What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Paradise Jam in Virginia (formerly St. Thomas)

Team is very young and that may be a big advantage.

Not going to criticize anybody who has come to Boulder and worked to represent CU but in the last couple years the biggest problem this team had wasn't in talent, it was in attitude and priorities.

Didn't see tonight's game but in the couple of earlier games I got a chance to see it looks like this team has their heads in the right places. They work hard on both ends, they get satisfaction from team accomplishments, even when it is somebody else doing it. They pick each other up when somebody makes a mistake.

When a team is together in working towards winning it makes the game a lot of fun to watch. I think this year is going to be more enjoyable for Tad as well.

Great job Buffs.

I was reduced to keeping track on Yahoo Sports, but it was great to see us never go on one of our patented dry spells.

It would awesome to have a surprise better than expected year.

Team is very young and that may be a big advantage.

Not going to criticize anybody who has come to Boulder and worked to represent CU but in the last couple years the biggest problem this team had wasn't in talent, it was in attitude and priorities.

Didn't see tonight's game but in the couple of earlier games I got a chance to see it looks like this team has their heads in the right places. They work hard on both ends, they get satisfaction from team accomplishments, even when it is somebody else doing it. They pick each other up when somebody makes a mistake.

When a team is together in working towards winning it makes the game a lot of fun to watch. I think this year is going to be more enjoyable for Tad as well.

You could feel this from him in his post game interview. Tad sounded so much more relaxed. Sounded like a guy enjoying what he was doing again.

It's early, we haven't played anybody ... but hard to not to feel optimistic about these kids. Wright Bros are just ballers and if we can get GMFK rolling again, this could a surprisingly good year.

Great job Buffs.

I was reduced to keeping track on Yahoo Sports, but it was great to see us never go on one of our patented dry spells.

It would awesome to have a surprise better than expected year.
We did go on dry spells. I think we went 6 min wo a field goal. The difference was the team played defense and got to the foul line during the stretch

We did go on dry spells. I think we went 6 min wo a field goal. The difference was the team played defense and got to the foul line during the stretch

LOL - shows what following on the internet will get you.

Still, going that long without a FG isn't as painful when you can get to the line - and hit the free throws.

32pts 16 assists and 2 turnovers over the past 2 games. Insane.
We knew he was going to be good. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good, this soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do by the time conference plays rolls around.

I don’t think we ever played this well away from home last year. Did we? During the Quinnipiac game I was, like, “Here we go again.” But that magical finish seemed to chase the road demons away, didn’t it?

Really starting to like this team; although, I'll admit I gave up about halfway through that Quinnipiac game. Last two games were very fun to watch though.

Great start to the year, for sure, but have we really beaten anyone even remotely competitive this year? Not trying to rain on the parade, I just see a lot of excitement in this thread about how we are going to be so much better than expected, but I could see that all crashing back down once we get into the meat of the schedule.

I hope I am wrong because this really is a more fun brand of basketball to watch than in previous years.

Great start to the year, for sure, but have we really beaten anyone even remotely competitive this year? Not trying to rain on the parade, I just see a lot of excitement in this thread about how we are going to be so much better than expected, but I could see that all crashing back down once we get into the meat of the schedule.

I hope I am wrong because this really is a more fun brand of basketball to watch than in previous years.
Mercer is a good team.

I was going to ask what folk’s in the know would set our conference record over/under at with the results of this tourney factored in.

5-0 looks damn sexy on the standings page regardless of who it was against, so we should enjoy it for now. Some tougher opponents are coming in December. It seems like this team really likes playing together which is definitely what I'm most excited about.

Yep. Mercer is good. They'll end up winning 20ish and challenging for their league & an NCAA berth.

Toughest game on the non-conference schedule is at Xavier. I'm not sure anyone would be favored over them in their building this year. They're a great team this season.

The neutral vs Iowa is going to be a huge test right before conference play starts. That's the kind of game that can put you in the NCAA tourney if you can walk out with a W.

That come from behind buzzer beater win against Quinnipiac was a pivotal moment. The team decided not to lose and willed themselves to a spectacular victory.

That desire carried over during the next two games. Last night they came in as dogs but kept a comfortable lead throughout.

Sure hope the lessons of the Paradise Jam will serve them well all the way through March.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching football on Saturday night and the bottom ticket on Pac-12 network said Drake - 47, Colorado 33. Did they have the score switched or were they just getting a wrong score from somewhere?

Lots of good variables in place:
Team is young and able to go through a reset
An overseas trip to build camaraderie and the extra early games versus pros is a plus. UCLA used Austrailia trip last year.
Team SEAL training and paintball.
Good comeback win early and away from home (Quinnipiac)
No expectations.
Playing defense, but still need to rebound. We won't know till they play teams with size, so far no bigs and if CU can go small they will be successful.
Lets resist the temptation to explode when and if they lose a game. The Quinnipiac game showed the negative side.

I read somewhere it is not a high ankle sprain but beyond that Tad said we have to wait for him to get treatment and see how it goes.

Any word on the Siewert injury?

was just about to ask this...the guard rotation of Kin, Namon, George and Deleon (don't want to write off Dom yet, but he should be coming off the bench based on his foul trouble history) is one of the strongest groups we've had when you look at talent, decision making, aggressiveness and defensive upside...we'll get smoked down low against bigger teams though

losing Lucas for any extended period of time will hurt, the box score only reveals so much, but doesn't feel like Dallas is ready to be a contributor this early

was just about to ask this...the guard rotation of Kin, Namon, George and Deleon (don't want to write off Dom yet, but he should be coming off the bench based on his foul trouble history) is one of the strongest groups we've had when you look at talent, decision making, aggressiveness and defensive upside...we'll get smoked down low against bigger teams though

losing Lucas for any extended period of time will hurt, the box score only reveals so much, but doesn't feel like Dallas is ready to be a contributor this early

Due to Mercer not having much height, the Buffs went small so not many minutes for Dallas.
Dallas played well in his time. Blocked shots and rebounds which is what he needs to do.
When they play bigger teams he will be counted on much more heavily

College hoops is a guard's game.

Buffs are strong there, starting Wright-Wright-King with Brown our 6th man and Dom a vet who can stretch the defense with his shooting.

Yeah, we're thin in the front court. But it's better to be thin there than in the back court as we've been the past few seasons. Actually, we've lacked back court depth every season since Tad's first when he had Burks, Higgins, Nate and Levi plus guys in the front court with Austin, Dre and Relphorde who could handle to push tempo.

Not mentioned in the game thread, but Bey started to be the "glue guy" against Mercer that we need him to be. Only 2 points, but had 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocked shots. He's fouling too much, but I thought that game was an indication that he's starting to figure it out a bit.

Back