What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Media Days

??? I’ve always done peace like that. I’m 40 and that’s how it’s always been done.
99e719b000e65eb31e8eb1fa9f1849ff.jpg

liam-gallagher-pic-rex-features-655125242.jpg

I think it’s intent. I don’t think there’s an actual protocol as to the proper peace sign.
No sense in arguing, but the backwards v can be offensive while the forward v is universally accepted as the peace sign.
732c815b343f40af881a05c1d31028b3.jpg

No sense in arguing, but the backwards v can be offensive while the forward v is universally accepted as the peace sign.
732c815b343f40af881a05c1d31028b3.jpg
Only if you are a pansy and took that to be offensive. Take context in evaluating a 19 year olds actions. On national TV? Come on man.

Which frat is that? Looks like a peace sign.

??? I’ve always done peace like that. I’m 40 and that’s how it’s always been done.

I think it’s intent. I don’t think there’s an actual protocol as to the proper peace sign.

Only if you are a pansy and took that to be offensive. Take context in evaluating a 19 year olds actions. On national TV? Come on man.
giphy.gif

sounds like Tonz is going to start at guard. HCMM also mentioned Sherman and pursell as guys that need to "gel" in there. Wonder if a certain guard isn't recovering as fast as we wanted?

sounds like Tonz is going to start at guard. HCMM also mentioned Sherman and pursell as guys that need to "gel" in there. Wonder if a certain guard isn't recovering as fast as we wanted?

Lynott was listed first team RG yesterday. Odd comment on Pursell.

I'm saying their is a whole bunch of steroid use in college football. The NCAA's testing program is a couple steps below a joke.

If the entire testing system is a joke, then it stands to reason that Wisconsin and Stanford’s success indicates an even more impressive coaching job. They’re able to take smart guys who aren’t universally rated as “the best” and make them into competitive players with NFL upside.

I'm saying their is a whole bunch of steroid use in college football. The NCAA's testing program is a couple steps below a joke.
I think you are right about this but wrong about what's putting guys into the NFL or by singling out Wiscy.
It's widespread. If you're not using PED, you are falling way behind as the NCAA does not actively really test for it.
PEDs don't make an NFLer, but can prevent one from getting there.
Most guys that sign with agents suddenly get faster and stronger by a lot right before the NFL combine. Why?
Agents have more sophisticated and better PED programs than players are getting on their own, since most CFB teams aren't actively managing/funding the PEDs.
Notice I said most.
It's rampant in High Schools as well, some more than others.

Last edited:
Wow. Montez talking about play-gunning down guys at traffic stops. Probably not the best thing to joking about.

I think you are right about this but wrong about what's putting guys into the NFL or by singling our Wiscy.
It's widespread. If you're not using PED, you are falling way behind as the NCAA does not actively really test for it.
PEDs don't make an NFLer, but can prevent one from getting there.
Most guys that sign with agents suddenly get faster and stronger by a lot right before the NFL combine. Why?
Agents have more sophisticated and better PED programs than players are getting on their own, since most CFB teams aren't actively managing/funding the PEDs.
Notice I said most.
It's rampant in High Schools as well, some more than others.
I think you're wrong in assuming it is as widespread as you're saying. There are definitely programs that are bigger offenders than others (knu in the mid 90's was notorious for example), but for the most part, I honestly believe (through experience and observation) that most programs are more clean than not. Remember that these are young idealistic kids, many of whom wouldn't choose to touch PED's for the sake of risking their long term health, and wanting to do it the "right way". Every program has a couple of exceptions (literally only a handful, 5 or less, of offenders). Then there are programs where the use of steroids is part of their culture...I would guess this number to be about 15-20 programs in any given year. I could list a handful of these throughout time....some of which had people that we're very familiar with here at CU running the show. The creation of this culture of PED users in some programs produced some dramatic improvements to the team, as well as several guys ending up with NFL careers that wouldn't have likely had a shot otherwise. I think football is a sport where the use of PED's can absolutely, and does make an NFLer in more cases than we want to believe (but certainly not all). Now, when we are talking about the NFL, where your dreams and livelihood are directly related on your performance....that is a different story. If we had 100% transparent, real testing, I think that most people would be blown away with the % difference of PED users in the NFL vs the NCAA.

I certainly do not have the same loathing of Wiscy that Medford does, but I personally think, from experience, that his perception of Wiscy and The Trees is a valid one.

I think you're wrong in assuming it is as widespread as you're saying. There are definitely programs that are bigger offenders than others (knu in the mid 90's was notorious for example), but for the most part, I honestly believe (through experience and observation) that most programs are more clean than not. Remember that these are young idealistic kids, many of whom wouldn't choose to touch PED's for the sake of risking their long term health, and wanting to do it the "right way". Every program has a couple of exceptions (literally only a handful, 5 or less, of offenders). Then there are programs where the use of steroids is part of their culture...I would guess this number to be about 15-20 programs in any given year. I could list a handful of these throughout time....some of which had people that we're very familiar with here at CU running the show. The creation of this culture of PED users in some programs produced some dramatic improvements to the team, as well as several guys ending up with NFL careers that wouldn't have likely had a shot otherwise. I think football is a sport where the use of PED's can absolutely, and does make an NFLer in more cases than we want to believe (but certainly not all). Now, when we are talking about the NFL, where your dreams and livelihood are directly related on your performance....that is a different story. If we had 100% transparent, real testing, I think that most people would be blown away with the % difference of PED users in the NFL vs the NCAA.

I certainly do not have the same loathing of Wiscy that Medford does, but I personally think, from experience, that his perception of Wiscy and The Trees is a valid one.
The reason you're wrong is that if you talk to CFB players, they are exactly like NFL players in that they think this is their livelihood. Not 100% but a very high number.
CSU football's PED program got a lot better when a certain coach from Alabama got there.
I won't go into references but this guy was my trainer (and good friend) slightly before he got busted here. Miami coincidentally was coming off winning the national championship and would finish a close 2nd the following year.

The "potential money" is on the line for a CFB player. They are no different.

Back