What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 NBA Draft & CU Pro Prospects

He is better than Tony Parker at this point in Parker's career. DW starts at PG this season for the Spurs. Great fit!

one of the articles notes DW had the 2nd fastest "3/4 court sprint" of all players who went to the combine, That's incredible.
One of the nicest CU sports stories ever - a great young man get a great reward, something that just doesn't happen often.

I feel like the Nuggets have the worst lottery luck...I can't think of a year where we moved up from where we were supposed to pick. I hate being a Nuggets fan at times...

The only one I can think of is the '90 draft when Moe drafted Chris Jackson at #3 and was fired shortly after. I can't remember how they got the pick but they did make the playoffs that year.

A perfect situation for Derrick! Playing for one of the best coaches in NBA history, a team with aging guards that need replaced, and several superstars who can teach him how to lead a the NBA level.

He'll have every opportunity to start I'd think. I'm not sure how old Parker is, think like 33, dude has a ton of mileage though. He can teach Derrick a ton and he's gonna play for the best coach in the biz. Unrelated, Ginobili is most likely done.

He'll have every opportunity to start I'd think. I'm not sure how old Parker is, think like 33, dude has a ton of mileage though. He can teach Derrick a ton and he's gonna play for the best coach in the biz. Unrelated, Ginobili is most likely done.
Parker's 35. He's coming off the worst season of his career since his rookie year. PER was under 14, which isn't close to winning basketball for a PG. Patty Mills wasn't much better (PER a little over 15) and it looks like he's leaving in free agency anyway. Great opportunity for White to learn under Parker for a season. 2017-18 is the final year of Parker's contract and it wouldn't be a shock if he retired after the season.

Parker's 35. He's coming off the worst season of his career since his rookie year. PER was under 14, which isn't close to winning basketball for a PG. Patty Mills wasn't much better (PER a little over 15) and it looks like he's leaving in free agency anyway. Great opportunity for White to learn under Parker for a season. 2017-18 is the final year of Parker's contract and it wouldn't be a shock if he retired after the season.
Danny Green may be traded to Cleveland as well, if he isn't already. Both guard spots will need an upgrade. DW may just start for the 2017-18 Spurs. WOW!!!

I agree with all of that. That's also the word on Mills, think he's done in SA. He's not even really a point anyway, like a small 2 or combo guard.

He is better than Tony Parker at this point in Parker's career. DW starts at PG this season for the Spurs. Great fit!

I'm not a fan of Tony Parker ever since he was found to have slept with his teammate's (Barry) wife. I find that incredibly sleazy, regardless of whether or not marital issues were going on.... ....but despite personal judgments on character, can't deny his HOF talent. As much as I can't stand him, Tony Parker was a solid NBA player at this point in his career, while White is just starting. I think you're underestimating how quickly Parker was a great player.

The only one I can think of is the '90 draft when Moe drafted Chris Jackson at #3 and was fired shortly after. I can't remember how they got the pick but they did make the playoffs that year.

I had to look it up, but apparently we traded two 1st rounders in that draft to move up with Miami to get that pick. But I still can't think of a time when the lottery actually bumped us up in the draft. Sometimes we've held solid, and sometimes moved down, but move up?

I had to look it up, but apparently we traded two 1st rounders in that draft to move up with Miami to get that pick. But I still can't think of a time when the lottery actually bumped us up in the draft. Sometimes we've held solid, and sometimes moved down, but move up?

The Nuggets have been in the lottery 13 times. 7 times, they've dropped and 6 times they've stayed put. The highest pick they've had in the lottery years is #3, which is hilarious considering the Lakers suck for 3 straight years and somehow end up with 3 straight #2 picks.

Danny Green may be traded to Cleveland as well, if he isn't already. Both guard spots will need an upgrade. DW may just start for the 2017-18 Spurs. WOW!!!
I don't think the Spurs are done yet making moves. Word is, they are still trying to move Aldridge. Might be tough to do though.

I don't think the Spurs are done yet making moves. Word is, they are still trying to move Aldridge. Might be tough to do though.

Agreed. They were talking about this on the radio yesterday. Basically, Aldridge got his payday and promptly went on vacation. Not sure many teams want his lack of effort.

Agreed. They were talking about this on the radio yesterday. Basically, Aldridge got his payday and promptly went on vacation. Not sure many teams want his lack of effort.
That's exactly right. Pop doesn't put up with that ****. Yeah he's really stretch 4 but softer than toilet paper.

Is White still hurt? Sat out again.

Sadly I think it is obvious the Scott is looked at as a roster filler in summer league for Portland, he just isn't getting the minutes he would be it they wanted to take a serious look at him.

Still may give him a chance to get a higher profile for the Euro leagues to take a step up in level.

Got a long way to go and needs to find his stroke.
Big adjustment to defenses and playing without the ball in your hands.
Usage rate going way down so need to take advantage when opportunities arise.
But in right situation as the Spurs will get him prepared

Back