What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

I most certainly did not.

My point was that if we are going to go down that road, it's best to make those moves now, while the kids have some time to make other arrangements. I'm not advocating MM go one way or the other. I just don't want to be in a situation where we're telling a kid that his scholarship is no longer available a week prior to LOI day. It's best to do that now - IF we're going to do it at all.

I may have read too much into your post then. The opening line seemed pretty straight forward (no if's).

Jeez, don't have a cow. If Lee and Anderson are a package deal, maybe we should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And is our not recruiting Anderson because the coaches don't think he can play or is it because he made it clear he was committed to Pelini and they didn't think it was worth the time and effort. If the second is the case it may certainly be worthwhile to take another look and at least ask if he might be interested.

Bo Pelini has plenty of faults but evaluating talent generally hasn't been one of them. If a kid is good enough for Pelini (and some others) to offer him he is probably good enough to be worth some interest from us.

And is our not recruiting Anderson because the coaches don't think he can play or is it because he made it clear he was committed to Pelini and they didn't think it was worth the time and effort. If the second is the case it may certainly be worthwhile to take another look and at least ask if he might be interested.

Bo Pelini has plenty of faults but evaluating talent generally hasn't been one of them. If a kid is good enough for Pelini (and some others) to offer him he is probably good enough to be worth some interest from us.

Don't want to take too much more time talking about other kids in Lynott's thread, but there have been some concerns about what position Anderson would fit in at the collegiate level (maybe not big enough for safety and may not have the fluidity for corner).

Poster 1,2,3,4,5 to infinity: "Trust MM. He is a great evaluator. We don't need stars and can't recruit them to CU anyway."
Said posters now: "Why aren't we recruiting Avery Anderson? He's a 4* in our backyard with lots of offers???????"

Poster 1,2,3,4,5 to infinity: "Trust MM. He is a great evaluator. We don't need stars and can't recruit them to CU anyway."
Said posters now: "Why aren't we recruiting Avery Anderson? He's a 4* in our backyard with lots of offers???????"

Because youve met Avery, his coaches, his parents, and know everything about him. Get this **** out of a recruit thread mods.

When do they release the measurables of the official visitors?

They don't really "release" them since CU can't talk about recruits before they are signed to a financial aid agreement. But Adam and others will somehow get ahold of that information in the coming days.

They don't really "release" them since CU can't talk about recruits before they are signed to a financial aid agreement. But Adam and others will somehow get ahold of that information in the coming days.
Thanks. I don't know whether to be pleased that both Sewells are as tall as TJ Fehoko, or concerned that TJ is as short as both Sewells.

Rex Manu did not visit this weekend, as was previously scheduled. He committed to Oregon this week.

Is that Fisher guy going to be a CB? I've heard a few folks talk about that especially if they don't score any other corners in this class. Need more LBs too. Valor Christian Eric Lee is going to Nebraska no matter what thanks to his family. Any chance for Anderson from Pine Creek making a switch?

NamePositionStateVisit DateCU OfferCommitment
Nicholas FisherRBCASeptember 19YCOLORADO
Tevis BartlettATHWYOctober 3Y
Quinten PoundsATHCAOctober 3YWashington
Jeremy KellyATHCANovember 28Yrescheduled
Tony BrownWRCADecember 5Y
Jordan CarellDTJCDecember 5YCOLORADO
T.J. FehokoDEUTDecember 5YCOLORADO
Justin JanWRAZDecember 5Y
Afolabi LagudaSJCDecember 5Y
Isaiah OliverATHAZDecember 5Y
Nathaniel RobbinsDEJCDecember 5YCOLORADO
Boogie SewellDTUTDecember 5YCOLORADO
Gabriel SewellLBUTDecember 5Y
Mika TafuaDEHIDecember 5YBYU
Tui Wily-MatagiATHHIDecember 5YUtah
N.J. FaloLBCADecember 12YCOLORADO
Donzale RoddieATHCADecember 12YUtah
Brett TonzDTAZDecember 12YCOLORADO

Anderson has not been offered. again.

