What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Arizona Basketball game thread

I haven't read the Zona boards today, but if I was a UA fan I'd be saying the following:

1. Miller was a complete idot with timeouts. Timeout called 1 minute into the 2nd half? Final timeout with 4:01 on the clock with the tv timeout coming after the next stoppage?

2. Miller was a complete idot with defensive scheme. Why not show press early since CU struggled so much with it last time? How can you not try it at all at the end of the game (which kind of made it look like he gave up)? Why in the world would you choose the final 4 minutes to try to go zone when CU had been knocking down jump shots all night and the zone not only opens that up but also causes the offense to use more clock when you're running out of time?

3. On offense, jumpers were not falling with enough regularity to shoot the Cats to victory. Why didn't Miller have the team drive and crash? Attacking the rim was really effective during the comeback in Tucson.

4. CU's player evaluations and recruiting have been excellent for supporting a certain style of play. Zona cannot match the length and speed of CU. Why try to play CU at its own game by trying to match/mirror with lineups instead of forcing mismatches with the kind of big, thick bodies CU struggles with?

If I'm an Arizona fan, I'm really frustrated right now. Not so much about the loss -- because you're usually going to lose to good teams on the road when they're dialed in like CU was last night. But I'm frustrated because I'd feel like Miller mismanaged the game and didn't give Zona the best opportunity to overcome that.

I would also be frustrated that they did not even try to foul in the last 2 minutes. I know Spencer was hitting his foul shots but they never even tried to put us at the line and make the fts. Very strange. I have never seen the last 4 minutes of a bball game evaporate so quickly.

I haven't read the Zona boards today, but if I was a UA fan I'd be saying the following:

1. Miller was a complete idot with timeouts. Timeout called 1 minute into the 2nd half? Final timeout with 4:01 on the clock with the tv timeout coming after the next stoppage?

2. Miller was a complete idot with defensive scheme. Why not show press early since CU struggled so much with it last time? How can you not try it at all at the end of the game (which kind of made it look like he gave up)? Why in the world would you choose the final 4 minutes to try to go zone when CU had been knocking down jump shots all night and the zone not only opens that up but also causes the offense to use more clock when you're running out of time?

3. On offense, jumpers were not falling with enough regularity to shoot the Cats to victory. Why didn't Miller have the team drive and crash? Attacking the rim was really effective during the comeback in Tucson.

4. CU's player evaluations and recruiting have been excellent for supporting a certain style of play. Zona cannot match the length and speed of CU. Why try to play CU at its own game by trying to match/mirror with lineups instead of forcing mismatches with the kind of big, thick bodies CU struggles with?

If I'm an Arizona fan, I'm really frustrated right now. Not so much about the loss -- because you're usually going to lose to good teams on the road when they're dialed in like CU was last night. But I'm frustrated because I'd feel like Miller mismanaged the game and didn't give Zona the best opportunity to overcome that.

This is EXACTLY how i feel, and i know a lot of other fans feel. Unfortunatley we have felt this way for sometime. Miller is a great recruiter, but it is starting to look like he is just trying to recruit talent and doesnt give a **** if that player will work within his system.

I am fine with the team losing, however to watch the **** show that was last nights game is something else. I have been a fan for 20 years, ever since i remember going to my first game with my dad who has been a season ticket holder for 30 years at this point, i have watched every single game for the last few years without missing one. I dont remember ever being this frustrated with the organization.

Miller can recruit his ass off. He is an awful game day coach, which I said after our cough *loss* cough to the cats earlier this year. As far as seeding goes, we'll see, but I see a 4 or a 5 seed. Last Sunday I was listening to the cats' pregame show on the road back to Phoenix and the conversation was legitimately whether UofA should be ranked #1 over Miami (presuming a victory over Cal, which obviously didn't happen). The majority of the UofA fan base is and will always be delusional as to the quality of their current team.

I would also be frustrated that they did not even try to foul in the last 2 minutes. I know Spencer was hitting his foul shots but they never even tried to put us at the line and make the fts. Very strange. I have never seen the last 4 minutes of a bball game evaporate so quickly.

It was well over at 2 minutes, even if fouling had gotten it back to within a couple of scores there was nothing to work with for timeouts, and by that point their bigs had 4 a piece IIRC.

Complaining about rushing the court = champagne problems!

Not necessarily. I remember we rushed the field against some **** ass team in Embree's first year. It was so pathetic. I was so embarassed to be a CU fan at that moment

That is the best part of the game last night. We owned a top 10 team and we are arguing about storming the court and our chants.

#basketballschool

screw that. I'm happy that CU basketball is doing good, but I would take infinite winless seasons in basketball for infinite bare minimum 6-6 football seasons in a heartbeat

You would enjoy that; It's not hard to imagine every poster in that thread showing up for the Early Bird special at Denny's.

If that zona board had a signature smell, it would be a Depends adult diaper.
:finger2:

Back