What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

I was told Texas knows of his trip to CU and signed off on it. CU is in it, but it would be surprising if he flips. If Strong goes, who knows.

However, a Longhorn recruiting analyst did predict him to flip to CU.

84c2f83fa8825d61be4c4139ce5b83e8.png

Good point. Of the three DeSoto visitors it sounds like Newman is the most likely to stay closer to home.

I think he will be a difficult flip, but Texas is giving us every opportunity now.

I don't see how Strong survives in this case... 3 straight losses, 2 of which are to two pretty mediocre teams (Cal and Okie St), including their biggest rival. At best, I see them going 7-6 with 3 more losses to Baylor, WVU and TCU. Maybe they pull one of those out with all of them being at home... Throw in the possibility of losses @ Kansas State and @Texas Tech.

I don't see how Strong survives in this case... 3 straight losses, 2 of which are to two pretty mediocre teams (Cal and Okie St), including their biggest rival. At best, I see them going 7-6 with 3 more losses to Baylor, WVU and TCU. Maybe they pull one of those out with all of them being at home... Throw in the possibility of losses @ Kansas State and @Texas Tech.
It's Texas. They'll win and lose some they shouldn't. Then they'll fire Strong, and we'll get to watch Shaggy melt down when Herman goes elsewhere.

He will probably get fired but IMO shouldn't. They could have a very similar run to what Washington has going on this year. Very talented team but really young. They will probably be the favorite in the Big-12 next year, might even be a playoff favorite if Herman actually takes the gig.

If Nixon falls in love and commits the dominoes could go fast. Shenault is 100 percent Buff. Also was told DeSoto 2018ers Kelan Walker (4-star), Gemon Green (4-star) and Josh Jynes will take unofficials to CU this weekend.
Wow. That's, um, impressive.

He will probably get fired but IMO shouldn't. They could have a very similar run to what Washington has going on this year. Very talented team but really young. They will probably be the favorite in the Big-12 next year, might even be a playoff favorite if Herman actually takes the gig.
UT is one of the handful of programs that shouldn't have to wait until year 4 in a coach's tenure to be "winning big". Strong is 13-17 as a HC there, including 1-2 against OU. Not sure he deserves another year, especially when/if Herman is available and shows interest.

DeSoto is loaded so I'm glad the staff has hit it up hard. Dudes from there won't have to wait around to play.

I was mistaken, it's Gemon Green, brother German Green and Josh Jynes who are visiting unofficially. CU has offered Kelan Walker though. Wouldn't be surprised if they were recruiting Michael Singleton as well. DeSoto is ridiculously loaded.
I was about to ask why one Green was coming not the other. Thanks for the info. I'll take the Greens and the Moore brothers from Yoakum.

I was mistaken, it's Gemon Green, brother German Green and Josh Jynes who are visiting unofficially. CU has offered Kelan Walker though. Wouldn't be surprised if they were recruiting Michael Singleton as well. DeSoto is ridiculously loaded.
I was checking out my high school and saw that DeSoto is the number one ranked team in Texas.

Back