What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

You are probably too young to remember, but the Hart Lee Dykes Institute for Perpetual Eligibility is a powerful organization. And more effective than the Hart Lee Dykes Institute for Covering Up Recruiting Compensation.
Hart Lee Dykes, that is awesome.

How does that guy have eligibility left?
Weird that he does. I did a quick google and he was a 2013 recruit. This would be the 6th year on his clock. So unless he delayed enrollment or got a medical hardship waiver, he shouldn't still have eligibility.

Weird that he does. I did a quick google and he was a 2013 recruit. This would be the 6th year on his clock. So unless he delayed enrollment or got a medical hardship waiver, he shouldn't still have eligibility.
I think he sat out 2013 and came in for 2014, and redshirted.

Edit: I think he was just class of '14.

Recent buzz has KJ Carta Samuels spurning UCLA for CSU. Tifwiw[/QUOTE

makes sense....his sister plays Vball for CU

https://twitter.com/gabriellacs_3

Personal
Gabrielle Carta-Samuels was born on January 12, 1997 and is the daughter of James Samuels and Lilinda Carta-Samuels of Saratoga, Calif. She has two older brothers, Austyn and Kyle. Her father played football at Utah State, while her mother swam at Santa Clara. Austyn played quarterback for Vanderbilt in 2013 and was the back-up quarterback in 2012 after transferring from Wyoming. Kyle is as member of the Washington football team (quarterback). Her grandfather, Tom Samuels, played baseball at Vanderbilt. Carta-Samuels enjoys watching football, running and music.

upload_2018-3-23_16-45-31.png

Is there any reason to be concerned about a career back up taking over as QB at csewe? Why is this guy any different than Futon Bauta, or whatever that joker's name was.....
I see no reason to be any more concerned than normal over this game. Samuels or not.

There will be a pretty steep learning curve without the benefit of a Spring Practice schedule to acclimate him to the offense. It’ll probably be a lot of chuck and duck in the early games until he really gets a solid feel for the offense.

There will be a pretty steep learning curve without the benefit of a Spring Practice schedule to acclimate him to the offense. It’ll probably be a lot of chuck and duck in the early games until he really gets a solid feel for the offense.

Meh. People overrate learning the system for older players.

Yep. Football's not that complicated. And if a system is that complicated, you've got a coaching problem.

Right. Plus we have a QB who has been sitting in the meeting rooms for 3-4 years now at a top-flight P5 program. Learning the offense will not be the issue, can he play?

Fair enough. I guess I just don’t expect to have the entire playbook thrown at us on week one.

Very small sample size for Samuels as he has been a back-up his entire career. However, UCLA really wanted him, so he is definitely better than anything CSU currently has.

Other than the emphatic first down signal when his team was down 44-7, Alabama transfer Bauta was a non-factor 2 years ago. I expect about the same amount of impact on the RMS from this dude because the rest of CSU's football team is trash and we will crush them.

Good grade grad transfer for the goats.

I realize they are coming off what is supposedly their best recruiting class ever (is that true??) - but they lost A LOT on offense, and their defense seems pretty bad as well (although they have a new D coordinator). What am I missing here?

Good grade grad transfer for the goats.

I realize they are coming off what is supposedly their best recruiting class ever (is that true??) - but they lost A LOT on offense, and their defense seems pretty bad as well (although they have a new D coordinator). What am I missing here?
84 in the 247 rankings so definitely not their best recruiting class ever.

Back