What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TNFR QB Jalen Hurts (Committed to Oklahoma)

“Biggest free agent in college football history”.

I’m certain his dad means that in a very literal sense. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

“Biggest free agent in college football history”.

I’m certain his dad means that in a very literal sense. I just threw up a little in my mouth.
best part is... he's not even that good. Electrifying athlete, adequate QB.

41NoTST5%2BnL._SX463_.jpg

Have to imagine Alabama ultimately won’t allow him to transfer to another SEC school. Definitely feel like Chip Kelly will be a player.
Somewhere in this thread there’s a quote from Hurts’ father that all but demanded a huge payday from whatever school he goes to. Kelly might want him, but I have a hard time believing UCLA is willing to play that game for a guy who doesn’t play basketball. Maybe I’m wrong.

Somewhere in this thread there’s a quote from Hurts’ father that all but demanded a huge payday from whatever school he goes to. Kelly might want him, but I have a hard time believing UCLA is willing to play that game for a guy who doesn’t play basketball. Maybe I’m wrong.
I see a reference to "free agent" not payday .

Wouldn't shock me if he somehow fell in the Duck's laps in this scenario. It would be right up their alley.

Last edited:
Have to imagine Alabama ultimately won’t allow him to transfer to another SEC school. Definitely feel like Chip Kelly will be a player.

Alabama won't let their backup center transfer to Tennessee. Hurts isn't going anywhere in that league. He'd fit Bill Snyder's system.

He graduates in December. Why transfer and waste a year. He has a chance to RS this year, then be a grad transfer in Jan, this a chance to play 2. He’s a team player.
He's gonna finish college in 2 1/2 years? Damn.

He graduates in December. Why transfer and waste a year. He has a chance to RS this year, then be a grad transfer in Jan, this a chance to play 2. He’s a team player.

I think the chances of him redshirting this year if he stays are about as high as you stated before.

You keep conflating what he will do and what’s in his best interest.

I’m not confusing anything. What are the advantages of his transferring now? I’ve heard nobody (except you) say he should do this. Maybe I’m missing the advantages of transferring.

I think the chances of him redshirting this year if he stays are about as high as you stated before.

In his best interest is to *redshirt* this year. He will be available to spell Tua in 4 games. He is on a team that is the odds on favorite to win the title again.

So his best interest is to stay, play in up to 4 games, win another title, transfer as a graduate with 2 years remaining on his clock.

I’m not confusing anything. What are the advantages of his transferring now? I’ve heard nobody (except you) say he should do this. Maybe I’m missing the advantages of transferring.

He would save a year of eligibility. He isn’t redshirting if he stays.

In his best interest is to *redshirt* this year. He will be available to spell Tua in 4 games. He is on a team that is the odds on favorite to win the title again.

So his best interest is to stay, play in up to 4 games, win another title, transfer as a graduate with 2 years remaining on his clock.

Redshirting isn’t an option if he stays. He will be the primary backup. They won’t RS him. He can only save this year of eligibility by leaving.

Redshirting isn’t an option if he stays. He will be the primary backup. They won’t RS him. He can only save this year of eligibility by leaving.
Sure it is with the new rule that lets players play in up to 4 games and still redshirt.

You don’t burn a year of eligibility when you’re in a transfer year. He would have two to play two at his next school.

Alabama won’t permit him to RS if he stays. He will be the backup only and lose this year by staying.

By leaving after graduating, he’d have one to play one.

Back