What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009-2010 Outlook...The way I see it

Well let's see...I'm pretty sure we beat #20 and heavily favored Michigan in the 05 Alamo bowl. So would that satisfy your curiosity? I like the part where you ignore everything that I put out there and go to the "when have you beaten ranked opponents" smack. Or maybe I can throw out some irrelavant facts too: When was the last time you won a national title? Answer: Never. Just got 1/2. Which team won a North title in the past 3 years? Which team went to a bowl more recently? When was the last time you played in a New Year's Day Bowl? All irrelavant. The fact is we got a new coach and a new system last season and won EVERY game that we were supposed to. We lost to the teams that we were supposed to. Can you say the same about your team? Who's coach is on the hot seat unless they have a great season? Who do you think has the brighter future right now?
Wait a minute a$$hole, don't switch tracks. We were discussing a game between LSU and Nebraska. Well, LSU has probably beaten about 24 or more ranked teams in the last 5 years. They destroyed 14th ranked GT 38 - 3 in the Chick-fil-A bowl - the last game they played. They play a ranked team just about every other week in the SEC. They have won 2 national championships in the last 5 years. Nebraska has no wins over a ranked team in 5 years, so tell me what makes you think they could beat a ranked team which LSU will be in 2009. Nebraska football today is an empty shell of what it was 10 - 12 years ago. Those days are gone forever. Oh, and you dumb red necks will lose to CU in Folsom this year. Drive down for the game - I love to watch all the red jackets race to their cars midway through the 4th quarter. I live in KC and will be in Lawrence for your game this year - think you guys can hold them to under 76?
Some facts:
Final 2005 AP poll
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
Toledo 35, Tulsa 34, Michigan 26, Nevada 25, Navy 20, Iowa 19, Fresno State 8, Virginia 7, Boise State 3, Kansas 2, N.C. State 2, Northwestern 2, South Carolina 1,
For your information OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES means Michigan was not rated.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I thought it was 0...i thought I read something that Nebraska & Duke are the only 2 programs to have not beaten a ranked team in 5 or so years

I can't find the article, but I clearly remember its assertion, and you're pretty close.

Only two BCS affiliated conference teams (63 of them, I believe) have failed to beat a top 20 team since the 2001 season.

Duke and nebraska.

Well let's see...I'm pretty sure we beat #20 and heavily favored Michigan in the 05 Alamo bowl. So would that satisfy your curiosity? I like the part where you ignore everything that I put out there and go to the "when have you beaten ranked opponents" smack. Or maybe I can throw out some irrelavant facts too: When was the last time you won a national title? Answer: Never. Just got 1/2. Which team won a North title in the past 3 years? Which team went to a bowl more recently? When was the last time you played in a New Year's Day Bowl? All irrelavant. The fact is we got a new coach and a new system last season and won EVERY game that we were supposed to. We lost to the teams that we were supposed to. Can you say the same about your team? Who's coach is on the hot seat unless they have a great season? Who do you think has the brighter future right now?
If they were ranked #20 and lost, that means they were unranked in the final poll. I ask you again for the second time - how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 years? Supply name of team, year or STFU.

New Year's Day bowls dont carry the same weight as they used to when its was the traditional time for the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Cotton (Fiesta) where conference champs played conference champs. Since the formulation of the BCS Bowl series, the Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar are very rarely, if at all played on New Year's Day, not to mention the BCS Championship game that rotates among these 4 several days later. To go "blowing your own horn" about playing in a New Year's Day bowl is pretty weak smack. In today's football bowls it usually means you finished anywhere from 3-5th in your conference.

Exactly. Playing in a New Year's Day bowl game used to be THE sign of success in college football. Want to impress today? Try playing in a POST New Years Day bowl game (and I don't mean that dumbass game in Toronto that for some reason moved a week into January :rolleyes:). That's when the truly big dogs play nowadays...

funnier still, are the fusker posters who actually believed in callahan and now Bo is "back" and "gets nebraska football".

If they were ranked #20 and lost, that means they were unranked in the final poll. I ask you again for the second time - how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 years? Supply name of team, year or STFU.
They were ranked when we beat them, bottom line. We were 14 point dogs in the game and won. I liked the part where you (again) ignore every other part of the post. Answer my inquiries or STFU Bitch Boy.

funnier still, are the fusker posters who actually believed in callahan and now Bo is "back" and "gets nebraska football".

