What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

What's worse? That we lost out on Valai because we couldn't afford him or we lost out because Mel thought Howdy Doody was a better choice?
Who said we couldn’t afford him? Or that they were interested? I would think someone highly regarded wouldn’t go to a program like RU where Ashe is a lame duck coach if he had options.

What's worse? That we lost out on Valai because we couldn't afford him or we lost out because Mel thought Howdy Doody was a better choice?
If we can’t afford the coach HCMT wanted or HCMT can’t recruit him to CU that is 100x worse. If HCMT has the ability to hire anyone he chooses and he ignores our allbuff recommendations and picks one young coach over another I can live with that. Especially since he worked with them both. Personally, I’m disappointed with the choice, but that likely means he is going to turn out to be the best hire on the staff.

Am I misremembering this place coming uncorked when ShaDon Brown was hired?

Competent head coaches and play calling coordinators are rare commodities, but are assistants born, or are they made?

It’s football, not rocket surgery.

Competent head coaches and play calling coordinators are rare commodities, but are assistants born, or are they made?

Oh? Tell me more...

Well done.

giphy.gif

Same way he recruited at USF, that what your TE, RB and OLB coach is for!
Seriously, Leavitt has the skillset to recruit, he isn't up for the relentless travel, which HCs are forbid from doing.
Correct, but you have to have that mindset as the HC as well. You don't just turn it on and off.

Leavitt did recruit at USF and before he got there.

It may just be that his entire focus after USF was on getting another HC job. He put a lot into coaching his guys but figured recruiting was only going to help the guy who followed him after he was gone.

If he got a job like CSU and he saw himself being there for multiple years it wouldn't surprise me at all if he became a very effective recruiter again. Maybe to the point of leaving the guy who follows him a nice mess with the NCAA.

A little more detail on the Cristobal Leavitt pissing match (hat tip to BUFFjunkie on the 247 board where I snatched the link.)

Cliff notes for those that don’t want to click link:
>The two had a negative interaction a decade ago when both were head coaches down in Florida over Leavitt’s failing to provide game film
>The pair almost got in a fist fight in 2017
>Leavitt stabilized Oregon D, told Cristobal to stay away from his defense

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/leavitt-didnt-fit-cristobals-vision-decade-making

A little more detail on the Cristobal Leavitt pissing match (hat tip to BUFFjunkie on the 247 board where I snatched the link.)

Cliff notes for those that don’t want to click link:
>The two had a negative interaction a decade ago when both were head coaches down in Florida over Leavitt’s failing to provide game film
>The pair almost got in a fist fight in 2017
>Leavitt stabilized Oregon D, told Cristobal to stay away from his defense

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/leavitt-didnt-fit-cristobals-vision-decade-making
I knew it wouldn't work the first game I saw them coach together. Cristobal got the HC job and they then had their bowl game. When the camera cut to JL, as Defensive Coordinator, pull the quarterback over on the sideline and rip into him for several minutes during the game I knew there would be huge chain of command issues there.

I knew it wouldn't work the first game I saw them coach together. Cristobal got the HC job and they then had their bowl game. When the camera cut to JL, as Defensive Coordinator, pull the quarterback over on the sideline and rip into him for several minutes during the game I knew there would be huge chain of command issues there.
Definitely was a bad look for JL.

I can’t remember but did Taggart try to bring Leavitt to FSU or no? If so, can’t imagine why he would choose to stay in Eugene under those circumstances.

I am looking forward to Christobal imploding....

Cristobal and Leavitt are a little too much old school, sneaky, backwoods Florida type of coaches that will do anything to win, and have an EGO that is way to large for today's College Football unless you can back it up (Urban and Saban). I always want Oregon to implode, and it very well could happen. I think we can score some decent points on them, just hope we can stop Herbert.

Sure, JL would be a funny hire for CSU, but who would be the funniest as a CU fan? For my money, I’ve got Slick Rick Neuheisal just a hair ahead of Halk.

I’d probably laugh my dick off if they hired Slick Rick.

I don't think CSU can afford to get rid of Bobo-I mean all that Lady Gaga money or whatever still hasn't come in yet!

some people are bizarre when they get into power. Like, there's no way he was cool with 1 year deals when he was an assistant, but now that he's got a big nice contract, everyone else has to be on 1 year deals? What a piece of ****.

Back