What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Defensive Line

So is this what we are projecting as the depth chart at this point for the DL?:

Left Defensive EndNose TackleRight Defensive End
Mustafa Johson (So)Javier Edwards (Sr) Chris Mulumba (Sr)
Terriek Roberts (So)Lyle Tuiloma (Jr)Jase Franke (Sr)
Israel Antwine (Fr)Jalen Sami (Fr)Terrance Lang (rFr)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We also have walk-ons: Mo Bandi (RDE, Jr), Nico Magri (LDE, So), and any others of note? Also Tava Finau is a true frosh who could project as a RDE or OLB.

I would go with:

WDE: 1. Johnson 2. Franke 3. Lang
NT: 1. Edwards 2. Tuiloma 3. Sami
SDE: 1. Malumba 2. Antwine 3. Roberts

So is this what we are projecting as the depth chart at this point for the DL?:

Left Defensive EndNose TackleRight Defensive End
Mustafa Johson (So)Javier Edwards (Sr) Chris Mulumba (Sr)
Terriek Roberts (So)Lyle Tuiloma (Jr)Jase Franke (Sr)
Israel Antwine (Fr)Jalen Sami (Fr)Terrance Lang (rFr)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We also have walk-ons: Mo Bandi (RDE, Jr), Nico Magri (LDE, So), and any others of note? Also Tava Finau is a true frosh who could project as a RDE or OLB.
Roberts isn't even on my radar right now. I'd move both Antwine and Lang up so that DL2 is Antwine-Tui-Lang. Then, I'd look at Franke as a "Nickel DL" the same way I'd work Blackmon onto the DB depth chart, though in this case we're talking about a DL who will sub for all 3 positions.

Plan should be for him to appear in 4 games at the end of the season and make it a redshirt year.
Is it possible they will instead rotate him with Edwards? Keeping a fresh behemoth like that in the game could really help as the season wears on.

DL (and front 7) has to be dramatically better this year. Jackson and McCartney only losses? Older and more experienced is Huge. D-Line going from bad to mediocre is going to make a world of difference against similarly talented teams like UCLA, ASU, UA, WSU, Cal, OSU, UU...

Back