:yeahthat:

This thread brings me back. I remember the talk after NU won that Alamo Bowl. The rest of the North was going to be in trouble for years to come because of Cally.:lol:

Did you really just throw out a "butthead"?:lol: Jesus Christ dude, go back to 5th grade. So you're really defending an LSU team that gave up almost 400 yards and had to stage a comeback of the century to beat TROY at home? A team that barely beat a horrible Auburn team with a last second touchdown? A team that got smoked at home by Georgia and Ole Miss and got beat AGAIN by Arkansas? Forgive me if I watched their ineptitude on offense all season long. Forgive me if I watched them give up 30+ in 5 of their games. As far as Clemson, their running game was supposed to run all over us-FACT. They did not-FACT. CU had 84 yards rushing, 42 net yards rushing-FACT. Week previous, KSU had 59-FACT. KU had 118, OU-193 and was outrushed by NU-FACT. Put down the pipe and try finding some facts for a change.
Is this the one you are referring to: I addressed this once already - Miles made a mistake when he promoted co-defensive coordinators from within the system. Pelini was a big loss - no getting around it. He has hired John Chavis - one of the best DC's in college football. Yeah, Miles loyalty cost him big last year on defense. He should have gone outside the program to hire a DC. Chavis has a long successful record as a DC at Tennessee. Tennessee's defense wasn't their problem last year. They had no offense. And oh by the way a$$hole I seem to remember MU putting over 50 on the Pink Skirts and OU 62 - so you should keep your cakehole shut. Miles also cut his starting QB which showed he's got some balls compared to a jellyfish like Tom Osborne who kept a team of thugs - ever hear of Lawrence Phillips. Not having an experienced QB cost them big, but they have a good one now in Jordon Jefferson. Last - you don't know what you are talking about - $hit for brains - if you beat a team that's not ranked at the end of the year in the final poll - you haven't beaten a ranked team. That's why they play an entire season plus bowl games. How's this for a fact - Duke and Nebraska are the only teams from major conferences that have not beaten a ranked team in 5 years. So WTF makes you think they could beat a ranked team which LSU will be at the end of next season? Pi$$ off.

Last edited:
Is this the one you are referring to: I addressed this once already - Miles made a mistake when he promoted co-defensive coordinators from within the system. Pelini was a big loss - no getting around it. He has hired John Chavis - one of the best DC's in college football. Yeah, Miles loyalty cost him big last year on defense. He should have gone outside the program to hire a DC. Chavis has a long successful record as a DC at Tennessee. Tennessee's defense wasn't their problem last year. They had no offense. And oh by the way a$$hole I seem to remember MU putting over 50 on the Pink Skirts and OU 62 - so you should keep your cakehole shut. Miles also cut his starting QB which showed he's got some balls compared to a jellyfish like Tom Osborne who kept a team of thugs - ever hear of Lawrence Phillips. Not having an experienced QB cost them big, but they have a good one now in Jordon Jefferson. Last - you don't know what you are talking about - $hit for brains - if you beat a team that's not ranked at the end of the year in the final poll - you haven't beaten a ranked team. That's why they play an entire season plus bowl games. How's this for a fact - Duke and Nebraska are the only teams from major conferences that have not beaten a ranked team in 5 years. So WTF makes you think they could beat a ranked team which LSU will be at the end of next season? Pi$$ off.
Actually, I was talking about this:
So would that satisfy your curiosity? I like the part where you ignore everything that I put out there and go to the "when have you beaten ranked opponents" smack. Or maybe I can throw out some irrelavant facts too: When was the last time you won a national title? Answer: Never. Just got 1/2. Which team won a North title in the past 3 years? Which team went to a bowl more recently? When was the last time you played in a New Year's Day Bowl? All irrelavant. The fact is we got a new coach and a new system last season and won EVERY game that we were supposed to. We lost to the teams that we were supposed to. Can you say the same about your team? Who's coach is on the hot seat unless they have a great season? Who do you think has the brighter future right now?

But that's okay, you've ignored this enough. I get it. You're scared by facts. So according to your logic, CU didn't beat #3 OU in 07, they beat #8 OU? That's what they were ranked at the end of the season. It's well documented that you think TO is spineless and the only reason NU won championships is because they cheated and blah, blah, blah. You keep rehashing the same thing with different insults. It really lost its effect long ago. The point of all of this is, regardless of who NU HASN'T beaten, they are still going to good bowls. They haven't beaten a ranked team in a long time and yet still have a recent north title. They are taking baby steps to get back up after 07 and last year is proof positive that they are headed in the right direction. How bout you get a coach who can beat teams a division below him? How about getting one that wins the games he's supposed to? How about finding one that can take care of the doormats of the Big XII like KSU and ISU and not have to struggle to beat them? This is why NU has a brighter future than CU.

But that's okay, you've ignored this enough. I get it. You're scared by facts. So according to your logic, CU didn't beat #3 OU in 07, they beat #8 OU? That's what they were ranked at the end of the season. It's well documented that you think TO is spineless and the only reason NU won championships is because they cheated and blah, blah, blah. You keep rehashing the same thing with different insults. It really lost its effect long ago. The point of all of this is, regardless of who NU HASN'T beaten, they are still going to good bowls. They haven't beaten a ranked team in a long time and yet still have a recent north title. They are taking baby steps to get back up after 07 and last year is proof positive that they are headed in the right direction. How bout you get a coach who can beat teams a division below him? How about getting one that wins the games he's supposed to? How about finding one that can take care of the doormats of the Big XII like KSU and ISU and not have to struggle to beat them? This is why NU has a brighter future than CU.
Why are you posting - nobody here is in awe of Nebraska football. I live between Columbia and Lawrence, and can tell you both of those teams and their fans have already put a W next to Nebraska on their schedules.
The best thing your team has done is win a Big 12 North title and then they got waxed by OU at Arrowhead. You are right, if OU was #8 in the final poll in 2007, then we beat the #8 team that year. Alot of teams exit the rankings during the course of an entire season plus the bowl games. Come back to this site when you beat a ranked team - and not one that disappears from the final poll. Until then go over to a Husker site where you can circle jerk with NU fans about beating KSU and ISU.

