What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Colorado @ WSU Game Thread

Dinwiddie's twitter. "Leave me alone." Im not big on twitter, but I feel bad for the guy. I'm sure immature buff fans were going at him. It just wasn't his day. It happens. I can't wait to see him Sunday.

I thought this was the meeting place for immature Buff fans. Is there somewhere else I should be participating?

I keep wondering what the dynamic is between Spencer and Ski. I think they're both good kids and great ballplayers, but I can't help but wonder if all the attention Ski has been getting this year - especially being named Pac-12 player of the week after our two biggest wins (KU and Oregon) - resulted in Spencer throwing a pity party for himself the last couple days. It looked to me like Spencer sulked his way through the game last night, at least offensively. "Well, everyone loves Ski, here is the ball with two seconds on the shot clock Ski, do your thing."

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws here, but Spencer has the tools to take over almost any game. It is frustrating to watch him constantly defer to others on the team.

Whatever the reason for the poor play will be rectified the next four days. Tad said in his presser that he is happy we have until sunday, because he can get in some extra practices. I hope we get down to seattle this morning and hit up their gym tonight. Settle in, get depth perception set, and play how we expect them to. One thing to keep in mind is this game even though it was "home" for WSU, it looked and felt like a neutral site game. The team has not played well in those kind of arena's so far.

Hope Spencer gets healthy quick, last night proved just how much we need him.

I keep wondering what the dynamic is between Spencer and Ski. I think they're both good kids and great ballplayers, but I can't help but wonder if all the attention Ski has been getting this year - especially being named Pac-12 player of the week after our two biggest wins (KU and Oregon) - resulted in Spencer throwing a pity party for himself the last couple days. It looked to me like Spencer sulked his way through the game last night, at least offensively. "Well, everyone loves Ski, here is the ball with two seconds on the shot clock Ski, do your thing."

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws here, but Spencer has the tools to take over almost any game. It is frustrating to watch him constantly defer to others on the team.

If I have to guess then I'll go with something personal / not basketball related (hungover, girl troubles, burned out, over tired, etc.).

I think he was just having a bad day and it translated over to his game.

The good news is we still won despite WSU's best game and our absolute worst game.

Booker, Scott and Xavier (Free throw shooting aside) made some big plays though. Talton's 3 was huge, too.

Whatever the reason for the poor play will be rectified the next four days. Tad said in his presser that he is happy we have until sunday, because he can get in some extra practices. I hope we get down to seattle this morning and hit up their gym tonight. Settle in, get depth perception set, and play how we expect them to. One thing to keep in mind is this game even though it was "home" for WSU, it looked and felt like a neutral site game. The team has not played well in those kind of arena's so far.

Hope Spencer gets healthy quick, last night proved just how much we need him.

Well, I hope they figure that out before March.

Some of you read way too much into thinga

Sent from my Windows Phone via Tapatalk

When you say "Thinga" are you referring to the Zoroastrian animus? I feel as though it's misplaced there, and probably "Zulma" would have made more sense.

There's no such thing as an easy win in the P12 anymore. Every team has talent to make you pay on an off night. The team just learned that.

When you say "Thinga" are you referring to the Zoroastrian animus? I feel as though it's misplaced there, and probably "Zulma" would have made more sense.

[video=youtube;7hRSfvpOz4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRSfvpOz4A[/video]

My wife remarked that it looked like Ski was the only player that wanted to win. I don't think that is far from the truth. Yeah, the Cougs shot the lights out and Spencer might be sick. We still almost lost to a team that Arizona held to 25 points. Our effort was terrible from the start. The only bright spot is we somehow pulled it out.

Spencer needs to be aggressive and full of energy from the jump. The team follows his lead. Good or bad, luckily Booker's energy and aggressive nature is there on a consistent basis.

Great players are locked in for just about every game, regardless if they're sick or whatever. I don't know what's up, but Spencer went through the motions, epitomized by his lack of focus from the free throw line at the end of the game.

