What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Koenning was Dennis Francione's OC at Bama and ATM. 10+ years ago. that was his career high water mark.....i guess. Not sure what happened with Fran.....he looked like a pretty good football coach for a while and then.....he didn't.

[toilet flushing sound].

Last edited:
What grade did Tucker get
B. Ranked the 8th (out of 11) best hire in the P5...
Colorado (B): Georgia DC Mel Tucker. There’s no questioning Tucker’s credentials — he’s a great recruiter, and his defenses helped lead 2015 Alabama and 2017 Georgia to national title games. He spent 10 years in the NFL before that. But I have some hesitation over the fact the 47-year-old Cleveland native has never spent even a season working in the western half of the country. Not that Pac-12 experience is a prerequisite for winning in the Pac-12, but the culture and recruiting landscape are so much different there than in the SEC.

good for CUD
Man it's so hard to break into the coaching ranks. Chidera was a with CU for almost 4 years as an asst recruiter and GA, making no money, and now he's probably going to be a QC guy at KU for 2-3 years, probably making like $35k/year. I get that's what it takes to become a high level assistant coach, but man it's a long road to making good money and actually coaching a position, let alone being a coordinator or Head Coach. Unless, of course you're an offensive guy in the NFL, in which case you are a coordinator by 28 and HC by 30.

Man it's so hard to break into the coaching ranks. Chidera was a with CU for almost 4 years as an asst recruiter and GA, making no money, and now he's probably going to be a QC guy at KU for 2-3 years, probably making like $35k/year. I get that's what it takes to become a high level assistant coach, but man it's a long road to making good money and actually coaching a position, let alone being a coordinator or Head Coach. Unless, of course you're an offensive guy in the NFL, in which case you are a coordinator by 28 and HC by 30.
Couldn't be more true. My brother was bouncing around all over Texas before he, finally, got a place to settle down. He's been there ever since. He's had quite a few offers to coach at the college level down there, but he's happy doing what he does, where he is. Hell, he makes more staying put than getting into that grind again. Depends on the state, I guess, but I know damn well that connections are important for advancement. Otherwise, it takes a good while to get a shot.

Then if you make it they never let you leave.

That or you know someone, you played in the NFL or your daddy just gets you a job. High paying jobs just get handed out like candy to privileged people.

I thought top Texas High School Head Coaches make like 100k?
I can't speak for how Texas works in every town or district. In Andrews, the head football coach was the AD as well. That doesn't mention, he's supplied with a vehicle and a house to live in. I should know, peckerwood would always **** up our Sunday game on the blacktop. Everybody else would go around the block, they knew damn well what we'd be doing. Forgot he was a deacon at my church, too.

Back