What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Honestly, I’m surprised that Maryland hired Locksley. The dude has a garbage record as a HC and numerous off the field issues. I know he is a great recruiter, but I would absolutely hate that hire if I was a turtle.

The Day 4 Vigil of the arrival of Coach Tucker Update:

Like Mike Price at a Tuscaloosa gentlemen's club, the carousel is rollin'

THE BIG ONE: Georgia DC Mel Tucker looks to be the next head Buff. Dave Plati apoplectic at the inability to control every item of news. Few jobs left open, yet CU issues a big zero on the coaching front....everyone else seems to know, does CU?

Filled jobs:

KU- pulls the trigger first, Les Miles, 5 years $2.775MM/year. UPDATE: Chip Lindsey OC (h/t Jens).
Western Kentucky- Tyson Helton in, Bryan Ellis QB coach from USC now OC (h/t Jens)
UNC- Fedora out; Mack Brown in. Mack bringing Tim Brewster (aTm TE) and Greg Brown (noted OC sloth) along for the redux. (h/t Jens)
Texas State- WVU OC Jake Spatival in (h/t SerenityBuff) Okie Lite and Mines OC Bob Stitt tagged as OC. (h/t Jens)
BGSU- Mike Jinks out (h/t Mtn.), BC's OC Scot Loeffler in (h/t White Rabbit)
Texas Tech- Kliffy K out (h/t Jens), Matt Wells, USU HC, and entire offensive staff, in (h/t nik)
Utah St.- Gary Andersen, back in the saddle until the next "episode" (h/t onealcd)
Central Michigan- John Bonamego out. Jim McElwain in (h/t Jens and nik)
East Carolina- Scottie Montgomery out (h/t Jens) Former JMU HC Mike Houston hired. (h/t Jens)
Louisville- Bobby P out, Scott Satterfield (App. St. HC) in. (h/t onealcd)
UMASS- Mark Whipple out. (h/t tschek) FSU OC Walt Bell gets the nod. (h/t SewallBeach)
Charlotte- Hires Will Healy, formerly of Austin Peay. (h/t DeNiro)
tOSU- Urban Meyer done. OC Ryan Day takes over.
Maryland- DJ Dirkin out, Mike Locksley in, for real this time.

Open jobs:

Georgia Tech- Paul Johnson hangs it up (h/t Jeric) Chargers OC Ken Whisenhut interviews (h/t Jens) Clemson Co-OC Tony Elliott, and Temple HC Geoff Collins interview.
KjSU- Snydley hangs it up (h/t Jens) Designated Special Ambassador to the program, nice gesture by KjSU.
Akron- Terry Bowden gets the hook. (h/t nik)

Secondary Market:

James Madison- ???
Appalachian St.- Lost Satterfield to Louisville.

Possibles:

UCONN- Edsall not winning
Okie Lite- The Mullet man
Vanderbilt- Derek Mason. (h/t ahoelsken), but nik says no movement until a new AD says Boo.
USF- Charlie Strong could be ousted (h/t nik).

FCS Openings:

Eastern Illinois- (h/t Deniro)
Liberty- Turner Gill out for personal reasons, Hugh Freeze in?

Other news:

FSU-
Hugh Freeze talking to FSU about an OC gig.
Jim Harbaugh- His name popping up re: Green Bay opening (h/t Jens) Maybe he is tired of getting pantsed every November by the Buckeyes
Pac 12- Oregon Live articles turning up heat on Larry "Hey guys, did you see I got an extension!" Scott.
Mark Helfrich- Not involved in any college jobs, per his own statement. Champagne corks pop in Boulder.
CSU- Bobo stays (h/t nik)
USC- UPDATE: Lynn Swann doubles down, Helton stays (h/t Jens) Ronnie Bradford, DB, Tee Martin, OC and Bryan Ellis QB, gone. (h/t unionbuff, Jens) Kliffy K "in the driver's seat" for OC (h/t TSchek) UPDATE: Boosters gathering pitchforks and torches over Helton retention (h/t Bombay) UPDATE: Kliffy K new OC (h/t Jens)
Rutgers- Chris Ash UPDATE: Ash is back (h/t nik).
Illinois- Lovie Smith UPDATE: Lovie not only stays, but gets extension (h/t Jens)
Auburn- Malzahn will stay apparently. (h/t TSchek) re-negotiates contract with big cigars to stay (h/t nik)
Maryland- DJ Durkin to get a $5MM buyout.
UH- fends off Texas St. more successfully than a bailer co-ed to keep Kendal Briles as OC. (h/t nik). UPDATE: 3 yr, $2.1 MM deal.
Tulsa- Philip Montgomery safe (h/t nik)
University of Northern Colorado- Earnest Hollings is safe and will remain head bear (h/t ahoelsken)
Purdue- Brohm stays. (h/t Jens) Louisville fans burning Brohm jerseys and threatening school children.
UNLV- Tony Sanchez safe. (h/t nik)
Boston College- Steve Addazio will return
University of Almost Mexico- Bob Davie back for year number Ocho

Great for Purdue (Purdue!!??) to have kept Brohm. There's something real about this guy.
BTW thanks for your updates lefty....

Honestly, I’m surprised that Maryland hired Locksley. The dude has a garbage record as a HC and numerous off the field issues. I know he is a great recruiter, but I would absolutely hate that hire if I was a turtle.

They love it. He's from the area and it seems he is beloved by former players and fans.

Louisville is interested in FHCMM's services as DC in addition to Ole Miss-heard today he's the leader for the Ole Miss DC gig now. Their top target was Pete Golding from Alabama, and he turned them down. Matters to us because we'll get an offset there when he lands somewhere IMO.

They love it. He's from the area and it seems he is beloved by former players and fans.

Yeah - I don't get it. I watched him closely during his tenure at UNM. Saying he was awful is putting it mildly. He was terrible in front of a camera and came across (at least to me) as incompetent. So long as they're happy and he's a long way from any teams that I care for.

Louisville is interested in FHCMM's services as DC in addition to Ole Miss-heard today he's the leader for the Ole Miss DC gig now. Their top target was Pete Golding from Alabama, and he turned them down. Matters to us because we'll get an offset there when he lands somewhere IMO.

I expect her gets about a $1MM to $1.3MM at Ole Miss. Their previous DC earned $1.1MM this past season. Just a wild guess

I expect her gets about a $1MM to $1.3MM at Ole Miss. Their previous DC earned $1.1MM this past season. Just a wild guess

He doesn't have much reason to drive a hard bargain. Just sayin'.

He doesn't have much reason to drive a hard bargain. Just sayin'.

Yes he does-This is a relationship driven business IMO-even more so now that RG went our and hired a guy from the Saban/Smart tree (doesn't Sexton represent both of them?). They'll settle for something if FHCMM gets one of the DC gigs he's in consideration for.

Guys, he can't take just any job. It HAS TO BE a college HC or an NFL assistant. This will not offset any of his contract.
We discussed this in another thread. Any job he takes will offset what CU owes him.

We discussed this in another thread. Any job he takes will offset what CU owes him.
I missed this then. Which thread? I’ve seen it stated by Brian Howell and Adam M multiple times that it must be college HC/NFL assistant. I’ve been through just about every thread that’s pertinent and seen nothing to state otherwise

Back