What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 roadies. Where you goin?

Oregon state. So glad for t p12 move. I've seen more games since I moved to Oregon than I watched in my last five years in Colorado

Long weekend in Salt Lake City for Wisconsin at BYU with Govt Mule playing the Thursday before!

One of my brothers lives in Portland, so I'll be going to the OSU game. I am also considering adding the ASU game as well

I did the road trip to Provo for the Wisconsin/BYU game last week (Badgers are one of the three college teams I follow). Some of you know that I've been in a heavy travel assignment since March/April -- enabling me to use Marriott rewards points for all lodging on this trip!

short version: Fantastic time and I will 100% do that road trip again for a game, probably the UU/CU game in 2019. Wife is likely now spoiled with Marriott based vacation and it may be hard to get her back in a tent.

my itinerary from last week, which I recommend:
Wed: left work 3PM --> drove to Steamboat Springs
dinner at Mahogany Ridge ((y)) followed by an evening trip to Strawberry Hot Springs w/ the wife ((y)(y)).

Thu: drove in through the Eastern entrance of Dinosaur Natl Monument. The Utah side of the monument has all the dinosaur bones and gets most of the visitors, but the drive through the CO side of the park on Yampa Bench Rd was well worth it (the road is Subaruable). We did all the scenic drives and a few short hikes on the CO side, visited the Utah side, looked at the bones and headed to SLC. Dino NM is cool and I'd stop again on my way to Northern Utah, but unless I was doing an epic @sockdolager rafting trip, I wouldn't make it a primary destination.

Grabbed carryout dinner and took it into Red Butte Amphitheatre, the best concert venue I've ever attended not named "Red Rocks". Saw my third Gov't Mule show of 2017 that night (my 4th Warren Haynes show of 2017!). Great show, great crowd, amazing venue. The amphitheatre allowed food, coolers and opaque backpacks -- that were not searched upon entrance (literally, the guys in front of me had a 40 gallon cooler and were not even asked to open it -- just waived in after their tickets were scanned).

Fri: day in SLC area. hike at Antelope Island, dinner and a scenic drive through Big Cottonwood Canyon.

Sat: drove to Provo, breakfast at this Russian place downtown called Hruska's Kolaches -- delicious and a big change from the ordinary. Fed and otherwise prepared, we headed to the game. I have never, ever, been treated so well while wearing enemy colors. IIRC, I've attended eight different college football stadiums as a visiting fan, wearing the away-team's merchandise and openly cheering for the visitors --- not one previous experience was even close to this. The walk across campus to the game, four people welcomed me to Provo and said they hoped that we had a great time. During the game, someone from BYU came through the visitor's family and friends section with free ice cream for all the Badger fans. After the game, walking back to the car and at the restaurant during dinner, at least six people again approached me, thanked me for visiting BYU, apologized that their team didn't show up and wished Wisconsin a good season. Tailgating was almost non-existent, but BYU fan could give Nub fan a lesson in being classy (I should re-post this on a Fusker board).

drove to Moab Saturday night.

Sun: Canyonlands National Park (just barely scratched the surface of this park, need to come back and spend a few weeks there). Drove home. Arrive home just after 10PM. Sleep....

Mon: alarm goes off 5 hours after getting home, and I'm on the way to DIA by 3:30AM. Back to the matrix.

pics: Dinosaur NM, Antelope Island, Lavell Edwards Stadium
21730916_10213305234880435_7766898525370927884_n.jpg 21740962_10211758127766572_8387742361451564008_o.jpg 21742909_10213320204494666_6319226840574709117_n.jpg

Attachments

• 21731179_10213307277811507_6079322186226143536_n.jpg
    21731179_10213307277811507_6079322186226143536_n.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I want like hell to be there for USC but my son is a mess right now. That's where my first priority is atm, he's with his mom and it's something new happening every ****ing day. I've got him seeing a counselor/doctor, not much luck so far. It's all gonna come to a head very soon I'm thinking. I'm too the point I'm running out of answers, something is definitely wrong though.

Because they're #28 nationally in football attendance and #14 in basketball attendance. That's a program that deserves to be in the P5 more than many members of the current P5.
So you want to replace a current P5 school with BYU?

It might be logical, but not terribly practical or realistic.

CU vs ucla
possibly (drive) CU vs utah

If the CU vs Utah game means anything this year, I will probably go. SLC was a ****ing ghost town though two years ago. The thanksgiving holiday plus SLC being a little boring anyway was not a great combo.

Mrs BuffUp and I finally reached a point where we don't host Thanksgiving at our home. So I have no excuse now to hit the closer road games like utah, az, azst. The long weekend really helps. I do miss those road trips to iowa st, kansas, kansas st, nubs. Big 8 days it was so much easier to hit up Road Trips.

Back to Boulder for the first time in a couple years vs. Washington.
Well, gotta love how plans change with kids. Had to drop due to kid sports and car repairs, but parents treating us via points to the Cal game.
Stoked to take the twins to a game during their senior year.
Who knows? Maybe they change their current college plans...:cautious:

I'll likely mosey up the freeway to see the Buffs-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl next weekend. It'll be a lot less money (but not as much fun) than it was seeing Buffs-UNC at Boulder last weekend with me whole fambly.

BYU really should be in a P5 conference.
Because they're #28 nationally in football attendance and #14 in basketball attendance. That's a program that deserves to be in the P5 more than many members of the current P5.

They have the support but it isn't likely to happen.

They are a geographic fit for the PAC12 but the PAC12 schools will never accept them based on their political stands on certain social issues such as LGBT, abortion, and the role of women. They would have a very hard time ignoring the racial make-up of the student body and the history of racial attitudes even though the church has in recent decades disclaimed most of those. The given reason will be based on academics as BYU does not match up with the rest of the PAC in academic standing and research and there are very real questions about the academic freedom and independence of the faculty at BYU.

If another conference like the PAC were to poach some B12 members they may consider BYU but the distance would be a problem and again behind closed doors how would the B12 Presidents (including those from TCU and Baylor) respond to the BYU religious beliefs. The issue of playing on Sundays would also be an obstacle.

Issue with BYU is not LDS politics. The issue is academic freedom / research intensity and whether they can be considered a peer institution.

Heading to Wazzu or ASU depending on where we are record wise. If we can pull tomorrow off then definitely Wazzu cuz it will be a better game and could be instrumental in the South race. If we have no shot at the south then probably ASU, it's clearly the better destination.

Heading to Wazzu or ASU depending on where we are record wise. If we can pull tomorrow off then definitely Wazzu cuz it will be a better game and could be instrumental in the South race. If we have no shot at the south then probably ASU, it's clearly the better destination.
ASU has ****ty fans but many of the female students are nice to look at.

I'm not worried about the fans on Nov. 4. Chances are there will be more CU fans in the stands than ASU fans.

Back