What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Official Uniform Thread

We should have the best unis in cfb. Black gold and silver is the best tricolor palette you could possibly have.

With the introduction of the black I agree.

Back with the gold jersey/silver txt and silver pants it was.... interesting.

If you say a color is your official color but you've never used it is it really your color?

COXXUC5656A(1).JPG
ZPYQPRSKJMQGPLN.20090920054828.jpg

what % of games in all sports has silver been used in your lifetime?

col-07-09-blackgold-patrickgreen-675x380.jpg

Hawk Uniform had silver numbers

We had this jersey in the 80's/90's, although I can't find an exact date. It has a silver stripe though the shoulder stripes and the numbers. We also had a gold variant

$_14.JPG

We wear silver in Basketball for big games

20131209__cu-buffs-mens-basketball-vs-kansas~p1.jpg

The band has Silver in their uniforms

SchoolColors.jpg

The university logo has silver

University_of_Colorado_2011.png

Last edited:

We had this jersey in the 80's/90's, although I can't find an exact date. It has a silver stripe though the shoulder stripes and the numbers. We also had a gold variant

$_14.JPG

SchoolColors.jpg

S2Slapped!

$_14.JPG

SchoolColors.jpg

Yeah but those are all ugly.

Uniform, sans arm stripes, look MUCH better, IMO.

20101121_113108_chrisbrown_500.jpg

Attachments

• 20101121_113108_chrisbrown_500.jpg
    20101121_113108_chrisbrown_500.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 109
Why is it that we can't move forward?
I have to agree with Tini here. Although, I don't think we need a drastic change, a change is needed. Whether some of you want to believe it or not, this stuff matters to kids, unfortunately. From what I've heard we will see changes next year but nothing over the top. I think that is a good balance.

If you say a color is your official color but you've never used it is it really your color?

efa29055eda8aab7646949a5c8ea433c.jpg

Silver ore mined from Alma Colorado. Lore around the use of black in CU's uniform is based on the fact that silver ore is often black. The black color of CU's uniform is a tribute to Colorado's mining history and the ore that was extracted from our mountains.

This silver ore literally helped put Colorado on the map, as statehood has its roots tied to the mineral wealth that was discovered by the state's pioneers.
Much of Colorado's silver ore was put on trains and shipped out of state to be refined. Every time CU puts on black, it is honoring thousands of early miners who toiled below the surface in the darkened mine shafts with picks, hammers, and dynamite to earn their living.

Silver ore mined from Alma Colorado. Lore around the use of black in CU's uniform is based on the fact that silver ore is often black. The black color of CU's uniform is a tribute to Colorado's mining history and the ore that was extracted from our mountains.

This silver ore literally helped put Colorado on the map, as statehood has its roots tied to the mineral wealth that was discovered by the state's pioneers.
Much of Colorado's silver ore was put on trains and shipped out of state to be refined. Every time CU puts on black, it is honoring thousands of early miners who toiled below the surface in the darkened mine shafts with picks, hammers, and dynamite to earn their living.
SkidSlapped!

Sounds like they just wanted to use black, and found a story to explain it.

I always had heard that with the emergence of TV, the gold/silver uni combo looked muted and muddled on screen and they needed a color to break it up. Insert black. Cool that they found a way to incorporate it into the mineral history of the other two colors though.

I always had heard that with the emergence of TV, the gold/silver uni combo looked muted and muddled on screen and they needed a color to break it up. Insert black. Cool that they found a way to incorporate it into the mineral history of the other two colors though.

Yep. Silver and gold is problematic at best without the insertion of another color, and they worked backwards from there.

Works fine for me.

Sounds like they just wanted to use black, and found a story to explain it.

The kind of person who takes exception to the color of silver ore are assholes, just like those who make the bison instead of buffalo argument.

My highschool produces a lot of d1 athletes every year...when I played football (2008-2012) all the kids who were getting college offers talked about uniforms about 60% of the time. Uniforms can really help or really hurt chances of picking up some kids..

And schools like Baylor and Oregon and other places that have a ton of alternate uni's *got a lot more attention*. I don't think it would hurt us to add some flair in our uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My highschool produces a lot of d1 athletes every year...when I played football (2008-2012) all the kids who were getting college offers talked about uniforms about 60% of the time. Uniforms can really help or really hurt chances of picking up some kids..

And schools like Baylor and Oregon and other places that have a ton of alternate uni's. I don't think it would hurt us to add some flair in our uniforms.

Sad but true. The real question is . . . does flourescent gold or silver exist?

And schools like Baylor and Oregon and other places that have a ton of alternate uni's *got a lot more attention*. I don't think it would hurt us to add some flair in our uniforms.

I wonder if the marketing research people at Nike know this....

I can see to get some initial attention from a recruit, but I doubt Alabama has lost too many because of their 1950's uniforms..

It's about it being cool to your peers. The uniforms garner attention and kids look up to the teams that change things up. Alabama doesn't need to **** around with it, Oregon did, Baylor does, UW does, even UCLA does. I think it is something you need to do if you aren't currently a powerhouse or 'hip'

Back