What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Washington beats Oregon 80-76.

Huskies now 12-8 (4-3), Ducks fall to 13-5 (1-5). Disaster for Oregon as they still have to face Arizona and UCLA each twice

Thought this was going to be the year the Conference really broke out as one of the premier conferences in college basketball, but it doesn't look like that is the case

Oregon is a train-wreck, even the Oregon boards are starting to turn on Altman's rent a player style and sustainability of the program with that philosophy. Be interesting if they can turn it around, not an easy road ahead.

Well it appears Altman can't get that team to play any defense, 5 games in a row giving up 80 or more pts...

Oregon is a train-wreck, even the Oregon boards are starting to turn on Altman's rent a player style and sustainability of the program with that philosophy. Be interesting if they can turn it around, not an easy road ahead.

Looking at that schedule, it's certainly an uphill climb with Zona and UCLA each twice still to come. At 1-5, it's hard to see how they do anything better than 9-9 and without some resilience it could get much uglier than that. Still have a feeling they'll bounce back a bit, but tonight's loss really has put them in a nasty hole. Thoroughly enjoying it. Have to figure they're eyeing this upcoming @ Wazzu, UCLA, USC stretch before going to Tucson as 3 absolute must-wins.

Yeah hard to build chemistry when your roster looks really different every year. And what kind of message does that send to your bench, work hard and learn the system and that starting spot will be yours, unless we get a transfer with more talent than you.

Baylor falls to 1-5 in Big XII...

As much as I realize that CU is likely headed for the bubble and we need to have our SOS & RPI as healthy as possible... I can't bring myself to get upset about Oregon and Baylor imploding.

Harvard cruising at Dartmouth. Harvard had a horrible loss to Florida Atlantic previously which really hurts their prestige, but at least it wasn't a conference loss. Princeton and Columbia will be putting up gaudy conference records and with no conference tournament, every conference game takes on massive importance.

Utah is going to be a tough matchup for us. They play an aggressive 2-3 zone and can really get in passing lanes.

On offense, I don't know if we have anyone that can properly guard Loveridge who kinda plays like Wilcox.

Utah believes. They fight for each other and Coach Krystkowiak and never come out intimidated on the road. Gutsy team that is as hungry as any I've seen. Buffs better come ready to play because Utah doesn't turn soft on the road anymore. They know they can hang with anyone.

Utah believes. They fight for each other and Coach Krystkowiak and never come out intimidated on the road. Gutsy team that is as hungry as any I've seen. Buffs better come ready to play because Utah doesn't turn soft on the road anymore. They know they can hang with anyone.

My parents are coming to this game because I thought it'd be a fairly easy win. I'm officially concerned about it now.

This thread is awesome and shows that some of you AB'ers absolutely "get it", with respect to SOS and RPI. This topic got a lot more important with the team's struggles following the Dinwiddie injury. Never enough interest in hoops at my VT site to keeps something like this going. Props to those who care enough to track opponents over the course of the year (excuse to watch more basketball too).

I can't make myself upset about Baylor even though it is a tough one for CU's resume.

Back