the play develops with great visibility over the middle of the field where the QB can drive on the ball.

I think Sefo suffered by having to throw to sub 6' receivers on most plays.

I think the game is more interesting when the TE is involved. There is just something about hitting that big man right through the heart of the defense. More importantly, a viable TE in the passing game takes pressure off the QB. It's much easier to connect with the larger catch radius, the defender is usually less of a ball hawk, and the play develops with great visibility over the middle of the field where the QB can drive on the ball.

I think Sefo suffered by having to throw to sub 6' receivers on most plays.
Good point, makes you cover the whole field and not settle on a certain area. That's tough to do, it opens up a ton, even the running game.

24/7 doesn't list who from Oregon is recruiting him specifically, but i'm more than willing to bet that the TE coach had some direct involvement there. Hope this helps Falo narrow his choice down

According to football scoop:

Oregon: Athletic director Rob Mullens announced today that the university has placed tight ends coach / co-offensive coordinator coach David Reaves on administrative leave and “the process to terminate his employment with cause has commenced,” following Reaves’ arrest for DUI late last night.

Oregon's new coaching staff has been a disaster. S&C coach putting kids in the hospital and now the TE coach charged not just with a DUI, but reckless endangerment as well. This was a guy Taggert brought with him from USF, so a well known commodity. Not exactly signs of a staff ready to lead a P5 team back from the dead.

Last edited:
Idk what this guy's salary was but I'll never understand why people can't get a damn ride.

For arguments sake, I make a little less than 100K and uber both ways or have a DD. Someone who makes 4X times what I do has zero excuse. It's like $40-60 both ways unless you're going ridiculously far.

According to football scoop:

Oregon: Athletic director Rob Mullens announced today that the university has placed tight ends coach / co-offensive coordinator coach David Reaves on administrative leave and “the process to terminate his employment with cause has commenced,” following Reaves’ arrest for DUI late last night.

To terminate this quickly would lead me to believe that this wasn't a routine DUI arrest. Either he had some history that put him on thin ice or this wasn't a routine DUI.

Edit: Should have read @Highlanders post more closely before posting.

Dude got stupid.

Also according to the Oregonian he had a two year contract for $300,000 per.

Last edited:
To terminate this quickly would lead me to believe that this wasn't a routine DUI arrest. Either he had some history that put him on thin ice or this wasn't a routine DUI.

Edit: Should have read @Highlanders post more closely before posting.

Dude got stupid.

Also according to the Oregonian he had a two year contract for $300,000 per.

Exactly. $5,769 a week so he deserves his punishment for his mistakes.

Back