What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

You know this is about more than last night. But on the one opportunity Graham had to make a FG, he of course whiffed.

He and Price combined to go a breathtaking 14 of 21 this season. That's not good enough.

Especially since we didn't see a lot of attempts from 45+ yards. Should have been 80% considering the distance of the attempts.

Graham on the season was 1/1 from under 20 yards, 5/6 from 20-29, 3/4 from 30-39, and 1/4 from 40-49. The 8/10 on XPs was the worst part, though. But getting the ball up faster is fixable.

Diego hadn't really been any better with 2/2 from 20-29 and 1/2 from 30-39. But he was 16/16 on XPs.

Price was 2/3 from 20-29, 0/1 from 30-39, 1/1 from 40-49 and 1/1 from 50+. Made 26/27 XPs.

We also had Kinney miss a FG in the Stanford game and I don't expect to see him in that role again.

I don't think it's the end of the world if Price is our kicker next season, @Duff Man . Not a place I'd use a scholarship in this class.

Do you feel comfortable with Price being the kicker the next three years? I am okay with him getting a shot in 2017, just do not want to see another Graham situation.

Do you feel comfortable with Price being the kicker the next three years? I am okay with him getting a shot in 2017, just do not want to see another Graham situation.

I'd definitely be bringing in PWOs for 2017 as a priority. I'd evaluate in spring and see if I needed to find a JUCO or something over the summer. And if I went with Price, I'd only offer a 1-year scholarship for the season that could be pulled back if I needed to recruit a kicker for 2018.

I'd definitely be bringing in PWOs for 2017 as a priority. I'd evaluate in spring and see if I needed to find a JUCO or something over the summer. And if I went with Price, I'd only offer a 1-year scholarship for the season that could be pulled back if I needed to recruit a kicker for 2018.

This is the direction I would go. With our history and last years situation shouldn't be hard to get a couple of quality PWO type guys interested in competing. We just have to many other needs and to many quality potential recruits interested to use another scholly on a kicker this year.

Wondering if this has anything to do with where we stand on Daniels? Or perhaps it's what tschekz said.

You can have 8 people on the road. They all have to be certified. Generally those 8 are coaches but when you have open positions you can designate someone as a "coach" just as long as they have passed the NCAA certification.

Da Prato can't go on the road recruiting given his current position, correct? Does this mean he's just temporarily filling in for one of the open spots or could he possibly be replacing bernardi?

You can temporarily promote non-assistant staff to go on the road.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Probably not the forum, but any chance he has that job (bernardi)? He's certainly not a flashy hire, but he is young and has some experience with tight ends and special teams.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Probably not the forum, but any chance he has that job (bernardi)? He's certainly not a flashy hire, but he is young and has some experience with tight ends and special teams.

Definitely a guy who should be an assistant coach on a staff. We're lucky to have him in a QC position and I don't see how it can last without promoting him at some point if we want to keep him.

DaPrato has been on a trial run. He coached TE's at Montana St for 3 years previously. Also special teams. I hear Mac likes him a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him elevated after signing day.

DaPrato has been on a trial run. He coached TE's at Montana St for 3 years previously. Also special teams. I hear Mac likes him a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him elevated after signing day.
I agree. Hopefully Bernardi retires and he takes a TE/ST role, but they also could be saving him for the 10th assistant. Which is supposed to get officiay approved in April. Not sure it that means it goes into effect right away, but I'd think so.

How the heck did Oregon State get Bruce Judson Jr. to visit them this weekend? I think it is going to be a crazy last few weeks of recruiting. Some surprises for a lot of teams.

Awesome. He will be a huge plus to the staff now that he is more active on the recruiting trail. Jeffcoat has so much to offer a potential recruit with eyes on the NFL

Back