What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Buffs Advanced Statistics Thread

Also, West Virginia seems crazy low.
West Virginia always grades low in the S+P. The biggest flaw in the system is how it treats JuCos. They are basically treated the same as freshmen, in ratings and in expected impact. So when WVU fills their class with a lot of the best JuCos in the country (who grade out as mostly 3 stars because recruiting services always underrate them), the system sees that as a middling class that is expected to start right away. And punishes them accordingly

West Virginia always grades low in the S+P. The biggest flaw in the system is how it treats JuCos. They are basically treated the same as freshmen, in ratings and in expected impact. So when WVU fills their class with a lot of the best JuCos in the country (who grade out as mostly 3 stars because recruiting services always underrate them), the system sees that as a middling class that is expected to start right away. And punishes them accordingly
?
The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from the play-by-play and drive data of all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).

I'm an engineer. I like this stuff.

giphy.gif

If Moretti can get up to speed, then really watch out. He has the talent to take the line to the next level. Even as a rotational guy.
Yup, I know he is listed at guard right now but I would say he is definitely a swing guy right now so we can absorb a couple injuries up front as it sits right now. Just need to keep it that way and try not to get worn down.

We dropped back from #40 to #55. Remembers still at this point, the ranking is mostly based on our preseason projection (#84), so we've played considerably higher than #55 for our first 2 games. We dropped because we were out gained by 170 yards and 2.2 yards/play.

Our Buffs are going to have to improve the run game moving forward. I really wish we could have a back step up and be the guy. I understand you have to rotate them these days, but we need a Dude when its needed. On those 3rd and 1s and 4th and 2s, where is BB? We need someone besides LS taking wildKat snaps

Our Buffs are going to have to improve the run game moving forward. I really wish we could have a back step up and be the guy. I understand you have to rotate them these days, but we need a Dude when its needed. On those 3rd and 1s and 4th and 2s, where is BB? We need someone besides LS taking wildKat snaps
Uhh, we want LS taking all the snaps he can possibly handle. If your other option is BB? Hell no. Thanks.

i thought our rbs played pretty well, all things considered. the line wasn't opening any holes and the fusker D was very physical and very good at shutting things down upfront.

just looking ahead, asu, and then at usc and washington appear to me to be the games where the teams are most likely to shut us down upfront like that and also run right at us like that. if moretti can get to full time, our offense be a lot better upfront. also, i like our d-line's chance to get better over the course of the season.

Nothing against Evans but McMillian needs to play more. Bigger stronger faster and can make dudes miss and break tackles.

McMillian is clearly our best back. He needs to get the bulk of the touches at RB.

I assume Shenault can throw the ball a little. We are just running him in wildcat to set up the throw when we need it. :)

i thought our rbs played pretty well, all things considered. the line wasn't opening any holes and the fusker D was very physical and very good at shutting things down upfront.

just looking ahead, asu, and then at usc and washington appear to me to be the games where the teams are most likely to shut us down upfront like that and also run right at us like that. if moretti can get to full time, our offense be a lot better upfront. also, i like our d-line's chance to get better over the course of the season.

Agreed on the d-line. the 'nubs running numbers in the 2nd half were encouraging.

every day that goes by is another chance for our very inexperienced DE's to get better and for Javier to lose another pound.

Thought I'd put this in here rather than create a new thread. Wilner (who I recommend reading) has a Power Stats thread weekly and CU has moved up to #4 in the PAC12. Read it here. Some Laviska love and nice analysis about why USC should be shopping for a new staff.

Thought I'd put this in here rather than create a new thread. Wilner (who I recommend reading) has a Power Stats thread weekly and CU has moved up to #4 in the PAC12. Read it here. Some Laviska love and nice analysis about why USC should be shopping for a new staff.
Pretty ridiculous that Helton has had so much trouble developing an upper tier offensive line with the talent they have recruited there.

Nothing against Evans but McMillian needs to play more. Bigger stronger faster and can make dudes miss and break tackles.

McMillian is a big-play threat, but I think Evans is actually better at making something out of nothing. There were plenty of runs the last two weeks where there was not much available and Evans was patient, picked through the traffic and ended up with a 5 or 6 yard run instead of getting stuffed.

Back