What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA TE Ethan Rae (Signed to USC)

He reminds me a lot of Christian Fauria; they even look alike, not just on but off the field!
s568872814488652156_p8795_i1_w1050.jpeg

p-1469359-christian-fauria-autographed-hand-signed-football-card-seattle-seahawks-2000-pacifi-aw3-114358.jpg

“I’m going to visit UCLA next week,” Rae said. “I don’t have an exact date but the coaches told me they’re going to be on campus all week so I’m just waiting on my dad’s schedule so we can drive over there together and I’m looking forward to that.

“Then I have an official visit set up with Colorado for June 22 and the following week, I plan to visit USC unofficially. I’m also going to the USC Rising Stars Camp this Sunday but I’m not going to work out. I’m just going to hang out and the Florida coaches wanted to talk with me, Kyle (Ford) and Chris (Steele) so looking forward to that.

"Those five schools are probably my top schools right now and the ones I have the best relationships with. I had a great unofficial visit to Florida earlier and they're recruiting me hard. Same thing with Colorado, I really love the staff and they have been recruiting me hard for a long time so I'm excited to get out there for my official visit."

As for the timing of his decision;
“If I know where I want to go, I could make a decision sometime this summer," Rae said. "I want to try and get to Alabama if I can and maybe take a few other trips but if I know what I want to do, I’ll commit early and be done with it.
"If I’m not 100% sure, I’ll wait and take some official visits in the fall. I’m just going to play it by ear and we’ll see what happens.”

Premium content:

I suppose UCLA and Oregon could take two TEs, especially one of Rae's caliber, but both already have a 4* TE committed now that Martinez pledged to UCLA. I think Rae and Ford are going to be a package deal, which puts us in a good spot, but I think we're really going to have to "wow" to beat out UF and SC.

We need some recruits who can recruit. A Rae/Ford combo could do that and help build momentum.

Gators are in on the #2 ranked TE (Zipperer). It's between UF and The U with the Gators favored to win that battle. If he goes to UF and Rae likes his visit, we could be in good shape.
I think he and Ford are going to the same school, so if there is anything dicey about one of them not being able to go to UF, I definitely think CU is in good shape for both. Oregon is a major concern, though.

That article gives me some hope. Surprised he had a lot of good things to say about CU, considering I haven’t seen any social media posts about CU after the visit.

I’m still guessing he picks UF, but I think we’re still in the running.

Seems like we could be in good shape here since Oregon already has a TE committed and they landed a pretty big time one in Spencer Webb last year. Who knows though.

Seems like we could be in good shape here since Oregon already has a TE committed and they landed a pretty big time one in Spencer Webb last year. Who knows though.
Yeah I feel like Oregon is the main competition right now, but hopefully he and Ford decide that they want to both be on the field as True Freshman at CU.

Back