What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 MBB Coaching Carousel

Eustachy already said he is only leaving for an NBA job. And yes I'm aware he could be lying. But I see him staying in FoCo till he retires

Eustachy already said he is only leaving for an NBA job. And yes I'm aware he could be lying. But I see him staying in FoCo till he retires

I could see that too. He really likes the area, and he has a support system in place out here (he's friends with the Kroenke's).

**** Bruce Pearl. He'll rapidly improve Auburn and then bolt after 3 seasons when they get rocked by sanctions.

I don't see how an assistant CU coach would end up at Cincy. Cincy was ranked in the top 15 this year.

How many times has an assistant from a perceived lesser program ended up as a head coach at a perceived better program?

Reading reports that Steve Donahue, previously thought to be safe a few days ago, has been dismissed from BC.

I don't see how an assistant CU coach would end up at Cincy. Cincy was ranked in the top 15 this year.

How many times has an assistant from a perceived lesser program ended up as a head coach at a perceived better program?

Yep. Don't see that at all

Ken Bone was fired at WSU.
No surprise there, expecting any other Pac-12 ones? I thought Craig Robinson was going to get fired last year, but he made it back to the Craig Robinson Invite (CBI) this year.

Any idea who Wazzu might get?

No surprise there, expecting any other Pac-12 ones? I thought Craig Robinson was going to get fired last year, but he made it back to the Craig Robinson Invite (CBI) this year.

Any idea who Wazzu might get?

My initial thought was Eustachy, to get CSU back for their bowl victory. Otherwise I'm sure they'll make a push for someone who has west coast ties like Randy Bennett or Leon Rice, or go after an assistant from a good PAC program. Who they approach first and who they end up getting will probably be far apart on their list. Tough place for any coach to succeed.

Ken Bone was fired at WSU.

Tough job. They need to hire someone with good connects to the JUCO ranks and who runs a system that doesn't require Wazzu to out-athlete other teams in the conference to win. Need to find another Bo Ryan disciple. Bennett's recent success in Pullman should help in that regard.

Tough job. They need to hire someone with good connects to the JUCO ranks and who runs a system that doesn't require Wazzu to out-athlete other teams in the conference to win. Need to find another Bo Ryan disciple. Bennett's recent success in Pullman should help in that regard.

There was an article in today's Washington Post about the Bo Ryan coaching tree. He has three former assistants also coaching in the NCAA Tournament. Bennett at VA, Saul Phillips at North Dakota State, and Rob Jeter at UW-Milwaukee. Jeter might be a guy WSU looks at. His team was picked to finish last in the Horizon League and ended up winning the Tournament.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...364d08-ae77-11e3-b8b3-44b1d1cd4c1f_story.html

My initial thought was Eustachy, to get CSU back for their bowl victory. Otherwise I'm sure they'll make a push for someone who has west coast ties like Randy Bennett or Leon Rice, or go after an assistant from a good PAC program. Who they approach first and who they end up getting will probably be far apart on their list. Tough place for any coach to succeed.
Jeff Goodman mentioned Ernie Kent and Leon Rice as possibilities FWIW.

Jeff Goodman mentioned Ernie Kent and Leon Rice as possibilities FWIW.

Also he mentioned Tommy Amaker and Mike Hopkins for BC possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also he mentioned Tommy Amaker and Mike Hopkins for BC possibilities.

I would completely agree that Amaker is poised to get another shot in a big conference. Would add some viewers to a weeknight BC/Duke game for sure. I would also guess that based on recent success that GWU's Lonergan who has ties to Catholic schools would be contacted.

Not sure, but maybe they could petition the NCAA to end it early?
Yes, they can.
Pearl said he cannot recruit, or evaluate, under his NCAA show-cause penalty from his time at Tennessee until Aug. 24, 2014. NCAA spokeswoman Emily James said Auburn has 30 days to file a report to the Committee on Infractions either contesting or accepting the show-cause penalty.
I doubt the NCAA lessens the penalty, Pearl will just let his assistant recruit until August, which can't be much worse than recruiting under Barbee.

Back