What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Media Days

Regarding Fedora:

Football in this country hasn't been this threatened in about 100 years. Football was nearly banned in the early 1900s but evolved and thrived. Football is going to have to evolve again in order to make it.

But tying the decline of football to the decline of this country shows whose head is in the sand.

Nevermind the other stuff he said were he tried to link the fate of the country to the state of a child's game, how irresponsible is it on UNC's part to have a guy, who seems to ignore a mountain of scientific evidence linking football to head trauma, be in charge of the well-being of 85 unpaid amateurs?

Nevermind the other stuff he said were he tried to link the fate of the country to the state of a child's game, how irresponsible is it on UNC's part to have a guy, who seems to ignore a mountain of scientific evidence linking football to head trauma, be in charge of the well-being of 85 unpaid amateurs?
UNC has been making a strong case for quite a while now that it really belongs in the SEC instead of the ACC. They should make the jump.

Just noticed on the Pac-12 website that Media Day is this coming Wednesday (7/25), and thought I'd summarize what I see from the Info article (https://pac-12.com/article/2018/07/...rage-2018-pac-12-football-media-day-wednesday ) -
  • Looks like the Buffs are on or will be discussed on TV from ~2:30-3:00 PM MT, with Coach MacIntyre & Rick Gamboa scheduled for 2:30 PM MT and Steven Montez at 2:47 PM MT.
  • The schedule also says the Buffs are slotted at 2:00 PM MT for the "Media Podium". Unclear to me if that's going to be streamed or otherwise available to watch.?. (Overall, they do say some of the day's content will be available at https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Conference, https://www.youtube.com/user/pac12conf , as well as the Pac 12 Now app. But, I don't see the Media Podium specifically mentioned as being streamed.)
  • For the 1st time (at least that I remember???), the Media Day is broken down by the divisions. Pasted from the 1st Info link above- "The action begins on Pac-12 Network and the Pac-12 Now app with the first of two three-hour long episodes of “Inside Pac-12 Football: Media Day Special” airing live from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PT / 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MT highlighting the Pac-12 North division, followed by coverage of the Pac-12 South from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PT / 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. MT.".
  • "Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott’s opening remarks streamed live at 8 a.m. PT / 9 a.m. MT to the Pac-12’s Facebook (facebook.com/Pac12Conference) as well as Twitter (@Pac12Network and @Pac12), Pac-12 Networks' YouTube channel, Pac-12.com and the Pac-12 Now app." (There is also a "Larry Scott Q&A" shown for the Media Podium at 12:30 PM MT.)
  • For anyone into the rules, it looks like the last thing scheduled on the "Media Podium" is "David Coleman Q&A on 2018 football playing rule changes" scheduled to start at 5:00 PM MT.

UNC will undoubtedly get hit hard for this one....
They very well might. This seems to be the type of thing the NCAA will hit them for since they couldn't bust them like they wanted to on the academic fraud stuff.

Sounds like we may hear announcements on PACN programming (announcers & expanded coverage of FB & MBB), the PAC-12 bowl lineup, and maybe a new media deal for PACN.

Sounds like we may hear announcements on PACN programming (announcers & expanded coverage of FB & MBB), the PAC-12 bowl lineup, and maybe a new media deal for PACN.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I read that as what Wilner wants to hear or see vs. anything fact based knowledge of what we will see.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I read that as what Wilner wants to hear or see vs. anything fact based knowledge of what we will see.
I think it was his expectations based on previous Media Days and things he is hearing.

I think it was his expectations based on previous Media Days and things he is hearing.

Let's see what's discussed on Wednesday. Given Scott is still in charge of this conference, its hard to be anything BUT skeptical on the direction this league is heading in.

tenor.gif

I was referring to Medford. Maybe I am out of the loop on this thread though.
For some reason Medford hates Wisconsin. I'll admit I'm biased with Wisconsin being my secondary rooting interest, but I don't understand how anyone can actually hate Wisconsin.

For some reason Medford hates Wisconsin. I'll admit I'm biased with Wisconsin being my secondary rooting interest, but I don't understand how anyone can actually hate Wisconsin.

They're not that fun to watch-They wanna ram it down the throats of the teams they play and set up their QBs to be game managers.

Every fan has their allegiances and if he doesn't like Wisconsin that is fine but how any fan on this board could root for Nebraska to win games over Wisconsin is mind blowing.

Back