What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 MA TE Caleb Fauria (SIGNED to COLORADO)

He should do that a lot more, because who cares that it would be against NCAA rules.
giphy.gif

Head coaches are limited to one home visit per recruit. Assistants have no such restrictions. Typically, that is reserved for "closing".

Yes. Head coaches can only do one in home visit per recruit and you are correct that it is normally saved to the end. A correction in that Assistants may only contact a student-athlete in person six times off campus. There are a whole load of other rules about silent periods in which no contact is allowed, evaluation periods when coaches can go watch but not communicate with the student-athlete, and contact periods in which full communication can take place.

Also some provisions for contact at camps, contact at the student-athletes school through the HS coach or AD, etc.

In short, there is nothing short about the rule book. I think in a lot of cases the idea of saving the HC home visit till "closing" results in it being too late.

If you have a HC who is able to sell a program use that to get kids focused on you instead of getting lost in the crowd.

Looks like 247 re-evaluated him as a TE instead of WR and now has him at 88 grade instead of the 82; pretty big jump. Also picked up at 3* rating from ESPN and Rivals. I would expect his composite to move up some more as soon as Rivals gets him as a TE.

Looks like 247 re-evaluated him as a TE instead of WR and now has him at 88 grade instead of the 82; pretty big jump. Also picked up at 3* rating from ESPN and Rivals. I would expect his composite to move up some more as soon as Rivals gets him as a TE.

Wonder if that 6'5"/231 proves to be accurate this weekend. If so, would suggest he will be ready contribute day one.

Wonder if that 6'5"/231 proves to be accurate this weekend. If so, would suggest he will be ready contribute day one.

He looks like a guy who could take advantage of our lack of an established TE and step right in.

Wonder if Buff fans would actually understand what is happening if we saw the offense using a TE as a weapon, it's been so long.

TE is an unusual position on development. Like with OL, they really come into their own as fully-developed upperclassmen. But with that, the guys who have good receiving skills can also be immediate impact guys as young players. The thing I really like about Fauria as a TE prospect is that he's basically playing WR in high school but has the frame to get to the weight over time that some of our OLs played at last season.

TE is an unusual position on development. Like with OL, they really come into their own as fully-developed upperclassmen. But with that, the guys who have good receiving skills can also be immediate impact guys as young players. The thing I really like about Fauria as a TE prospect is that he's basically playing WR in high school but has the frame to get to the weight over time that some of our OLs played at last season.
Is he a willing and able blocker and what will his transition be like from split out in a 2 point stance to in-line with his hand in the dirt? Those are the two main questions I have, but am obviously excited about his potential.

Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria were great TEs right out of high school, but on balance, yes - it’s probably the hardest position to project at the college level. Very few high schools use the tight end for anything other than an extra blocker.

Yeah. I know 247 moved him to an 88, rivals still has him listed as a wide receiver though and hasn’t moved his rating.
They’re waiting for him to gain a few sizes.

I’ve always wondered why the thinnest players on the team are called wide receivers.

Back