What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Entire CSU FB coaching staff received termination papers following loss. I guess Baldwin will not be head goat after all. CSU responds saying it is a "HR move" and that it doesn't remove anyone from contention....yeah, right. Tony Alford no longer a candidate.

A little speculation: Alford is out, Baldwin is out, Narduzzi is talking Pitt, so who is it going to be Ash? the DC from tOSU? Vance Bedford UT DC/DB coach? Mike Bobo, UGA OC? Scott Frost? Billy Gonzales from Miss. St.?

I bet we hear by Monday afternoon....

Frost would be a great hire.... but my gut says that UGA OC

But Bobo isn't the most well thought of is he?

Fans can be fickle, I remember that there were Bama fans happy when Sparkles left as well.

We were all thrilled when Helfrich left Boulder, turns out that Hawkins was the head of the problem and now Helfrich (granted with Kelly's players and system) in two wins away from a NC.

McElwain had some pretty strong western ties though. Bobo has never been outside Georgia/Florida.

Doesn't CSU recruit pretty heavily from Florida?

Yes, but CSU can't focus there. McElwain made Colorado, California and Texas his focus and then was opportunistic finding guys from SEC country. He was also a cultural fit. I believe he's from Montana and cut his teeth coaching at Fresno State. Really a perfect fit for CSU. Bobo is a Georgia guy who played there, coached at Jacksonville State, and then went back to Georgia to coach there. That's it. Very different from what worked before.

Still seems like a lot of Bobo chatter, but Billy Gonzales from Miss St apparently interviewed.

UM has talked about Sean Payton, not bloody likely, Jason Garrett and Doug Marrone from the NFL, hard to believe any of those would leave to go to UM.

Mora and Malzahn drawing NFL interest.

Still seems like a lot of Bobo chatter, but Billy Gonzales from Miss St apparently interviewed.

UM has talked about Sean Payton, not bloody likely, Jason Garrett and Doug Marrone from the NFL, hard to believe any of those would leave to go to UM.

Mora and Malzahn drawing NFL interest.

Agree, but I think there's a small chance Marrone might be available. The Bills are under new ownership. There was chatter before they beat the pack that the new owner might make a change...

McElwain had some pretty strong western ties though. Bobo has never been outside Georgia/Florida.

Bobo is a great hire....if you're a CU fan. Zero recruiting connections out here, and Georgia has been the ultimate bridesmaid for the last ten years. That hire doesn't scare me at all. I don't get why they'd go that way, either....unless Bobo has said he's open to keeping a fair amount of Sparkles' staff in place.

Yeah, Bobo seems like a poor hire to me.... but I'm usually wrong about everything, so he will probably end up being the next Chris Peterson.

Agree, but I think there's a small chance Marrone might be available. The Bills are under new ownership. There was chatter before they beat the pack that the new owner might make a change...
That's crazy to me. Marrone is a good coach.

Yeah, Bobo seems like a poor hire to me.... but I'm usually wrong about everything, so he will probably end up being the next Chris Peterson.
Yep. Coaching hires are such a crapshoot, that's what makes it interesting. But I was more worried when Frost was supposedly the guy.

Could Trestman make the move to colleg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Trestman make the move to colleg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trestman is probably the most over-hyped, over-rated coach around. Supposed to be some self-proclaimed quarterback whisperer. Where are the results?

Trestman is probably the most over-hyped, over-rated coach around. Supposed to be some self-proclaimed quarterback whisperer. Where are the results?

Well in his defense, he has been whispering to Jay Cutler the past couple years, so not sure we should be too rough on him.

Yeah. I don't know how much more anyone could have gotten out of Buffalo's roster this season. Hell, they're 8-6 with Kyle ****ing Orton behind center.
His D man, they are pretty damn good. To your point, they probably couldn't.

Last edited:
Back