What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Sefo with a killer (well, brave and funny) acapella rendition of some song I don't know last night was the highlight of Hard knocks.

Sefo continues to be noticed by coaches to the media and his teammates act like he is going to be around for a while. The vets generally have a good sense on who is going to be around after the final cuts.

I had thought his best bet would be to get a practice squad spot but my gut feeling now is that he is going to make the roster.

Winston is their franchise guy and they brought in Ryan Fitzpatrick to be the veteran back up. After that they have Griffin who has been their 3rd guy now for multiple years and a guy who stuck around with Atlanta for a couple years. Neither of them has improved to the level of being a decent #2.

Sefo of course doesn't have the tools of Winston but he may be a better fit long term as a back up in the style they play with Winston.

All kinds of good from the game last night besides KO leading with tackles

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/5_players_who_helped_hurt_them.html#incart_2box

Under the players who helped section
Cornerback Ken Crawley
The second-year cornerback from Colorado showed his strong training camp performance is not a fluke. He made plays all over the field, including a break-up of a fourth-and-goal pass in the end zone, but also was whistled for three penalties (two pass interference calls and an offsides). At this point, he looks like the heavy favorite to win the No. 4 cornerback spot on the roster.

Under players who hurt section

Quarterback Garrett Grayson
The third-year quarterback didn’t help his chances of earning a roster spot by coughing up a fumble deep in Saints territory to set up a Browns touchdown. Grayson rallied by making some nice throws in the second and third quarters, but the egregious mistake overshadowed his positive endeavors. His final numbers (11-16, 126 yards) looked better than they were.

Sefo led the Bucs in QBR tonight (4/5, 31 passing yards, 3 rushes, 12 yards). I mean he only got like 8 plays late in the game and Aguayo came on for a FG on 2nd down and ruined the drive with another miss (this is what happens when you draft a kicker in the 2nd round). Still Griffin/Fitzpatrick didn't look that great, and Griffin went off with an injury as well. Hopefully he gets more time next game.

Sefo led the Bucs in QBR tonight (4/5, 31 passing yards, 3 rushes, 12 yards). I mean he only got like 8 plays late in the game and Aguayo came on for a FG on 2nd down and ruined the drive with another miss (this is what happens when you draft a kicker in the 2nd round). Still, he looked better than Griffin, who went off with an injury as well. Hopefully he gets more time next game.
I came into the NFL preseason thinking it would be great if Sefo could stick on the practice squad. Hoping he can stick.

Sefo continues to be noticed by coaches to the media and his teammates act like he is going to be around for a while. The vets generally have a good sense on who is going to be around after the final cuts.

I had thought his best bet would be to get a practice squad spot but my gut feeling now is that he is going to make the roster.

Winston is their franchise guy and they brought in Ryan Fitzpatrick to be the veteran back up. After that they have Griffin who has been their 3rd guy now for multiple years and a guy who stuck around with Atlanta for a couple years. Neither of them has improved to the level of being a decent #2.

Sefo of course doesn't have the tools of Winston but he may be a better fit long term as a back up in the style they play with Winston.
To the bold above, safe to say that you got more from that music video than I did.

Watched a reply of the Bucs vs Bengals. I wish they wudda put Sefo in earlier, but it was fun watching him run the 2 minute drill.

The good - he moved the team into scoring position. The bad - he didn't seem to throw the ball with much zip.

Side note - big Josh played for Cinci. On one play he fought through a double team to blow up a running play. The next play he pushed the middle forcing the qb to step up and throw short of a 1st down. The color commentator noted that "he goes about 350" and then said something like that's generous.

To the bold above, safe to say that you got more from that music video than I did.

Should have mentioned but you guys give me crap for being long winded, the impression is from a lot more than that video. I have spent some time looking at camp coverage from Tampa bay as well as from some of the other Buff landing spots like Dallas, San Fran, Seattle, etc. and even NO with KC from last year. Not a comprehensive look but I like to see if they are being mentioned and getting coverage.

Sefo has gotten a fair amount of notice including from the veterans down there. Doesn't mean anything until it is official but it seems like they are treating him like a part of the team.

Sweet catch.

Let's hope it's not his clavicle. Those things can break so easily if he caught it at the wrong angle.

Back