What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC OLB Davion Taylor (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I know we've had some great players from Louisiana in the past, but when was the last time we had a guy from Mississippi on our roster?

I know we've had some great players from Louisiana in the past, but when was the last time we had a guy from Mississippi on our roster?
Not originally from Mississippi but Kabion Ento was recruited from ECCC in Decatur, MS in 2016. We had Wyatt Smith on the roster too from Mississippi in 2014 and 2015 (long snapper).

Is this the young man that didn’t play high school football because his religion prohibits him from playing on Friday nights? I have no bone to pick with that if true, but he will have to miss some games in the Pac-12.

Is this the young man that didn’t play high school football because his religion prohibits him from playing on Friday nights? I have no bone to pick with that if true, but he will have to miss some games in the Pac-12.
He got his mom's permission to play on Saturdays after high school. Did not miss any at JC and won't have to miss any at CU.

Not big enough right now go play a traditional LB position, IMHO. Lewis goes 230, and I think he would be a better buff backer than MLB.

Frankly wish we would scrap the position.

I I like the position. Kinda like a slot corner. Doesn't it allow us to essentially put 6 DB's on the field while still hedging against the run?

I liked when we would put Chidobe at the Nickel and keep Moeller at the BuffBacker to go with the other 4 DB's. Seems effective against a mobile QB too.

Probably gotta keep Lewis inside unless Landman and some others really step up. Does Lewis at 230 really have the coverage skills to play here?

Taylor seems like the perfect hybrid to play the Buff Backer. Is Ray Robinson also earmarked for the Buff Backer?

The Jashon Sykes comparisons continue running through my head. They’re about the same height at roughly 6’2”. Sykes ran a 4.81 40 at the 2002 Combine at 236lbs. Taylor 4.43 40 at 215lbs. Sykes wasn’t the most fundamentally sound college player but he made up for it with athleticism. Agree that if Taylor can add muscle, improve technique and football IQ, he’ll dominate.

:eek::notworthy:

The Jashon Sykes comparisons continue running through my head. They’re about the same height at roughly 6’2”. Sykes ran a 4.81 40 at the 2002 Combine at 236lbs. Taylor 4.43 40 at 215lbs. Sykes wasn’t the most fundamentally sound college player but he made up for it with athleticism. Agree that if Taylor can add muscle, improve technique and football IQ, he’ll dominate.

Loved the way Jashon played.

Aztec was on this in the Pac 12 Track Championships thread, but I figured I should make sure it made it here for the non-track football fans. This is awesome!

Remember when we complained about not having any speed at LB?

As a point of reference, the kid who won the OK 6A 100m title today ran a 10.33 (2nd place was a 10.34).
Thanks for the point of reference. I saw some of those times this weekend (from prelims) on one of my track nerd feeds, and they had ridiculous m/s wind readings of 5-7 on many events on Friday, so I wonder how wind aided those were. But still, that's blazing.

For other track/stats nerds, here's a couple of sites I've used in the past to compare crazy wind aided (adjusts for altitude as well) times:

http://jmureika.lmu.build/track/wind/index.html
https://www.brianmac.co.uk/sprints/altwind.html

I love seeing CU football players excel at other sports at CU!

Back