What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC OLB Davion Taylor (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Not really. It’s like all speed sports and comes down to strength to weight ratios. Usually dont see guys at 210+ pounds.

As impressive to me with Taylor is that he spent the winter training for football and beat track guys in the spring.

Correct. To run at that speed at 220+ is amazing considering the limited training he had on a track due to football. I think if he was a full time guy, he could be a 10.35 guy.

3087E9F6-A48D-429F-97A3-DBC8B351F4D3.png
He ran it in a Durag. Unreal amount of swagger.

Edit: add that arm sleeve and Davion is a football guy running track not vice versa

SIAP - great story

Davion Taylor played only one game of high school football. He tried out and was almost cut from his junior college team before a Colorado coach somehow found him while recruiting other players in the talent-rich Mississippi JUCO ranks.

"They told me they wanted me, and I remember thinking, You gotta be kidding me," Taylor says.

He stops there, because to this day, he is still blown away by his remarkable journey from Magnolia, Mississippi, to Boulder. He's trying to explain this unthinkable metamorphosis, and it's just not working.

Back