What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

This thread is awesome and shows that some of you AB'ers absolutely "get it", with respect to SOS and RPI. This topic got a lot more important with the team's struggles following the Dinwiddie injury. Never enough interest in hoops at my VT site to keeps something like this going. Props to those who care enough to track opponents over the course of the year (excuse to watch more basketball too).

Nice game the other day :thumbsup:. Hoos in contention for the ACC title :nod: Clear example of figuring out depth after early struggles.

Yes, I think a lot of Virginia fans got their frustrations out on Saturday. Are you a 'Hoo, or just living there? I think Charlottesville is a great town and UVA is a great liberal arts school.

Nice game the other day :thumbsup:. Hoos in contention for the ACC title :nod: Clear example of figuring out depth after early struggles.

Yes, I think a lot of Virginia fans got their frustrations out on Saturday. Are you a 'Hoo, or just living there? I think Charlottesville is a great town and UVA is a great liberal arts school.

Admittedly feels good to dominate VT in hoops given the football situation (I'm actually extremely disillusioned with the UVA football program to the point of not really being a "fan" though I follow them somewhat). I do enjoy Tony Bennett and UVA hoops, though. That said, I'm 100% Buffalo. I just spent some of my childhood in Charlottesville and I live back in the area. Have a bunch of connections to UVA, but they aren't "my team" if that makes any sense.

Not sure this really told us anything we didn't already know. Stanford is an inconsistent team that has some talent but is poorly coached and erratic. Road games aren't easy, can't win them all by 20. Zona will drop a game or two

Not sure this really told us anything we didn't already know. Stanford is an inconsistent team that has some talent but is poorly coached and erratic. Road games aren't easy, can't win them all by 20. Zona will drop a game or two

^^This^^

ASU wins @ Cal. Probably good news for CU, as it will give them a chance to knock of a tournament caliber team in ASU

ASU goes into Berkeley and wins in OT. Sun Devils now 16-5 (5-3) and Cal 14-7 (5-3). Major logjam
from spots 3 to 9 in the Pac right now. We need these home wins, folks. Please those in CO get there and do your part to get this team motivated and confident. Our season is hanging by a thread.

ASU goes into Berkeley and wins in OT. Sun Devils now 16-5 (5-3) and Cal 14-7 (5-3). Major logjam
from spots 3 to 9 in the Pac right now. We need these home wins, folks. Please those in CO get there and do your part to get this team motivated and confident. Our season is hanging by a thread.

I'll be there Sat at noon cheering our team. I do fear attendance will be weak though.

This snow storm may be too strong for most to make it to Boulder. We will see though. If there is 10in by tomorrow afternoon, with more coming Saturday, it could be sparse.

This snow storm may be too strong for most to make it to Boulder. We will see though. If there is 10in by tomorrow afternoon, with more coming Saturday, it could be sparse.
I'm getting ready for the built-in excuses, the Broncos are playing a big game on Sunday and how many basketball STHs are in NY.

Bronco game should have zero impact and is not a valid excuse. Impassable roads... different story.
I agree with everything you said, I'm just used to it when the blame falls everywhere but on the field of play. I'm not much for making the weather an excuse but when it's undrivable, that's legit.

UCLA wins at Oregon, 70-68. UCLA now 17-4 (6-2), Oregon falls to 14-6 (2-6).

Oregon State beats USC 76-75 in Corvallis. Beavs now 12-8 (4-4), USC falls to 10-11 (1-7)

UCSB about to wrap up a very crucial win over UC-Irvine, and Elon got an important win over Western Carolina. Unfortunately Arkansas State pissed themselves on the road against a UL-Monroe squad they should have defeated and UT-Martin is just a complete disaster not even worth mentioning.

Harvard got a very important 82-76 win tonight over Princeton. Princeton and Columbia are Harvard's main competition in the Ivy (remember, no Ivy conference tournament) and with the win Harvard is now 16-3 (3-0) while Princeton is 12-4 (0-2). That stupid loss by Harvard at now 7-14 Florida Atlantic a couple weeks ago still pisses me off. Harvard going undefeated in the Ivy with their only losses being to CU and UConn in the final seconds would have been a really nice scalp for us to have for the resume. It still is a solid win, but there's nothing Harvard can do now to take away from that horrible Florida Atlantic loss. Really hoping they pull an undefeated season in the Ivy. They're very capable of doing so, it's @ Princeton that's the main concern.

Such a big weekend in the Pac. It's all big from here on out.

Obviously CU 15-6 (4-4) vs Utah 14-6 (3-5): Never saw it coming with a home game against Utah being able to tell us so much about the fate of our season.

ASU 16-5 (6-3) @ Stanford 13-7 (4-4): Chance for ASU to take a big leap towards top 4 and a Dance ticket, Stanford and Dawkins are fighting for his job and keeping Dance hopes realistic.

Arizona 21-0 (8-0) @ Cal 14-7 (5-3): Like much of the Pac, Cal has bubble written all over it. Chance for the big marquee win to put them safely in.

Washington 13-8 (5-3) @ Washington State 8-12 (1-7): Washington remains off the radar but their RPI is in the high 60s and a win in Pullman would bring them to 14 wins and fighting for top 4 in the Pac. Huskies have a chance to enter the conversation.

USC 10-11 (1-7) @ Oregon 14-6 (2-6): That 2 point home loss to UCLA was a dagger that really hurt Oregon's chances, but they still sit with a top 50 RPI and ample opportunities for big wins down the stretch. As ridiculous as it sounds, Oregon isn't quite dead yet.

UCLA 17-4 (6-2) @ Oregon State 12-8 (4-4): UCLA looks the clear number 2 in the Pac and clearly safe. Oregon State, despite having the worst in-game coach ever, is in the thick of things with a chance to take a big step towards an NIT bid and keeping Robinson safe for another year.

Yes. We need Baylor to stay in the Top 50. That helped a lot. I'd love to see them finish right at #50 and miss the Dance, though.

Yep. Okie Lite is going to remain quality. Baylor was a serious risk of complete collapse. This is good news

Longhorns are laying it on Kansas at the moment up 17 late in the first. I'm sure KU has a run in them, but Rick Barnes is doing his best coaching job yet this year. Always respected him for basically telling Dean Smith to **** off in his Clemson days during a typical Carolina reffing debacle.

Stanford up at home on ASU 53-39 with about 13:30 left. A Furd win would created a Pac-12 logjam at 5-4 in the middle, which would be very good for CU. We'd be back to controlling our own destiny for the 1st round bye in the P12T.

Stanford up at home on ASU 53-39 with about 13:30 left. A Furd win would created a Pac-12 logjam at 5-4 in the middle, which would be very good for CU. We'd be back to controlling our own destiny for the 1st round bye in the P12T.

Big win for Stanford, both for Pac standings and the Dance. Season ended today ASU and Stanford might both sneak in, but it's close.

Back