What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009-2010 Outlook...The way I see it

Jeez, go kick the cat. Go fishing. Mow the lawn. Do something you actually have control over and can influence.

Yes, knower of all. I hate reading the same boring crap day after day.

Cody Hawkins is short.
Nate Solder hasn't proven himself on the field.
Dan Hawkins has a losing record at CU.
Short-term contracts for assistants suck.

Wow. I'm enlightened.

I would add:

The offense needs to score more points.
It all comes down to wins and losses.
Rodrigo is a dumb****.

touche.

Could someone please pm me the next time slider, wyoming, montana or any of the others who engage in more than just casual thought-in-head-type-it-on-keyboard post?

Yes, knower of all. I hate reading the same boring crap day after day.

Cody Hawkins is short.
Nate Solder hasn't proven himself on the field.
Dan Hawkins has a losing record at CU.
Short-term contracts for assistants suck.

Wow. I'm enlightened.

You're certainly more than welcome to add to the discourse. What is it that you'd like to discuss today? Maybe, as opposed to bitching about discussing the same stuff day after day, you could be a part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem. Off-season threads do tend to drone, as there isn't much new information to talk about. As for Nate Solder, there's exactly one thread discussing his status, and it was just started yesterday. There happens to be exactly one thread on the status of the contracts for the assistants. So for the sake of everybody around here, I'm going to suggest that you either add something or STFU.

Isn't that an Arabic pocket/pita sandwich?
Yeah, pretty much.
ChickenShawarma.jpg

touche.

Could someone please pm me the next time slider, wyoming, montana or any of the others who engage in more than just casual thought-in-head-type-it-on-keyboard post?

Here is something for you to consider - go to a pay site if you want the intellectual banter that you are desiring. Oh wait, nevermind, you will probably be asking for your money back there within a day or two.

It's the offseason. If you can't take it then turn off your computer until August.

You're certainly more than welcome to add to the discourse. What is it that you'd like to discuss today? Maybe, as opposed to bitching about discussing the same stuff day after day, you could be a part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem. Off-season threads do tend to drone, as there isn't much new information to talk about. As for Nate Solder, there's exactly one thread discussing his status, and it was just started yesterday. There happens to be exactly one thread on the status of the contracts for the assistants. So for the sake of everybody around here, I'm going to suggest that you either add something or STFU.

Sure. My opinion, for what it's worth (in my own mind not all that much but I never claimed to have a crystal ball or special insight): The Buffs go 8-4. Loses to Texas and Okla State and some combination of Kansas, Iowa State and West Virginia.

CU should not be losing to ISU but under Hawk the Buffs are just as capable of losing to the Cyclones as they are of beating an Oklahoma or WVU. Hopefully, this season will be injury free so that a team that is one year older, one year more experienced, can, as a unit, gain and maintain some sense of cohesion and purpose.

Key game? WVU. CU should go into Morgantown 3-0. The past two years that first ooc loss has really knocked the wheels off what started as promising seasons. Even if it's a loss, this game needs to be competitive, produce some positives. The Buffs can't lay an egg ala ASU or FSU and fly back to Boulder doubting themselves with Texas and Kansas looming.

Nothing overly insightful there, I'll be the first to admit. Maybe even a little simplistic and predictable. Certainly a lot of obvious.

Typically I wouldn't bother posting it for those reasons. But you asked...

Here is something for you to consider - go to a pay site if you want the intellectual banter that you are desiring. Oh wait, nevermind, you will probably be asking for your money back there within a day or two.

It's the offseason. If you can't take it then turn off your computer until August.

Nah. There are plenty of posters here who have good info - sounds like they actually know some of the players or were players in their own day. That's all I need.

Take a break people, they'll be plenty of time for bitching or being happy in 3 1/2 months,enjoy the summer.:thumbsup:

When does fall practice start? Damn, we need real football soon or we'll be talking about the uniforms again.

Maybe it is cuz it is the offseason, but if I read another post where the phrases "the proof is on the field" (see Solder) or "it all comes down to wins and losses" (see any thread relating to Hawkins' future) are involved my brains will leek out my cornhole. My all-time fav: the offense needs to score points (paraphrasing, but that was your mantra last week in the Insight Bowl thread, Boulder).

Really, I'm not aiming to pick a fight or be a dick - though I s'pose I can be pretty effective at that - or even call you out in particular. But if it's gonna be 3 1/2 months of arguing the obvious, repeated ad nauseum, I'm goin' back to Buffzone where being a dick is what it's all about.

Sounds like fun, what would you like to fight about? I'm in.

This has not been discussed yet. About a week or so ago I saw Tyler Sale and he is very optimistic about the team and the upcoming season.

SUMMARY: NU and CU will finish 1-2 in the race for the North. KU may end up with a better record against the North teams, but their brutal south schedule puts them at a severe disadvantage. NU goes to the title game against Texas and gets wiped. CU goes to the Sun Bowl against Arizona and wins. NU goes to the Cotton Bowl against LSU and Bo takes his old team to task.[/QUOTE]
NU taking on LSU would be a repeat of last year's Chick-A-Filet bowl.

there is no reason for anything but optimism; with the FSU series over and a bit of a drop off in the Big XXII North this season, there is no reason that we should not be in the conversation for the North title. All games are winnable...Texas at home will be tough and OSU keeps getting better...but we have a chance to win them all with the schedule we have. Like to see us back in the top 25 after the win at WVU!

there is no reason for anything but optimism; with the FSU series over and a bit of a drop off in the Big XXII North this season, there is no reason that we should not be in the conversation for the North title. All games are winnable...Texas at home will be tough and OSU keeps getting better...but we have a chance to win them all with the schedule we have. Like to see us back in the top 25 after the win at WVU!

Eh, I'm not sure we'd crack the top 25 even after beating WVU. We didn't last year, remember.

Eh, I'm not sure we'd crack the top 25 even after beating WVU. We didn't last year, remember.

Depends on how we play vs sheep,rockets and pokes before this game. 4-0 should get us some votes. Lord knows others get top 25 without playing anyone in ooc.

It typically takes Notre Dame a good three weeks to drop out of the Top 25, so that will open up a spot right there.

Realistically, the fuskers are going to struggle in their first game against FAU (a lot of speed) but probably win...With their schedule (VT, TTU, OU) and trouble with FAU, Baylor (will be a lot better than people think), and KU, we are in a much better position in the North. Its between KU and CU in the North...thats it. KU is probably the better team but their schedule gives them too much room for error to put us in the argument. We were blessed with a good OoC schedule that will challenge us without embarassment1

A lot of preseason analysts are giving WVU the nod at NC contender. After the Big 12 strength last year we may get a little push.

Yeah, no kidding. their new QB struggled in that offense when PW went out last year. Not mobile enough.

A lot of preseason analysts are giving WVU the nod at NC contender. After the Big 12 strength last year we may get a little push.

Why are analysts putting WVU up there so high? Don't they lose a ****-ton of talent and weren't they pretty bad last year?

The Big east fell off big time and they are going to be the only notable talent (Cincinatti as well) with a schedule that could give them 11 wins.

Back