What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Kansas @ Colorado basketball game thread

If the refs think we're even, they're wrong. They still owe us a conference game.

Unfreaking believable. I arrived and actually had to sit in my seats since the student section was packed. Awesome!

Tad mentioned in the post game interview with Johnson that he to be coerced into running a zone. Said he would've immediately taken them out of it had KU scored on the 1st or 2nd possession against it. It's good we have quality assistants who Tad trusts.

Still buzzing!

Hmmm .. seems like someone on this board suggested going to a zone on occasion when our D wasn't very effective early last season ... and he was shot down by posters here that said TB would never go to a zone.

Gee ... who was that poster? Oh yeah ... ME! :lol:

Hmmm .. seems like someone on this board suggested going to a zone on occasion when our D wasn't very effective early last season ... and he was shot down by posters here that said TB would never go to a zone.

Gee ... who was that poster? Oh yeah ... ME! :lol:

blind squirrel, nut, etc.

Without breaking into a zone, we don't win. And as a closet zone guy, it was beautiful!
I couldnt believe how poorly KU did against the zone at first. They had 1 guy in the paint, and the other 4 morons just stood around the 3pt line kicking the ball over to each other.
I think they didnt want to go inside because of big ben mills.
Also, do note that ben got us the lead (which we should have had much earlier, had we made FTs) and we didnt lose it after he got it for us.
Go ben!

I couldnt believe how poorly KU did against the zone at first. They had 1 guy in the paint, and the other 4 morons just stood around the 3pt line kicking the ball over to each other.
Also, do note that ben got us the lead (which we should have had much earlier, had we made FTs) and we didnt lose it after he got it for us.
Go ben!
= out coached.

Go ben!

KU, I believe, hit 3 of their first 4 shots from three. Later in the game they were 4-18. Once they went cold from outside the zone was the perfect move. They did warm up and hit a few down the stretch...

Know Bill Self referenced the Askia Booker shot and how he thought it was a travel, or euro step, but he was pretty classy overall. Said he doesn't like losing, but if he is going to lose, glad it was to someone like Tad Boyle who does it the right way. Non-commital on another home and home with CU, but said it was something he'd have to talk about

Know Bill Self referenced the Askia Booker shot and how he thought it was a travel, or euro step, but he was pretty classy overall. Said he doesn't like losing, but if he is going to lose, glad it was to someone like Tad Boyle who does it the right way. Non-commital on another home and home with CU, but said it was something he'd have to talk about
I dont want to be that guy, but calipari is probably thanking himself for not agreeing to a home and home with us this year because of what happened today. No one like UK, KU, MSU, Duke, etc is going to want to do home/homes with us because there's a real possibility of them losing. We arent a cup-cake anymore, and it could be tougher to get quality games in the keg because of this. Not that I mind, but if we can sustain this level of success, we will have opportunities (im looking at you turgeon) to play quality teams and no one will expect us to be a 2012/2013 baylor bears style drag on their RPI.

No way does KU reschedule another home/home. They thought they were getting the CU that they remembered from the Big 12.

No way does KU reschedule another home/home. They thought they were getting the CU that they remembered from the Big 12.

Exactly! (and we totally gave that CU to them last year in the PHOG) but we are getting to the level where scheduling is a problem because in the keg we are a serious issue and a possible loss, and could get routed away. To be the best, we need to beat the best, and we need to do that on their court and in ours, and we need to make sure that we can schedule games with the better teams.

If we become a known entity (a brand of sorts) teams will play us as a loss won't be the end of the world. What you don't want to be is a middling team where teams won't play you because they're worried of a potential loss that looks bad.

If we become a known entity (a brand of sorts) teams will play us as a loss won't be the end of the world. What you don't want to be is a middling team where teams won't play you because they're worried of a potential loss that looks bad.
Someone hasnt been drinking as much as I have. This is what I've been trying to say.

Agree. Plus ... getting into one of those opening tourneys like MSU, KY, Duke, and KS played this season would go a long way towards cementing our position as one of the elites. We're not at the point yet where we would be invited to one of those ... but two straight Big Dance appearances (preceded by a Final Four NIT appearance) plus wins like today's should go a long way to getting the necessary cred for that.

If the KUs of the land turn you down, I guess you try to schedule Gonzaga, VCU and other standout mid majors who need signature OOC opponents because their in-conference games weaken their RPI.

I dont want to be that guy, but calipari is probably thanking himself for not agreeing to a home and home with us this year because of what happened today.

I think Calipari is probably thankful Boyle didn't agree to just the 1 game in Lexington. Not saying CU would have won for sure, but Kentucky doesn't exactly have a quality win on their resume to this point. Their schedule the next 4 is just brutal; wouldn't be shocked to see them take 2-3 losses.

I think Calipari is probably thankful Boyle didn't agree to just the 1 game in Lexington. Not saying CU would have won for sure, but Kentucky doesn't exactly have a quality win on their resume to this point. Their schedule the next 4 is just brutal; wouldn't be shocked to see them take 2-3 losses.

Really? I thought they were going to win 40 games this season? :rolling_eyes:

Why else would a team loaded with freshman ... whose predecessors failed to make the Dance last year and got bounced in the first round of the NIT by ???? be ranked #1 in the pre-season polls?

Back