I love Spencer and he has the tools, but his energy and aggressiveness needs to consistently be at a high level. If that happens, the Buffs will be a Top 10 team. His aggressiveness opens things up for everyone else on the team.

Dinwiddie is our best player and we'll go as far as he takes us, period!!!

Another sign CU basketball has arrived - we go on the road, play crappy basketball and still win the game.

It's been pointed out a lot, but I'll repeat it - there are no easy wins on the road in the Pac 12. Even WSU. Even USC. Even OSU. I'm sure WSU was feeling a little stung by the fact that they just got humiliated at AZ. They have pride, too. What better way to show that they're not as bad as they showed in Arizona than by playing lights-out against the #15 team in the country? This was a confluence of factors that all added up to a bad game for CU, and a great game by WSU - and we STILL WON THE GAME.

It wasn't that long ago that CU was the WSU of the Big 12. We'd get boat raced at Kansas or Oklahoma and come home to beat Texas or Missouri or KSU. It happens. Instead of jumping off bridges, we should simply breathe a sigh of relief and move on.

Another sign CU basketball has arrived - we go on the road, play crappy basketball and still win the game.

It's been pointed out a lot, but I'll repeat it - there are no easy wins on the road in the Pac 12. Even WSU. Even USC. Even OSU. I'm sure WSU was feeling a little stung by the fact that they just got humiliated at AZ. They have pride, too. What better way to show that they're not as bad as they showed in Arizona than by playing lights-out against the #15 team in the country? This was a confluence of factors that all added up to a bad game for CU, and a great game by WSU - and we STILL WON THE GAME.

It wasn't that long ago that CU was the WSU of the Big 12. We'd get boat raced at Kansas or Oklahoma and come home to beat Texas or Missouri or KSU. It happens. Instead of jumping off bridges, we should simply breathe a sigh of relief and move on.

Do you really think WSU has pride too?

Dinwiddie's twitter. "Leave me alone." Im not big on twitter, but I feel bad for the guy. I'm sure immature buff fans were going at him. It just wasn't his day. It happens. I can't wait to see him Sunday.

If you are going to run your mouth about 18-0 in conference and call your self the best team then people are going to taunt you when you play poorly, and honestly its not even like spencer was playing poorly it was like he didnt want to be there.

If I have to guess then I'll go with something personal / not basketball related (hungover, girl troubles, burned out, over tired, etc.).

I said this to Goose during the OSU game he looked the same, something is up he's even more passive and deferential than normal. Even against Oregon Artis was there taunting him he didnt do or say **** to Artis. As big as Spencer is he should have cleared out the side backed Artis down and shot it over him. Then asked him to shut-up like he did the CSU students.

Do you really think WSU has pride too?

Google brought me this:

9506d6e6fd30f92e050fde38271f070b.jpg

and these:

il_340x270.520313520_iavo.jpg

390692_325816284211656_1810180549_n_crop.jpg

Video game syndrome

Every game is not going to be a blowout. That only happens in video games. The other team is on scholarship too and played for pride in their conference opener.

Video game syndrome

Every game is not going to be a blowout. That only happens in video games. The other team is on scholarship too and played for pride in their conference opener.

What did they play for last week when they scored 7 points in the first half against Arizona?

Also, Lamar Hurd pisses me off more than any other color guy I have ever listened too.

I wasn't all that upset with him. He is fairly monotonous and boring.
[video]http://pac-12.com/article/2014/01/08/video-lamar-hurd-compares-colorados-josh-scott-andr%C3%A9-roberson[/video]

On the other hand, I feel like Raferty sucks so much more. He kept saying you don't need this(points) when Moser kept hitting 3s at the end of the Oregon game. Typical, because he sucked Duck d1ck the entire game. He also knows nothing about basketball except for catch phrases that he thinks are creative.

Last edited:
Back