What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

I might not even make fun of "Hilda" if Mr. Alfano and I were to have a conversation, which I think shows a lot of restraint and maturity on my part.

“I’m in the best shape of my life...I pray for Pac12 offenses..” - Alfano

tenor.gif

I wonder if the staff plans on using Alfano on the outside in early downs then moving him outside on passing situations? Will be interesting to see how that would work and the thought going forward on that.
Outside to outside?

Sounds like a good plan. Unless we want to use him on the outside.

I wonder if the staff plans on using Alfano on the outside on early downs then moving him inside on passing situations? Will be interesting to see how that would work and the thought going forward on that.
What do you mean by "outside" on early downs? If you mean something like playing a 4-3 except for obvious passing situations, I don't see it at all because that's not our system. And he's not an OLB.

What do you mean by "outside" on early downs? If you mean something like playing a 4-3 except for obvious passing situations, I don't see it at all because that's not our system. And he's not an OLB.
I think he means having alfano rush standing up

A DE is not a stand up player regardless of the defense.
Meh. If he's on the line of scrimmage and he doesn't have coverage responsibilities, he's a DE regardless of whether he is in a 2 or 3 point stance. Functionally, you're no longer running a 3-4 if that's the scheme.

Which makes him a 4-3 DE. That's not our defense.
I disagree. If you look at a lot of Elite pass rushers their teams tend to have packages where they get them standing on obvious passing downs. In a 3-4, it’s not unheard of to have a guy like Alfano edge rush standing.

I disagree. If you look at a lot of Elite pass rushers their teams tend to have packages where they get them standing on obvious passing downs. In a 3-4, it’s not unheard of to have a guy like Alfano edge rush standing.
That's not the same thing. That's what we used to do with Gilbert. It's a 5-2 Under and that guy could drop out as part of a zone blitz. I think people are trying to figure out how to start our 4 really good DLs and play some mental gymnastics to try to figure out how 4 DLs is not a different base defense. Alfano is not an OLB.

Back