Last edited:

This is why NU has a brighter future than CU.

ColoradoSker,

Technically, I suppose Colorado has a brighter future as they have nowhere to go BUT up. Going from Bottom of the Barrel to Nobody to Somebody to The MAN gives more opportunities to shine than going from Somebody to The Man(again).

Why are you posting - nobody here is in awe of Nebraska football. I live between Columbia and Lawrence, and can tell you both of those teams and their fans have already put a W next to Nebraska on their schedules.
The best thing your team has done is win a Big 12 North title and then they got waxed by OU at Arrowhead. You are right, if OU was #8 in the final poll in 2007, then we beat the #8 team that year. Alot of teams exit the rankings during the course of an entire season plus the bowl games. Come back to this site when you beat a ranked team - and not one that disappears from the final poll. Until then go over to a Husker site where you can circle jerk with NU fans about beating KSU and ISU.
Yeah, since you've now referenced where you live for the 5th time in this thread, I get it. I realize that no one is afraid of NU anymore. I'm not saying they should be. I wouldn't consider losing 21-7 getting "waxed". Getting waxed is 70-3. Just sayin...seeing as how I've been around here for a while and I'm one of the few NU fans on here not looking exclusively to flame, I think I'll stick around. You're pretty close with the circle jerk going on at other Husker sites, but you're missing a couple more out of the North that they beat, like KU and yourselves. Seeing as how you only pulled off wins against the bottom dwellers I'll say it again. Wins against ranked teams doesn't mean s*** when you finish .500 or under. Wouldn't you agree?

kNU sucks, it will always suck, and has always sucked. The fusker football team, (also sucky these days), has joined Duke as the most worthless team when it comes to victories over winning teams this decade. :thumbsup:

You crow about 9 and 4 and your winning schedules over most of the decade, but really, the fuskers have never had an ooc sched that is impressive. Cally tried to change that, but you still played 3 High school teams last year. This is CU's weakest OOC schedule this decade probably, and it still compares nicely to the fuskers hardest.

I love that this question is actually in doubt: Which team has had 60+ hung on it more in the last decade, the fuskers or Baylor? :lol:

Going up against LSU is a whole different matter. Go smoke some corn silk. The Fuskers will be bowl bound - the toilet bowl.

that is all that needs to be said.

Buff fans, can we help Coloradosker with the question of how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 years?

hey, but the skers are going to handle LSU, right? :lol:

Well let's see...I'm pretty sure we beat #20 and heavily favored Michigan in the 05 Alamo bowl.

factually incorrect. you beat favored and UNRANKED michigan. it only matters what you are at the end, and that is why they play the game. if that was not so, think of all the teams that could claim to be #1 last year - all it takes is a one week ranking.

And you are absolutely correct with this assessment. My point was not to beat my own chest, simply to point out the difference in the caliber of bowls that we have been to lately.

come now - you were beating that scrawny little chest.

kNU sucks, it will always suck, and has always sucked. The fusker football team, (also sucky these days), has joined Duke as the most worthless team when it comes to victories over winning teams this decade.

congratulations to the red clad loons.

Yeah, since you've now referenced where you live for the 5th time in this thread, I get it. I realize that no one is afraid of NU anymore. I'm not saying they should be. I wouldn't consider losing 21-7 getting "waxed". Getting waxed is 70-3. Just sayin...seeing as how I've been around here for a while and I'm one of the few NU fans on here not looking exclusively to flame, I think I'll stick around. You're pretty close with the circle jerk going on at other Husker sites, but you're missing a couple more out of the North that they beat, like KU and yourselves. Seeing as how you only pulled off wins against the bottom dwellers I'll say it again. Wins against ranked teams doesn't mean s*** when you finish .500 or under. Wouldn't you agree?
I'll say it one more time - why are you posting here. Are you trying to convince us that Nebraska is one or two years away from competing for the Big 12 Championship. I don't get it. First you have to beat OU which put up what 62 on you. I went to the Championship game at Arrowhead, and that game wasn't as close as the score. Nebraska would get 2 or three first downs, but couldn't put a drive together. The seats were frozen with ice so we decided to leave early. We went to the parking lot with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and had to fight armies of Husker fans to get out. So what's your point?

Last edited:
I might have to put my head through a brick wall if a beat down like Chris Brown and Bobby Purify put on us in 01 occurs again.

Back