What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009-2010 Outlook...The way I see it

You sure you're not thinking Virginia Tech? They're top 10 in virtually every pre-season poll I've seen.

No. I have seen it too. Lots of people think WVU is gonna be really good next year...just not sure why. They have solid talent, and a good defense returning, but they lose the greatest player to ever step on the field for WVU and a ton of O-line. On top of that I am very sceptical of Stewart as a HC. I guess CU will get a shot to bring em down to earth again.

BTW, thanks to the anonymous rep. As the dude beggin' change on my subway sez: Thanks for your support.

SUMMARY: NU and CU will finish 1-2 in the race for the North. KU may end up with a better record against the North teams, but their brutal south schedule puts them at a severe disadvantage. NU goes to the title game against Texas and gets wiped. CU goes to the Sun Bowl against Arizona and wins. NU goes to the Cotton Bowl against LSU and Bo takes his old team to task.
NU taking on LSU would be a repeat of last year's Chick-A-Filet bowl.[/QUOTE]
Did LSU suddenly get an offense? Did all their seniors (the only ones who made plays) off a lackluster D get granted a 5th year of eligibility? Remember, Clemson was supposed to run all over NU with their southern speed and they managed a grand total of 43, you read that correctly, 43 yards from "thunder" and "lightning". I think NU would do just fine against LSU.

NU taking on LSU would be a repeat of last year's Chick-A-Filet bowl.
Did LSU suddenly get an offense? Did all their seniors (the only ones who made plays) off a lackluster D get granted a 5th year of eligibility? Remember, Clemson was supposed to run all over NU with their southern speed and they managed a grand total of 43, you read that correctly, 43 yards from "thunder" and "lightning". I think NU would do just fine against LSU.[/QUOTE]

LSU won't do anything in the SEC with the Gators, Ole Miss, and Alabama on the schedule and tough games with another decent Vandy team and questionable UGA and Arkansas...ouch. Also, after the buffs run all over Nebraksa at Folsom, the fuskers will be bowl bound...Texas Bowl against Navy; that should be a win for ya.

NU taking on LSU would be a repeat of last year's Chick-A-Filet bowl.
Did LSU suddenly get an offense? Did all their seniors (the only ones who made plays) off a lackluster D get granted a 5th year of eligibility? Remember, Clemson was supposed to run all over NU with their southern speed and they managed a grand total of 43, you read that correctly, 43 yards from "thunder" and "lightning". I think NU would do just fine against LSU.[/QUOTE]
There were 2 reasons why LSU lost 4 games last year. Miles kicked Perrilloux off the team. A move that showed he had balls compared to a jellyfish like Tom Osborne who kept thugs like Phillips. Pelini was a huge loss, the best DC in the country. Miles made a mistake promoting from within to fill that vacancy. They have an excellent quarterback now in Jordon Jefferson and you should also see Russel Shepard. John Chavis is the DC - one of the best in the SEC. Oh , by the way butthead, Clemson is not an SEC team - ACC - big step down. The SEC has won the last three national championships, and if they win it again this year - which Florida will be favored to do - and if they don't another SEC team probably will - that will make 4 in a row, which no conference has ever done. NU wins some games in the Big 12 North - big $ucking deal. I live in K.C. and can tell you nobody is scared of Nebraska. KU and MU fully expect to beat The Fuskers every time they line up against them. You will also lose to CU this year at Folsom. Going up against LSU is a whole different matter. Go smoke some corn silk. The Fuskers will be bowl bound - the toilet bowl.

