What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

I used BC. for Bear Creek because my neighbors kids attend Bear Creek and they call it BC.

Actually, I was responding to the "the" in front of "BC," as in Miami's ridiculous reference to itself as "the U." "The BC," in that context, would be downright hilarious. But that's all old now.

Anybody have any idea how many DPS/South players are currently playing at the BCS-level? Grossnickel...?

He was in the state track meet that wrapped up yesterday. Failed to qualify for the finals in the 100 (ran a PR of 11.14 in the prelims) and Denver South's 4x100 relay placed 6th overall.

I know 100 meter speed is not a direct correlation to football speed, but I wish we were seeing some faster times here. We need a back or two with that extra gear.

He was in the state track meet that wrapped up yesterday. Failed to qualify for the finals in the 100 (ran a PR of 11.14 in the prelims) and Denver South's 4x100 relay placed 6th overall.

I know 100 meter speed is not a direct correlation to football speed, but I wish we were seeing some faster times here. We need a back or two with that extra gear.

Would be nice to get some backs like DeAnthony Thomas, LaMichael James or Darren Sproles

11.14 isn't bad, but it sure would be nice to haul in a back that can break long runs. I'm not sure we have anyone other than Abron that can do that. Creer isn't going to outrun many people, TJ is more like Speedy, Payne and Crowder are power backs through and through. I'm pretty sure Lindsay is going to be in the TJ/Speedy category rather than the Abron category.

He looks like a tough runner/player, has good vision, and is somewhat shiffty (probably the result of his vision) - but I don't see the top end speed

He looks like a tough runner/player, has good vision, and is somewhat shiffty (probably the result of his vision) - but I don't see the top end speed

I agree, I like his cut back ability. He showed 4.4 speed, and broke away from defenders in the film. He will get stronger and faster.

Last edited:

Good assessment. Definitely not afraid to hit people and he does seem to have some pretty good lateral speed, but the ability to take it to the house on any given play in the PAC-12 does not look like it is there.

I agree, I like his cut back ability. He showed 4.4 speed, and broke away from defenders in the film. He will get stronger and faster.

He should look fast on film. The competition is mediocre, might not be more than a handful of BCS players on any of the defenses he faced.

Good assessment. Definitely not afraid to hit people and he does seem to have some pretty good lateral speed, but the ability to take it to the house on any given play in the PAC-12 does not look like it is there.

He should look fast on film. The competition is mediocre, might not be more than a handful of BCS players on any of the defenses he faced.

Maybe right, but 4.49 speed is 4.49 speed, unless the information is wrong. There is also game speed, the guy has good game speed. Most of the players in HS are still growing. In 1 or 2 years in our weight program, he will get faster and stronger. I can see him play at 185 or 190 pounds.

Maybe right, but 4.49 speed is 4.49 speed, unless the information is wrong. There is also game speed, the guy has good game speed. Most of the players in HS are still growing. In 1 or 2 years in our weight program, he will get faster and stronger. I can see him play at 185 or 190 pounds.
slightly different than percy harvin speed, but ya, 4.49 speed is 4.49 speed.

I just do not think the 4.49 is entirely accurate. Maybe it is, but 11.14 as a PR just does not quite add up to high-4.4 speed IMO. While players can get faster, natural speed is pretty hard to beat.

Hopefully Lindsay gets the time down as a senior.

I just do not think the 4.49 is entirely accurate. Maybe it is, but 11.14 as a PR just does not quite add up to high-4.4 speed IMO. While players can get faster, natural speed is pretty hard to beat.

Hopefully Lindsay gets the time down as a senior.

Hard to judge his speed with the competition and the camera angles, etc.

That said 100 times and 40 times are completely different things. I would bet that Rodney Stewart ran a pretty poor 100. He seemed to get caught from behind by just about everybody, on the other hand they were behind him because he was as quick as anybody you might find for 10-15 yards. Other guys win 100 meter races accelerating down the last 40 yards after being just another guy in the pack the first 60.

In football it is very rare that a guy is still running after 60 yards or even 40. The first 20 is the most critical. Lindsay looks like that is where his speed is at. With all that I would hope he does mature with more speed as well as bulking up over his senior year.

I thought we had a bunch of recruits nobody else wants.

The aTm offer if it is true says something about him. aTm has been dissapointing for a number of years but it hasn't been for lack of talent. They sit in the middle of one of the richest recruiting grounds in the country.

The CSU offer is a courtesy offer. They know he isn't going there but want his coaches to know they are around for future guys.

Awesome! Though aTM stinks, I think their offering a kid from Colorado says a lot about the kid. Does anyone know if the offer was for RB or DB?

Lindsay is going to be better than most people think. I played with Bobby Purify back in high school and he reminds me of him.

Re: '13 CO RB Phillip Lindsay (Verbal to COLORADO)

CU RB recruit, Phillip Lindsay, has torn his ACL and will have surgery tomorrow. He's out for the season now. @buffscoop #buffs #CUBuffs -- BuffScoop.com (@buffscoop)

Back