What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

O/U of 49 seems a tad high for Washington/Auburn, right?
The way PAC-12 teams collapse in these games, no.

I could easily see a score of 45-24 Auburn.

Cross country, hostile environment and never winning one of these games in recent memory doesn’t bode well for Dub.

That’s my initial gut reaction. TIFWIW

Malzahn's offense can look rough in September. Some questions on the OL would seem to continue that trend.

Peterson, with time to prepare has always been/ and will continue to be very dangerous. Part of the reason he has such a good bowl record. I think that UW not only wins, but wins easily.
It will probably come down to QB play. Who doesn’t turn the ball over, provides explosive plays, etc. Browning’s good but maybe a bit overrated. I know Stidham by name only and his association with ****bailer.

It will probably come down to QB play. Who doesn’t turn the ball over, provides explosive plays, etc. Browning’s good but maybe a bit overrated. I know Stidham by name only and his association with ****bailer.
Exactly. Browning is overrated....but with this much time, Peterson will have him ready for this game.

One of the teams is going to have to outscore the other.

Since 2002, at least one team in the AP Top 10 preseason poll has finished outside the Top 25.

Conversely, in last 24/25 years a team outside the Top 25 has finished in the Top 10.

Miami for former? South Carolina for latter?

Marchiol just dug himself a huge hole and will be lucky to ever be able to prove that he's a football player, much less, a worthy human being.

Marchiol just dug himself a huge hole and will be lucky to ever be able to prove that he's a football player, much less, a worthy human being.
What he said was profoundly stupid on many levels. Still I think it ridiculous at this point to suggest he is irredeemable or never to be a worthy human being. Our PC world is pretty unforgiving.

What he said was profoundly stupid on many levels. Still I think it ridiculous at this point to suggest he is irredeemable or never to be a worthy human being. Our PC world is pretty unforgiving.
My response is simply this:
I hope he gets it together too, but he has a significant hole to dig out of.

That hole is not only one that would be difficult and awkward in society as a whole, but in his sport, the African American Male has the numbers. This makes it much more difficult than in a profession of say engineering or coal mining (we have those still, right?).

He is not irredeemable, but his college football career may be over.

He is not irredeemable, but his college football career may be over.

If he can play somebody will give him a chance.

It is going to be very hard for him though. He is probably going to have to go to a Juco and first order of business will be to prove himself to his teammates, especially those who are African-American. There is no way he slides in unnoticed, this thing has already drawn far too much attention for that to happen. He acceptance will not be instant, he isn't going to fix this with a statement, he will have to show his new teammates on a 24/7 basis with zero room for error.

If the succeeds with that then his next step would be back to the BCS level but even if he does very well on the field at the Juco it will be with a bottom feeder P5 program or a G5 program willing to risk him for the talent.

Back