Last edited:
Did LSU suddenly get an offense? Did all their seniors (the only ones who made plays) off a lackluster D get granted a 5th year of eligibility? Remember, Clemson was supposed to run all over NU with their southern speed and they managed a grand total of 43, you read that correctly, 43 yards from "thunder" and "lightning". I think NU would do just fine against LSU.
There were 2 reasons why LSU lost 4 games last year. Miles kicked Perrilloux off the team. A move that showed he had balls compared to a jellyfish like Tom Osborne who kept thugs like Phillips. Pelini was a huge loss, the best DC in the country. Miles made a mistake promoting from within to fill that vacancy. They have an excellent quarterback now in Jordon Jefferson and you should also see Russel Shepard. John Chavis is the DC - one of the best in the SEC. Oh , by the way butthead, Clemson is not an SEC team - ACC - big step down. The SEC has won the last three national championships, and if they win it again this year - which Florida will be favored to do - and if they don't another SEC team probably will - that will make 4 in a row, which no conference has ever done. NU wins some games in the Big 12 North - big $ucking deal. I live in K.C. and can tell you nobody is scared of Nebraska. KU and MU fully expect to beat The Fuskers every time they line up against them. You will also lose to CU this year at Folsom. Going up against LSU is a whole different matter. Go smoke some corn silk. The Fuskers will be bowl bound - the toilet bowl.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Is the toilet bowl in Boulder or Kansas City?

Learn to use the quote function, ****ers.

There were 2 reasons why LSU lost 4 games last year. Miles kicked Perrilloux off the team. A move that showed he had balls compared to a jellyfish like Tom Osborne who kept thugs like Phillips. Pelini was a huge loss, the best DC in the country. Miles made a mistake promoting from within to fill that vacancy. They have an excellent quarterback now in Jordon Jefferson and you should also see Russel Shepard. John Chavis is the DC - one of the best in the SEC. Oh , by the way butthead, Clemson is not an SEC team - ACC - big step down. The SEC has won the last three national championships, and if they win it again this year - which Florida will be favored to do - and if they don't another SEC team probably will - that will make 4 in a row, which no conference has ever done. NU wins some games in the Big 12 North - big $ucking deal. I live in K.C. and can tell you nobody is scared of Nebraska. KU and MU fully expect to beat The Fuskers every time they line up against them. You will also lose to CU this year at Folsom. Going up against LSU is a whole different matter. Go smoke some corn silk. The Fuskers will be bowl bound - the toilet bowl.
:lol: Is the toilet bowl in Boulder or Kansas City?
some people never learn. especially fusker trolls.

Did you really just throw out a "butthead"?:lol: Jesus Christ dude, go back to 5th grade. So you're really defending an LSU team that gave up almost 400 yards and had to stage a comeback of the century to beat TROY at home? A team that barely beat a horrible Auburn team with a last second touchdown? A team that got smoked at home by Georgia and Ole Miss and got beat AGAIN by Arkansas? Forgive me if I watched their ineptitude on offense all season long. Forgive me if I watched them give up 30+ in 5 of their games. As far as Clemson, their running game was supposed to run all over us-FACT. They did not-FACT. CU had 84 yards rushing, 42 net yards rushing-FACT. Week previous, KSU had 59-FACT. KU had 118, OU-193 and was outrushed by NU-FACT. Put down the pipe and try finding some facts for a change.

Did you really just throw out a "butthead"?:lol: Jesus Christ dude, go back to 5th grade. So you're really defending an LSU team that gave up almost 400 yards and had to stage a comeback of the century to beat TROY at home? A team that barely beat a horrible Auburn team with a last second touchdown? A team that got smoked at home by Georgia and Ole Miss and got beat AGAIN by Arkansas? Forgive me if I watched their ineptitude on offense all season long. Forgive me if I watched them give up 30+ in 5 of their games. As far as Clemson, their running game was supposed to run all over us-FACT. They did not-FACT. CU had 84 yards rushing, 42 net yards rushing-FACT. Week previous, KSU had 59-FACT. KU had 118, OU-193 and was outrushed by NU-FACT. Put down the pipe and try finding some facts for a change.
Some facts :
Nebraska is 8-4, so let's look at the losses first. All rankings are from the BCS poll.
Sept. 27, No. 19 Virginia Tech (9-4, ACC champions), 35-30
Oct. 4, No. 21 Missouri (9-4, Big 12 North champions), 52-17
Oct. 11, No. 7 Texas Tech (11-1), 37-31 OT
Nov. 1, No. 1 Oklahoma (12-1, Big 12 champions), 62-28
These are actual scores from the 2008 regular season. Answer me this question - how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 Years? I am waiting for your answer and the teams.
huskermonkey.jpg

Last edited:
Buff fans, can we help Coloradosker with the question of how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 years? I'm pretty sure the answer is one or two. There was an article that went back even further than 5 years, but I can't find it. It was posted on this site, and I think by me.

