What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 CU NFL Draft & Free Agency Thread

Still waiting for Oliver time at the pro day. But 4.51 sec is okay. He has good makeup speed with the long wingspan.

Yeah, I was thinking he'd come in a little closer to what you've stated and think the same thing about his actual measurements. De'Angelo Henderson is 5'8 208lbs. McCaffrey is 5'11 200lbs. I just don't know where a player of Lindsay's size fits in as a RB. Even Woodhead is 5'8" and listed at 204lbs.
Exactly...if he were a little stockier I think he would be taken a little more serious, worried that teams will have a hard time seeing beyond he measurables. But, the 4.39 should help!

Not to worry, their math is as bad as yours. They don't understand the concept of reducing fractions, and you think a guy can grow 2 inches in a couple of months.

No I don't believe a guy can grow that quickly.

I have never officially measured Lindsay, or any football player, and know not to take a media guide literal, so I was being optimistic that he would come in closer to 5'9".

Lindsay put on a show, i don't see how he doesn't get drafted now. 14 reps of 225 was surprising for his size too.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/13-co-ath-phillip-lindsay-signed-to-colorado.70970/page-5

4.49 seconds coming out of high school. He was always going to get stronger and faster.

I didn't know he had 4.39 secs in him. I knew he was quick, straight line speed was a concern. Looks like he is working hard during the off season.

Maybe I missed something, but does not seem like a "gotcha!" moment to me. Thread seemed pretty fair.

You're the one who brought up Percy Harvin.

Read the last two or three pages.

I read it all, I guess I still do not see freakish speed (which 4.39 certainly qualifies as), but good for him.

EDIT: Saw it was hand-timed, makes more sense. Still a good number for him.

Seems like Bobo hasn’t been doing much training since the season ended. Those might be the worst numbers, top to bottom, I’ve seen for a guy with his potential. Zero chance he gets drafted.

Ross’ 4.48 and 35 vert is solid.

Other than vert, did Oliver do anything else?
He did broad jump, shuttle and L drill (3 come I believe), all of which he was the best on the team in (shocker). He didn’t rerun his 40 though, it looks like, which is surprising.

Edit: JMBuffs correction that McCartney with the fastest L Drill

Last edited:
Some numbers that stand out, besides the obvious Lindsay and Oliver being freaks!

McCartney had the fastest L-Drill (6.9), decent 40 time (4.78) and bench (21)
Leo Jackson has some freaky long arms 87" with 20 reps on the bench (impressive), he could be a sleeper
Moehler looked stronger (19 reps) and quicker (as fast as Lindsay in Shuttle and L-Drill)than I anticipated, can he put on some weight and fit in somewhere as an LB?
Ross and Fields had some good numbers....while watching the Combine I was shocked that not 1 of the 3 blackout boys were invited, saw a couple prospects participating with weak stats (15 rec. 200 yards)

Last edited:
Lindsay isn't getting drafted. His size will scare teams away.

What he wants, and hopefully his workout performances will give him is multiple teams competing to bring him in as a UFA.

In the right situation he should be able to help a pro team but it has to be the right team. The more options he has the better chance he picks the right one.

He is smaller but could have a career like former Buff Lee Rouson who spent many years in the league as a back-up RB and special teams guy. Phil probably wouldn't be as good as Rouson on STs (Rouson was a stand out) but may be more productive as a situational RB.

Seems like Bobo hasn’t been doing much training since the season ended. Those might be the worst numbers, top to bottom, I’ve seen for a guy with his potential. Zero chance he gets drafted.

Ross’ 4.48 and 35 vert is solid.
Didn't Bobo get hurt a little bit at the East-West practices or something?

Back