What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Sounds like Sitake was butting heads with Whittingham for months. Also interesting to me that Andersen wanted a DC with Pac-12 experience, which ruled out his DC from Wisconsin.

Was listening to the Daniel Jeremiah podcast in the car today. He had Bruce Feldman and Albert Breer on and the main topic was coaching candidates, changes etc. College guys they touched were Sumlin, Mora, Saban, Shaw, Kelly and Art Briles.

Summary

Sumlin - too soon, not after this season, not with the talent coming in, maybe in 2 years

Mora - good candidate to make the jump, Feldman doesn´t think he´s in for the long haul and might want to get out before USC gets all their schollies back, mentioned the Niners job, Mora not happy with some of the environment in Westwood

Shaw - has interest in the NFL and would listen, but probably not after this season, doesn´t want to leave on a down note

Brian Kelly - top candidate to make the jump this season, thinks he´s fighting an uphill battle at Notre Dame with the academic requirements. Both Jeremiah and Feldman have been hearing his name a lot from a bunch of people to think there´s a really good chance

Art Briles - Feldman thinks Briles has thought long and hard about the NFL and how his system would fit there, believes there´s interest

Saban - ship might have sailed, but in the right situation they both think he´d sit down to listen, the Maras like him a lot and almost hired him over Fassel when Saban was at Michigan State

Does that make Dennis Erickson the OC again at Utah? Seems like coordinators can't wait to get away from Whittingham.

Sumlin is still raw. He has to win at Texas ATM to prove he can win against Bama and LSU I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Mora is a really solid coach. I'd be glad to be rid of him in the conference. I only hope that if/when he goes, UCLA reverts to the norm and hires a complete moron to replace him. Mora is the best coach they've had since Terry Donohue.

I think Mora is a really solid coach. I'd be glad to be rid of him in the conference. I only hope that if/when he goes, UCLA reverts to the norm and hires a complete moron to replace him. Mora is the best coach they've had since Terry Donohue.

Solid as a coach, but not scary. Wouldn't mind seeing him go, but wouldn't hate to see him stay.

Great recruiter, slightly above average coach.

Great recruiter, slightly above average coach.

He came in with a bang recruiting wise and inherited a team that was pretty talented. This year didn't show as above average (Severely underachieved) and so I think there's got to be a question mark here. His NFL teams all declined under his watch.

I am taking a show-me approach here. If they have a poor year, Mora won't be such a great recruiter. He came into CFB with a great line of BS. Kids bought it and they will if he wins. If he loses he's basically Lane Kiffen.

Utah losing DC is a huge blow. He was the guy pulling the great Poly recruits.

Looks like they're also losing their OC, which I think might be a bigger deal. Utah was doing things on offense that it wasn't capable of in the past and Wilson stopped turning the ball over.

Per footballscoop.com:

Texas A&M: Per sources, Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen is joining the staff as offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

Looks like they're also losing their OC, which I think might be a bigger deal. Utah was doing things on offense that it wasn't capable of in the past and Wilson stopped turning the ball over.

Per footballscoop.com:

Texas A&M: Per sources, Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen is joining the staff as offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

A few Ute fans I talked to didn't seem to care too much for Christensen...thought he threw Wilson under the bus. Maybe Christensen was told to look around for other opportunities.

A few Ute fans I talked to didn't seem to care too much for Christensen...thought he threw Wilson under the bus. Maybe Christensen was told to look around for other opportunities.

I don't doubt that.

For the most part, I find most fans to be complete idots when it comes to evaluating coaches.

I don't doubt that.

For the most part, I find most fans to be complete idots when it comes to evaluating coaches.
Landing at UNLV from CU is being told to look for other opportunities. Landing at aTm from Utah is a promotion.

Landing at UNLV from CU is being told to look for other opportunities. Landing at aTm from Utah is a promotion.

Christensen gave up the coordinator title to move to aTm. Probably does mean that he wanted or needed out of Utah. aTm probably can do it without cutting his pay, too.

Christensen gave up the coordinator title to move to aTm. Probably does mean that he wanted or needed out of Utah. aTm probably can do it without cutting his pay, too.

Couple of related possibilities.

Christensen spent a long time paying his dues as an assistant to Gary Pinkel at Missouri. He got his shot at a head job with Wyoming and liked being the man in charge. He landed at Utah after being fired but he had some success at Wyo mixed with his problems there.

Two different angles to this might be that after being the man in charge he had trouble "taking direction" from Whittingham creating a personality clash. The other is that he knows that he is reaching that age where the opportunity to get another head coaching job is going to quickly diminish. His resume includes plenty of time as a coordinator. He may feel that being in the SEC, especially at a fairly high profile program like aTm will give him better exposure and put him in better position to get that call again.

Christensen's players at Wyoming hates his guts. He's a prick.

Wasn't just players

Heard that the university employees who worked in the athletic department hated him as well, everyone from business development to the custodial and maintenance staffs. Not a lot of tears in the building when he was given his walking papers, has an ego bigger than Mangino's appetite.

My brother was supposed to be WR coach his last year, had the job and everything but during the summer Cristensens went on vacation and asked him to watch the house and the dog. Long story short he had to come to my sisters graduation that week and asked another coach to watch Daves house. The dog **** every where in the house and my brother was fired before even signing the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back