What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

Howell wasn't totally correct.

"DeSoto offensive lineman Xavier Newman said he is completely solid to Texas, but he still plans to see another school.

The three-star prospect is scheduled to make an official visit to Colorado on October 15, he informed Horns247.

This is the only other OV Newman plans to take."

http://colorado.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-commit-sets-official-visit-to-Pac-12-school--47781028

This would be a monster flip for the program. Would be an insane OL class for CU this year.

How can you be completely solid but yet taking visits?
Probably just telling fans that so they don't attack him on twitter so he plays it off like he is just going with his friends from his team. In all reality he loved Boulder on his first visit and they are winning games so he might flip.

Probably just telling fans that so they don't attack him on twitter so he plays it off like he is just going with his friends from his team. In all reality he loved Boulder on his first visit and they are winning games so he might flip.

I like your thinking

They call it hedging. Like if you'd accepted a job at Company A then found out the guy who hired you might get canned you may do an interview with Company B, haha. But I know you get that.

Why would you not take a free trip to college locations around the country? All recruits if afforded the opportunity should take all 5 OVs. If they don't, they're doing themselves a disservice.

Why would you not take a free trip to college locations around the country? All recruits if afforded the opportunity should take all 5 OVs. If they don't, they're doing themselves a disservice.

Hey, I am all for getting him on campus in Boulder, I am just poking fun at some of the phrases. "New tradition" is another one for example.

Hey, I am all for getting him on campus in Boulder, I am just poking fun at some of the phrases. "New tradition" is another one for example.
Gotcha!
Admittedly I did not read back into the thread very far. I should have gone back and looked for context.

If I'm not wrong, that drops the donghorns down to 7 commits. When is the last time they didn't have their entire recruiting class locked up before the season started?

If I'm not wrong, that drops the donghorns down to 7 commits. When is the last time they didn't have their entire recruiting class locked up before the season started?
Well, to be fair, I wouldn't call it a decommitment, he has removed them from his bio plenty of times. It's a very shaky commitment, that's for sure.

Back