What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TNFR QB Jalen Hurts (Committed to Oklahoma)

He is a mediocre QB, but he would be a tremendous leader for a team which is rudderless right now, especially on offense.

When I started this thread, it was mostly a joke on the night of last season's national championship game that had the Tua comeback performance.

This has become very real, however.

Hurts is a good college QB who has Sefo-like character while being more of a natural leader.

Sure, just not necessarily in the obvious ways. I think he would have plenty of WTF moments behind this line. I think his greatest value is leadership. He would not put up with any ****.
Agreed, although, I'm not sure it's obvious what he lacks that Montez has on the tangible side of things. Regardless, he's a guy with 2 National Championship rings, has btdt, wants desperately to prove he is an NFL QB and is definitely a natural leader.

It's weird how little respect Montez gets from some on this board.

Hurts is going to have to find a very specific fit to be successful. He's never had a sub par line on front of him or anything other than NFL players to hand and throw it to.

Couldn't agree more. Same thing with Sefo when he was here. People constantly bashed him. It's weird how much Buffs fans seem to hate the Buffs' QB

NFL prospects are completely irrelevant in this discussion. Hurts have proven to be a highly effective college QB on the biggest stage multiple times. CU would be lucky to get him for a year.
If you think he looks remotely the same with I'd talent as he did with Bama, IDK what to tell you.

IIRC, this is not a question of Montez vs Hurts. This would be Montez' last year to play and Hurts would have to sit out this year as a transfer. Hurts isn't a graduate transfer, is he?!?!

Anyway, I think Montez is very good QB and will stand out with a better OL and better play calling.

IIRC, this is not a question of Montez vs Hurts. This would be Montez' last year to play and Hurts would have to sit out this year as a transfer. Hurts isn't a graduate transfer, is he?!?!

Anyway, I think Montez is very good QB and will stand out with a better OL and better play calling.
...and how does that happen?

hurts is eligible immediately

Hurts is a grad transfer.

Hurts is available and able to play immediately
Montez has until January 14th to declare
I am happy with SM coming back and playing in Johnson's offense because I think it will help him get to the league
BUT, if Montez decides to give it a shot because the QB draft is the weakest it has ever been,
THEN please please please go and get Jalen Hurts to be the Buffs QB because he will lead and play very hard

HOWEVER, it is very likely that if I were him, I would head over to Tennessee and play there, because he would win that job

Hmm . . . . HCMT.

And yes, AB is right, Hurts, even though he's a junior, graduated in December and can play immediately.
I am very pleased by the HCMT hire. I fail to see how it automatically upgrades the OL. Unfortunately, it has been a very weak unit comparable to our P12 peers. Unless, HCMT is going to man one of the OL spots, I kind of doubt there will be a dramatic, immediate difference. The OL is going to have to be rebuilt by recruiting better OL. That will take some time.

Hopefully, HCMT and staff can come up with some work arounds that net more wins than CU has enjoyed recently.

I am very pleased by the HCMT hire. I fail to see how it automatically upgrades the OL. Unfortunately, it has been a very weak unit comparable to our P12 peers. Unless, HCMT is going to man one of the OL spots, I kind of doubt there will be a dramatic, immediate difference. The OL is going to have to be rebuilt by recruiting better OL. That will take some time.

Hopefully, HCMT and staff can come up with some work arounds that net more wins than CU has enjoyed recently.
I think it’s reasonable to suggest a major upgrade is coaching can have a substantial positive impact on that position group. Not to say that will solve the entire issue, but with any luck, Moretti, Ray and Roddick will factor in next year, along w Lynott being fully healthy and Sherman, Fillip and Pursell getting better.

Hiring a real OL coach should show noticeable improvement on the OL in year one. We hired a real OL coach.

Back