What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

So who here thought Les Miles was a good recruiter? Turns out he sucks. H/T to 247's Tzisken, but Les is currently at #116. Ouch. Who were you guys singing the Les Mile praises?

So who here thought Les Miles was a good recruiter? Turns out he sucks. H/T to 247's Tzisken, but Les is currently at #116. Ouch. Who were you guys singing the Les Mile praises?

I’m not defending miles but dudes at Kansas, they’re embarrassing and always have been.

Miles will improve the talent at KU. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they are better than KSU, TTU and ISU within 3 years.

Was.

It's a key word in your question.

You guys are giving Les a pass!
I cant justify KU being stuck behind such powers as San Jose State, Ball State, Kent State, Wyoming, and only a hair above Idaho and UTEP.

The reality is that Les Miles doesn't carry any cred with him anymore among the kids or assistant coaches. The guy isn't a Mensa candidate, so really the only reason to hire Les is for the recruiting bump. The staff he put together is not great, and he's now looking for an OC. I don't know, he looks like a big miss to me. Charlie Weis like.

I cant justify KU being stuck behind such powers as San Jose State, Ball State, Kent State, Wyoming, and only a hair above Idaho and UTEP.

The reality is that Les Miles doesn't carry any cred with him anymore among the kids or assistant coaches. The guy isn't a Mensa candidate, so really the only reason to hire Les is for the recruiting bump. The staff he put together is not great, and he's now looking for an OC. I don't know, he looks like a big miss to me. Charlie Weis like.
What part of they had 1 commit when he got there do you not get? Was he supposed to have 20 commits by the 14th of January just so you could fairly compare him to G5 schools with completed classes? He's still doing better than all those schools, you're just using a ranking system that relies heavily on quantity to justify your argument, when you'd never use the same argument if CU had 10 commits compared to other schools with 17+.. Adding 10 commits on a .8272 average is pretty decent all things considered, and it's a better average than what Mac managed in 2013/2014 and he didn't inherit 1 commit with an early signing day. Why not bash Satterfield for his 131st ranking, surely that means he's a complete failure and all context should be ignored, right? Maybe his name doesn't carry cred anymore, but using this class against him is absurd. And yes, if anything deserved a pass for a year, it was inheriting that mess.

Maybe it is a big miss, why the vitriol over it? CU's class is one spot ahead from where MM had it, should we be concerned about that?

Haha. Alabama did not lose a DC. Lupoi was shown the door.
Saban thinks the program recruits itself I guess. To a certain extent, it definitely does, but man that’s a big move to “fire” arguably the best recruiter in the country, if that’s the case.

I’m also wondering if he wanted to make the jump to the NFL. If he didn’t want to leave the college game, but was shown the door at Bama, it’s very hard to believe he wouldn’t have every other big time program banging down his door, offering $1m/year to be DC and recruiter.

There were a lot of rumors with Georgia and Lupoi, so he was clearly looking for an out for whatever reason. Also a lot of rumors around Jimmy Lake and Bama, would be a bit surprising, all things considered.

Last edited:
There were a lot of rumors with Georgia and Lupoi, so he was clearly looking for an out for whatever reason. Also a lot of rumors around Jimmy Lake and Bama, would be a bit surprising, all things considered.

This feels like an easy call to promote Golding if you want to keep him past next season.

This feels like an easy call to promote Golding if you want to keep him past next season.
Saban went through that period of great coordinator stability with McElwain and Kirby. Now a revolving door. OC here will be interesting.

Tee Martin and Jimmy Lake out of the P12 - sign me up for that!
In a vacuum, sounds great for the the Buffs not having to recruit against those two, but this is part of the problem with the dwindling prestige and lack of resources in the Pac 12 compared to the other conferences. Two of the best recruiters and one of the best assistant coaches in the Pac 12 possibly leaving for the SEC. At what point does Chris Peterson, Wittingham, Cristobal, or Wilcox get offered $8-10m/year to coach in the Big 10/SEC/ACC?

Read multiple things on Lupoi having the play calling duties taken away during the season. Him leaving is no surprise at all.

Read multiple things on Lupoi having the play calling duties taken away during the season. Him leaving is no surprise at all.
Per S&P+ Alabama had a top 5 defense every year since 2009, and was the #1 defense more years than not. They plunged to 13th last year. It was a noticeable fall.

Tee Martin and Jimmy Lake out of the P12 - sign me up for that!
I was happy with Tee as the OC at USC. I figure that they'll always recruit well there, so his recruiting chops weren't didn't move the needle there like they would at CU or other Pac-12 programs. And he was a bad OC, which was good for us.

Of course, the other side of that is that the conference needs USC to be good since they're the only true national elite program we have. When they're mediocre, there's no one to fill that void for national perception.

Back