What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Probably not as weird as it sounds. Warner was their QB coach from 2007-2012. The TE coach has coached both TE and OL for 30 years.
Staten was the TE coach before he had become the OL coach. And so on....

It is pretty weird. All he did after a truly awful offensive year is just rearrange his offensive staff. This was an opportunity for him to actually find some fresh ideas at OC and he punted.

It is pretty weird. All he did after a truly awful offensive year is just rearrange his offensive staff. This was an opportunity for him to actually find some fresh ideas at OC and he punted.

I'd say this is more burying the ball than punting...

Oh, it's more going on here. This is a clear power play ego battle. He's pissed off and offended that the AD would have the nerve to tell him how to put together his football staff and demand that he make changes. So, in order to not give cause for termination, he technically made a bunch of changes in a way that said, "**** you. I dare you to fire me. I'll just collect my buyout if you do and work for ESPN until I decide to totally retire, because I don't need this bull****. If you don't like it, pay me my $7M buyout."

By not weird, i meant it's not like moving coaches to roles they're unfamiliar with. Like Chev to DB coach.

He had the chance to bring in new blood and passed. Appears it was a F you to AD.

Now rumors he was encouraging Haskins to go pro. Plus jabs at Fields. Hard pass.
Encouraging the consensus QB1 to go pro as if it was ever going to be a decision? Jabs at a guy coming to take his job? Sounds like a guy who wants to be assured he's going to be the starter, aka, every 4/5* QB in the history of CFB.

Coach Sunshades...er, Kliff Kingsbury gets FIRED from Texas Tech, then gets hired as head coach of the Arizona Cardinals! Vance Joseph gets fired as Broncos HC and is apparently being hired as DC for...the Arizona Cardinals. Oh, the indignity!*

*To be honest, though, I can't feel too bad for any of these guys making $1m+ a year (probably).

Encouraging the consensus QB1 to go pro as if it was ever going to be a decision? Jabs at a guy coming to take his job? Sounds like a guy who wants to be assured he's going to be the starter, aka, every 4/5* QB in the history of CFB.
All want to play. Some use nefarious tactics, with unnecessary chirping. They can play for some other team. Not mine.

Oh, it's more going on here. This is a clear power play ego battle. He's pissed off and offended that the AD would have the nerve to tell him how to put together his football staff and demand that he make changes. So, in order to not give cause for termination, he technically made a bunch of changes in a way that said, "**** you. I dare you to fire me. I'll just collect my buyout if you do and work for ESPN until I decide to totally retire, because I don't need this bull****. If you don't like it, pay me my $7M buyout."

Michigan State is a good job for Matt Campbell once they boot Dantonio after next year. Since his dream job at Ohio State is likely clogged up for the next 5 years, he might as well go to one of the top Big10(14) jobs

Put me in the camp that is adamant that the AD hires the head coach, but has no input on the rest of the staff. If that doesn't work for the AD, rinse and repeat, but do not meddle.

Back