Last edited:
2002 – PSU (25) L, ISU (21) L, UT (7) L, KSU (11) L, CU (13) L
2003 – OSU (24) W, UT (16) L,
2004 – OU (2) L
2005 – ISU (23) W – OT , TTU (15) L
2006 – USC (4) L, UT (5) L, aTm (24) W, OU (8) L, Auburn (10) L
2007 – USC (1) L, Mizzou (17) L, UT (17) L, KU (8) L
2008 – Mizzou (4) L, TTU (7) L – OT, OU (4) L

That is 22 games against ranked opponents in the last 7 years with a record of 3-19…ouch!

Buff fans, can we help Coloradosker with the question of how many ranked teams has Nebraska beat in the last 5 years? I'm pretty sure the answer is one or two. There was an article that went back even further than 5 years, but I can't find it. It was posted on this site, and I think by me.

Off the top of my head I thought it was 0...i thought I read something that Nebraska & Duke are the only 2 programs to have not beaten a ranked team in 5 or so years

well since they were 23 and 24, it probably just depends on which poll you use.

Now, the # of top TWENTY teams they have beaten... now that is def 0 :lol:

Buffs during the same period: 31 games against ranked opponents in the last 7 years with a record of 6-25.

2002 – USC (17) L, UCLA (20) W, KSU (13) W, OU (2) L, OU (8) L
2003 – CSU (23) W, FSU (10) L, OU (1) L, Mizzou (22) W, Fuskers (25) L
2004 – OSU (21) L, aTm (17) L, UT (8) L, OU (2) L
2005 – Miami (12) L, UT (2) L, UT (2) L, Clemson (23) L
2006 – ASU (22) L, UGA (9) L, Mizzou (25) L, OU (20) L, fuskers (23) L
2007 – OU (3) W, KU (15) L, Mizzou (9) L
2008 – WVU (21) W, UT (5) L, KU (16) L, Mizzou (16) L, OSU (11) L

Off the top of my head I thought it was 0...i thought I read something that Nebraska & Duke are the only 2 programs to have not beaten a ranked team in 5 or so years
I wish I could find that freakin article - I think seven years ago Nebraska beat a ranked team in a bowl game, and haven't beaten a ranked team since. I would say one - maybe?

I wish I could find that freakin article - I think seven years ago Nebraska beat a ranked team in a bowl game, and haven't beaten a ranked team since. I would say one - maybe?

They've beaten a team that was ranked at the time of the game, but not one that was ranked at the end of the season.

Well let's see...I'm pretty sure we beat #20 and heavily favored Michigan in the 05 Alamo bowl. So would that satisfy your curiosity? I like the part where you ignore everything that I put out there and go to the "when have you beaten ranked opponents" smack. Or maybe I can throw out some irrelavant facts too: When was the last time you won a national title? Answer: Never. Just got 1/2. Which team won a North title in the past 3 years? Which team went to a bowl more recently? When was the last time you played in a New Year's Day Bowl? All irrelavant. The fact is we got a new coach and a new system last season and won EVERY game that we were supposed to. We lost to the teams that we were supposed to. Can you say the same about your team? Who's coach is on the hot seat unless they have a great season? Who do you think has the brighter future right now?

