What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 CU Football Scholarship Roster

How many safeties are the coaches realistically going to play absent injury?
Guessing 3, not including special teams and blowouts.

I don't expect Worthington to leave the field much. I could see some rotation at the other spot.

Worthington, Fisher, Trego, Sanchez (?), Maddox, Lewis (?)

If Hypolite or Robinson are playing this year, then it would seem Lewis is definitely a player who is potentially the odd man out.

I am fine with freshmen playing, but that definitely means we just have numbers depth.

There’s a big drop off after Worthington and Fisher. Short of some surprising developments with one of the others, those two will need to be playing as much as possible.

How many safeties are the coaches realistically going to play absent injury?
They better play 4 early in the season as only the front 2 have any real experience.
I'd expect we will hear thru August who is being name-dropped and it could be any of the "group" who may separate themselves.

Everything I've heard about Sanchez is that he's one hell of a young man who battled through so much to play this year. People are really upset by this even though he probably wasn't going to play on more than special teams. Sounds like a guy who will do well in life after football.

Everything I've heard about Sanchez is that he's one hell of a young man who battled through so much to play this year. People are really upset by this even though he probably wasn't going to play on more than special teams. Sounds like a guy who will do well in life after football.
What was his injury? His shoulder again?

Would it be possible to add the current verbals for '19?

6/26/18 update:

PositionSeniorsJuniorsSophomoresFreshmen
QBn/aSteven Montez*Sam Noyer*Tyler Lytle*
Blake Stenstrom
TBKyle Evans*
Donovan Lee*
Travon McMillian*
Beau Bisharatn/aAlex Fontenot*
Jarek Broussard
Deion Smith
WRKabion Ento*
Jay MacIntyre*
Juwann Winfree*
Tony Brown*KD Nixon
Laviska Shenault
Maurice Bell*
Jaylon Jackson*
Daniel Arias
Dimitri Stanley
Dylan Thomas
TE/HBn/aChris Bounds*
Darrion Jones*
Jared Poplawskin/a
OLJosh Kaiser*Aaron Haigler*
Tim Lynott*
Brett Tonz*
Kary Kutsch
Hunter Vaughn*
Chance Lytle*
Jake Moretti*
Heston Paige*
Colby Pursell*
Will Sherman*
Frank Fillip
Josh Jynes
Kanan Ray
Casey Roddick
NTJavier EdwardsLyle Tuiloma*n/aJalen Sami
DE/DTJase Franke*
Chris Mulumba*
n/aTerriek Roberts*
Mustafa Johnson
Israel Antwine
Terrance Lang*
Tava Finau
OLBn/aNJ Falo*
Shamar Hamilton*
Davion Taylor
Alex Tchangam
Jacob CallierCarson Wells*
Joshka Gustav^
ILBRick Gamboa*
Drew Lewis*
n/aAkil Jones*
Nate Landman
Chase Newman*
Jon Van Diest*
Clyde Moore
CBn/aDelrick Abrams
Dante Wigley*
MeKhi Blackmon
Ronnie Blackmon*
Trey Udoffia*
Chris Miller*
LJ Wallace
SNick Fisher
Kyle Trego
Evan Worthington*
n/aKevin George*
Aaron Maddox
Derrion Rakestraw*
Isaiah Lewis*
Hasaan Hypolite
Ray Robinson
STAlex Kinney (P)J.T. Bale (LS)James Stefanou (K)n/a
TOTAL (82)16171715 RS / 17 True
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
* = has redshirted
# = transfer who must redshirt
^ = grayshirting and not counted towards 2018 scholarship total

Interesting.

He was a guy who I thought could help us when he signed. Sounds like for whatever reason his priority list doesn't have football and the things related to it high enough.

For his sake I hope he can get his stuff together and become a contributor to the team and get his education. Not betting on it though.

I just removed Hamilton from the scholarship chart in the OP. Now at 81.

If any of you guys pester with questions and concerns about over-signing 85 this December & February, I'm gonna have an aneurysm. :p
I didn't get the feeling that his suspension cost him his scholarship. Are you just being optimistic?

I didn't get the feeling that his suspension cost him his scholarship. Are you just being optimistic?
As I understand it, he's on scholarship so he'd count technically toward the 85 this year. So it's like last year with the 1-day Aussie where we only have 84 scholarship players. I'll add a not.

Updated to roster for the Clyde Moore news. Only 16 true freshmen now. Small class due to the number of JUCOs brought in was just made smaller.

Scholarship roster in the OP has been updated for new scholarships awarded today.

Daniel Talley (RS-Senior Safety)
Davis Price (Junior Kicker)
Brady Russell (RS-Freshman Tight End)

Congratulations to these walk-ons for earning a ship!

So awesome!

Are they single year or 4 year/till they run out of eligibility?

I have never seen a situation where HCMM only put someone on scholarship for a single season.
Putting a guy on for one year wouldn't fit his style.

Not like we are tying up 3 scholarships for long term though.

Talley is a senior. This is his last year regardless.
Price is a junior so two years. If Stephanou goes to the NFL after this year Davis will be the guy we count on.

Russell is a fr. so he will have three years after this one but he should be a contributor so not a bad decision.

Russell made total sense. We didn't have a true or redshirt freshman TE on the scholarship roster. He fills a depth chart hole and has shown he will play.

Back