What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

Read up on Hawaii a bit this morning. They're going back to the run and shoot this year. That should give us some feel for CSU's secondary this week. Hawaii looks pretty bad, though. Several of its good players transferred out.

What worries me the most about this game is the emotion and the possibility for blowback from last year’s game. I would expect the officials will call a very tight game and as I’ve said before, there could be some bias in the calls. I’m particularly curious how the matchup of the Buffs physical WRs vs the ewes CBs will be judged.

MWC/Big 12 officials for that one right? The reason I ask is we've had a Pac 12 crew in that game the last two years. Regardless of which league the officials are from, I don't think anybody gives a **** about CSU's whining from last year. As I've said before, they had a ton of returning talent offensively, a stud WR in Michael Gallup, and a QB in Stevens who got a cup of coffee with the Broncos. They scored a single field goal and turned it over three times against a defense that finished.........#109 in total defense IIRC? Let's stop worrying about rammie conspiracy theories from last year affecting this game........and another day closer to this game going on hopefully permanent hiatus.

So happy they’re doing a white out again. I thought it looked great a few years ago.
If everyone participates I agree. Really wish they would either invest in t-shirts on every seat or put a “white-out” or something like that on the ticket or in the season ticket package. It’s not like they didn’t know it was a white out one month ago when they sent out the tickets.

Read up on Hawaii a bit this morning. They're going back to the run and shoot this year. That should give us some feel for CSU's secondary this week. Hawaii looks pretty bad, though. Several of its good players transferred out.

Does mean that they will be spending their time preparing for a different concept of offense than we run. Playing a run and shoot is kind of like playing a triple option team. Whole different type of preparation.

Will negate some of the advantage of having played to first game already and the extra practice time.

If everyone participates I agree. Really wish they would either invest in t-shirts on every seat or put a “white-out” or something like that on the ticket or in the season ticket package. It’s not like they didn’t know it was a white out one month ago when they sent out the tickets.
This beats the one week's notice they gave people in 2015. That week was absolute madness trying to get the word out.

I remember going through the towers at WillVill and putting fliers under every door. It was exhausting and, given how little political capital the student section had at the time, I was terrified the white out was going to look half-assed. All the hard work was worth it when we saw what the student section looked like on Saturday though. I was so proud.
The general public looked ok. I hope it can be better this year with a little more advanced warning.

As far as t-shirts...I beat that drum with marketing so hard and so often that they derisively nicknamed me "T-shirt Ted". We got a grand total of 500 back in 2014 and none my last two years. I hear there's some new blood this year from my sources who are still with the student section, so it might be more of a possibility now than it was when I was there.

So happy they’re doing a white out again. I thought it looked great a few years ago.
You’d be surprised how inefficient the CU marketing department is...
I just feel like this sort of thing works best at your home stadium vice a "neutral" stadium...that is so big that it rarely gets filled.

This beats the one week's notice they gave people in 2015. That week was absolute madness trying to get the word out.

I remember going through the towers at WillVill and putting fliers under every door. It was exhausting and, given how little political capital the student section had at the time, I was terrified the white out was going to look half-assed. All the hard work was worth it when we saw what the student section looked like on Saturday though. I was so proud.
The general public looked ok. I hope it can be better this year with a little more advanced warning.

As far as t-shirts...I beat that drum with marketing so hard and so often that they derisively nicknamed me "T-shirt Ted". We got a grand total of 500 back in 2014 and none my last two years. I hear there's some new blood this year from my sources who are still with the student section, so it might be more of a possibility now than it was when I was there.
Thanks for all that you do ST.

Back