I think the other DBs being recruited could potentiall play any DB position. Sort of Awuzie and Witherspoon like.

I don't know why the hell they haven't unless there's untold off-field issues I don't know about but that's a guy they can't afford to let leave the state. A lot of folks have offered that Conway kid at Overland hs. They NEED corners though cause next year it's all juniors and seniors and no freshmen or soph. Need to step it up there a bit this offseason or they'll have to get pretty inventive next year.

I don't know why the hell they haven't unless there's untold off-field issues I don't know about but that's a guy they can't afford to let leave the state. A lot of folks have offered that Conway kid at Overland hs. They NEED corners though cause next year it's all juniors and seniors and no freshmen or soph. Need to step it up there a bit this offseason or they'll have to get pretty inventive next year.

Why hasn't he been offered, you would have to ask the coaches and they can't talk until after LOI day.

It could be off-field issues but I haven't heard anything that would lead to that conclusion.

It could be that he has made it clear to them that he isn't interested. If he fell under the influence of some of the fusker parents around him this is possible, or his parents have something against CU.

Another very good possibility is simply that the coaches don't think he is the best fit for the numbers they have available. Sometimes a kid can be a very good player but not be a match for what a particular program is trying to do. Doesn't mean the kid is bad or the program is bad, just that the coaches don't think it is a good match.

Be that as it may, the problem still exists they need corners. And corners that can compete in the PAC12, not just a bunch of 2nd tier kids that've been passed over cause they didn't have the 40 time or couldn't jump high enough or whatever. Coach Mac can save face for the papers and say we're looking for the "right" people but he knows for a fact what he has to work with. Not saying that's a strike against him cause anyone with 2 oz of brains can tell this team's getting better but you also need talent too and guys that can come in and have a higher % of being a contributor early rather than developing over time. We get lucky with the 2/3 star guys every now and then but there's only so many Rodney Stewart's, Addison Gilliams and Nelson Spruces out there. Just saying but for now it's a building game

Why hasn't he been offered, you would have to ask the coaches and they can't talk until after LOI day.

It could be off-field issues but I haven't heard anything that would lead to that conclusion.

It could be that he has made it clear to them that he isn't interested. If he fell under the influence of some of the fusker parents around him this is possible, or his parents have something against CU.

Another very good possibility is simply that the coaches don't think he is the best fit for the numbers they have available. Sometimes a kid can be a very good player but not be a match for what a particular program is trying to do. Doesn't mean the kid is bad or the program is bad, just that the coaches don't think it is a good match.

To my knowledge, Anderson is a quality young man. No red flags or anything. The staff simply feels he is a tweener which usually means doesn't have the hips for corner or the frame for safety. Lee is so born and breed red and him and Anderson are so close, I don't see how they end up anywhere but kNU. But either way, we don't have the room to recruit both of them right now. We'll see in a few years if our staff missed.

Oh ya Lees gone for sure, he's already there. Still though the buffs need ATLEAST 2 corners in this class to grow cause they didn't signed one last year. I don't know if they're looking at Fisher for RB, WR or CB cause I've heard all three. I've also heard recently from a reliable source there's talk of moving Ross or Dunston (if he's healthy by spring but I doubt it) over to CB to keep them healthier. Don't be surprised if that happens.

To my knowledge, Anderson is a quality young man. No red flags or anything. The staff simply feels he is a tweener which usually means doesn't have the hips for corner or the frame for safety. Lee is so born and breed red and him and Anderson are so close, I don't see how they end up anywhere but kNU. But either way, we don't have the room to recruit both of them right now. We'll see in a few years if our staff missed.

Last edited:
Good. They need a couple more now and another LB & WR and were set. Also it may be good that Mustor & Cotner left early cause we can add more to our needs this year.

Back