What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I get the sentimental ties but he’s making a total base salary of $12.5 million at Oregon. That’s generational wealth already with the opportunity to make more by winning big. Richt’s making $8.3 million at Miami. Cristobal should look at Taggart as an example of what not to do.

Cristobal makes $2.5 mil a year, Richt was making $4mil. He’ll without question get a raise should he take the Miami job.

I wouldn't have hired him based on the principle that it seems like 4M you really shouldn't have had to spend?

If you're sold on him being the guy I wouldn't let that get in the way. Plus that's not Diaz's fault.

He could move on with great pride about what he has done at NW!!! That school is in much better shape and is a good job.

I think he would do a good job
Getting paid very good money to be coach for life at his alma mater is not a bad deal. It's not like that fanbase is going to be calling for his head if he has a couple of off years. I think I'd stay put.

Getting paid very good money to be coach for life at his alma mater is not a bad deal. It's not like that fanbase is going to be calling for his head if he has a couple of off years. I think I'd stay put.
While I agree that fitz is very safe at NW....there is only one guy that can be HEAD COACH of the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!

the U hiring Diaz seems to show how weak bs i really think they are.....no matter how much ESPN tried to tell us how great they are last year....or some posters here like to get behind the Canes when clearly aren't that good. Diaz got lit up at Texas in Mack's later years.....and hiring from within after canning Richt (who i also think is overrated) at 7-6 is weird.

edit: and you take the Temple job, you coach Temple. that is kinda bs to me.

Our hiring process, while maddening, seems to have worked out pretty well in comparison. We got it done before the secondary market really kicked in.

NFL openings:
Green Bay
Cleveland
Denver
Cincinnati
Miami
NY Jets
Tampa Bay

Rumored:
Arizona

Former Buffs: Eric Bienemy and Vance Joseph (despite getting fired today) are names being tossed around for some of the openings.

Interesting note: Mike Mayock joining Raiders as GM. Big loss to NFL network's draft day coverage although he can be grating at times. He is still better at fundamentals than Kiper/McShay

Why the Bears? Because he coaches for a college team based in Chicago? He’d be a great fit for the Packers right now.
He’ll talk to GB as courtesy. Been thought of as Bears coach by many when (or if) he wants it. He is a huge community guy. Does a ton for Chicago from Evanston platform. Would be perfect as Bears coach for that city.

He’ll talk to GB as courtesy. Been thought of as Bears coach by many when (or if) he wants it. He is a huge community guy. Does a ton for Chicago from Evanston platform. Would be perfect as Bears coach for that city.

If the Bears want to give the Broncos their current coach, and take Fitz that is fine. Nagy is a solid coach

Back