Well let's see...I'm pretty sure we beat #20 and heavily favored Michigan in the 05 Alamo bowl. So would that satisfy your curiosity? I like the part where you ignore everything that I put out there and go to the "when have you beaten ranked opponents" smack. Or maybe I can throw out some irrelavant facts too: When was the last time you won a national title? Answer: Never. Just got 1/2. Which team won a North title in the past 3 years? Which team went to a bowl more recently? When was the last time you played in a New Year's Day Bowl? All irrelavant. The fact is we got a new coach and a new system last season and won EVERY game that we were supposed to. We lost to the teams that we were supposed to. Can you say the same about your team? Who's coach is on the hot seat unless they have a great season? Who do you think has the brighter future right now?
buffs have a brighter future. The fact that NU has been in a new year bowl recently is a joke, and talking about it is a joke. Hawk doesn't need to have a great season to stay off the hot seat. wow, your team went to a bowl last year, but the year before we knocked you out of bowl contention. huge difference there. :rolleyes:.

We did win a national title bitch.

OH ya, if you want to play the stupid "more recent game"... how about a Big XII title.

Hmmm... how about the most recent game taht was really relevant on the national stage? Check CU.

This game doesn't help you and your fallen program bucko. Soon you will be just like Notre dumb fans talking about the 50's.

buffs have a brighter future. The fact that NU has been in a new year bowl recently is a joke, and talking about it is a joke. Hawk doesn't need to have a great season to stay off the hot seat. wow, your team went to a bowl last year, but the year before we knocked you out of bowl contention. huge difference there. :rolleyes:.

We did win a national title bitch.

OH ya, if you want to play the stupid "more recent game"... how about a Big XII title.

Hmmm... how about the most recent game taht was really relevant on the national stage? Check CU.

This game doesn't help you and your fallen program bucko. Soon you will be just like Notre dumb fans talking about the 50's.
You wanna elaborate on that one? I'd say the fact that we've been to 2 New Year's Bowls since the last time you have is a big deal. You wanna brag about your 01 title? That's fine, we still went to the national title that year, fair or not. If Hawk isn't on the hot seat following another crappy season, it's because no one gives a s*** about football at CU or in Boulder. The fact that most of the state doesn't care about CU should tell you something. The fact that about a quarter of Boulder wishes CU would eliminate the football program altogether tells you something else. Numbers don't lie. Your coach is 14-24 in three seasons. He went 2-10 his first season. Mine went 9-4 and won a New Year's Bowl. Who has the brighter future?

You wanna elaborate on that one? I'd say the fact that we've been to 2 New Year's Bowls since the last time you have is a big deal. You wanna brag about your 01 title? That's fine, we still went to the national title that year, fair or not. If Hawk isn't on the hot seat following another crappy season, it's because no one gives a s*** about football at CU or in Boulder. The fact that most of the state doesn't care about CU should tell you something. The fact that about a quarter of Boulder wishes CU would eliminate the football program altogether tells you something else. Numbers don't lie. Your coach is 14-24 in three seasons. He went 2-10 his first season. Mine went 9-4 and won a New Year's Bowl. Who has the brighter future?
Buffs. Frankly, for the simple fact that they are buffs and not fuskers. Their lives are infinitely better in every way based on that simple fact. Your facts are full of ****. Quarter of Boulder? Hell man, a quarter of Nebraska fans **** their mothers and the other 3/4 **** farm animals. Enjoy that.

Plus, we are gonna stomp the living **** out of you this year in Folsom. bring it bitch.

Buffs. Frankly, for the simple fact that they are buffs and not fuskers. Their lives are infinitely better in every way based on that simple fact. Your facts are full of ****. Quarter of Boulder? Hell man, a quarter of Nebraska fans **** their mothers and the other 3/4 **** farm animals. Enjoy that.

Plus, we are gonna stomp the living **** out of you this year in Folsom. bring it bitch.
Typical. Whatever you do, don't address facts or back anything of your own. Just make up a bunch of stuff and talk about what's *gonna* happen. Just weak. I suppose you have no where else to go except where every buff fan goes when they are outwitted (not hard) by an NU fan. Talk sh*t about the state. Very original. Very fresh. I'm sure you'll find a lot of people that would argue about which is the better state. :rolleyes:

You wanna elaborate on that one? I'd say the fact that we've been to 2 New Year's Bowls since the last time you have is a big deal.

