What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Why?

He will still be a red shirt FR because this year don't count towards eligibility. I may be wrong. And aren't they waiving transfer eligibility requirements because of Covid?

He will. Still be a red shirt FR because this year don't count towards eligibility. I may be wrong. And aren't they waiting the transfer eligibility requirements because of Covid?
All transfer stuff has been waived, it’s basically free agency this year as far as I know.

Evans seems like he would be a solid take, we are not in a great position to be turning down QBs.

All transfer stuff has been waived, it’s basically free agency this year as far as I know.

Evans seems like he would be a solid take, we are not in a great position to be turning down QBs.
Believe your correct here, but I thought a school could stop a transfer within the conference?

Believe your correct here, but I thought a school could stop a transfer within the conference?
As far as I knew it was they can enter and go anywhere unrestricted as the NCAA granted a blanket waiver to all athletics, basketball appears to be the biggest beneficiary immediately.

The caveat is the schools can pull scholarships when an athlete enters the portal

I just don’t see why in the world you would be in the market for a freshman QB on the transfer market weeks after giving a scholarship to another freshman (Chandler). Unless we’re expecting a transfer from Lewis, this would make zero sense to me. 4 freshmen scholarship QBs would be roster mismanagement that would make Dan Hawkins blush.

I just don’t see why in the world you would be in the market for a freshman QB on the transfer market weeks after giving a scholarship to another freshman (Chandler). Unless we’re expecting a transfer from Lewis, this would make zero sense to me. 4 freshmen scholarship QBs would be roster mismanagement that would make Dan Hawkins blush.
Come now, it would take a lot more to make Dan Hawkins blush.

Hawkins had quadruplets?

Bro.....if that is your long-term user name, you need a more representative avatar. If you need help, let me know.
I think it used to be Skinsfan55 and I wanted to change it and this name was what the Mods decided on. I don’t hate it. I wanted a Buff who played for the WFT as an avi, Polumbus was starting for Washington and it fit. I don’t want a representative avi. I can’t watch the injury, it’s a lot.

Pretty sure they've always been the Bobcats

Yup even when they were still called Southwest Texas State. I think they were leaving that Texas State moniker open for Texas A&M just in case but that ship has sailed apparently.

Sun Belt Conference is so full of intrigue. You got Evans going to Texas State (don't know if he'll win the job), Food Cart coaching at Arkansas State (he did very well as a mid-major coach), Bill Napier's Louisania team, Terry Bowden at ULM, etc. That is just the western division for the SBC and then you have Appy State, Coastal Carolina, Troy State, Georgia State, and Georgia Southern.

Back