New Year's Day bowls dont carry the same weight as they used to when its was the traditional time for the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Cotton (Fiesta) where conference champs played conference champs. Since the formulation of the BCS Bowl series, the Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar are very rarely, if at all played on New Year's Day, not to mention the BCS Championship game that rotates among these 4 several days later. To go "blowing your own horn" about playing in a New Year's Day bowl is pretty weak smack. In today's football bowls it usually means you finished anywhere from 3-5th in your conference.

I think what one needs to look at it how much money a school brings to the conference bowl payout kitty and then that school's payout since the BCS was formed. If a school has put more money into the conference bowl payout kitty than what is has received in payout (operating in the black I believe is the term) then I would say the school has had a successful football program the past 13 years, since the start of the BCS. If not, not so successful in football.

Last edited:
You wanna brag about your 01 title? That's fine, we still went to the national title that year, fair or not.
Sad. Really, really sad. I'll elaborate if I need to, but I think the reasons I think this is sad are evident.

If Hawk isn't on the hot seat following another crappy season, it's because no one gives a s*** about football at CU or in Boulder.

Or possibly recognition that longevity of tenure often contributes to winning records in the long run (Pinkel, Mangino). Or maybe some awareness that Coach Hawkins inherited a challenging situation that will take time to rebuild.

You can't compare the situations in Boulder and lincoln. Coach Pellini stepped in after Cally produced numerous highly-ranked recruiting classes. Coach Hawkins came in after the program was decimated and demoralized.

I guess coaches like Frank Solich get fired when everyone "gives a s*** about football".

The fact that most of the state doesn't care about CU should tell you something. The fact that about a quarter of Boulder wishes CU would eliminate the football program altogether tells you something else.

Pray tell...what and what should that tell us?

Numbers don't lie. Your coach is 14-24 in three seasons. He went 2-10 his first season. Mine went 9-4 and won a New Year's Bowl. Who has the brighter future?

Numbers don't tell the whole story. They may not lie, but they can be misleading.

Brighter future? CU. If CU never wins another football game, against nebraska or anybody else, I will still love my school and its teams. Our collective future as CU fans is bright because we can't lose. Don't you, and the others who tout the long-term record get it?

Each and every Buff fan (I think I can speak for all of us on this matter) would rather be associated with CU and have achieved a 0-68 record against the huskers, than be affiliated with that team from lincoln.

Is that a cop out? Maybe. Does it mean that I don't care about CU football? Of course not. I'm crazy for CU football. It just means that there's more to our school and to the foundation of our fanbase than just a football team. It makes each and every victory over nu that much sweeter, because I'm pretty convinced that nebraska's fanbase can't say the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each and every Buff fan (I think I can speak for all of us on this matter) would rather be associated with CU and have achieved a 0-68 record against the huskers, than be affiliated with that team from lincoln.

Amen, brother. End of story.

New Year's Day bowls dont carry the same weight as they used to when its was the traditional time for the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Cotton (Fiesta) where conference champs played conference champs. Since the formulation of the BCS Bowl series, the Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar are very rarely, if at all played on New Year's Day, not to mention the BCS Championship game that rotates among these 4 several days later. To go "blowing your own horn" about playing in a New Year's Day bowl is pretty weak smack. In today's football bowls it usually means you finished anywhere from 3-5th in your conference.

I think what one needs to look at it how much money a school brings to the conference bowl payout kitty and then that school's payout since the BCS was formed. If a school has put more money into the conference bowl payout kitty than what is has received in payout (operating in the black I believe is the term) then I would say the school has had a successful football program the past 13 years, since the start of the BCS. If not, not so successful in football.
And you are absolutely correct with this assessment. My point was not to beat my own chest, simply to point out the difference in the caliber of bowls that we have been to lately.

Now sker wants to brag about getting crushed by GT and TO voting against his own conference for the national champs. haha

Back