What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

CU sent me a text today for $80 a ticket for lower/upper corner level CSU and NH tickets. Both games. That’s a steal of a deal.

So I don’t bet but from what I was looking at my father-in-law said that Colorado State is favored to win by at least a touchdown? I looked on one betting site in a predicted score was 42 for CSU and 29 for Colorado. That can’t be right, can it?

https://csurams.com/news/2018/8/21/...breakdown-how-csu-will-line-up-vs-hawaii.aspx

LT: Redshirt freshman (1) Barry Wesley
NT: True freshman (1) Devin Phillips, a four-star recruit and member of the ESPN300 list last year, is the starter... Another newcomer, JUCO transfer (2) Damion Dickens, is the backup.
RCB: True freshman (1) Rashad Ajayi
LCB: (1) V.J. Banks, a graduate transfer from Rice, will start at cornerback week 1.
KR: Redshirt freshman (1) Marcus McElroy
LS: True freshman (1) Ross Reiter
If I'm not mistaken, Phillips wasn't ranked anywhere near that high on other recruiting sites. Also, McElroy is a sophomore. Got carries last year.

So I don’t bet but from what I was looking at my father-in-law said that Colorado State is favored to win by at least a touchdown? I looked on one betting site in a predicted score was 42 for CSU and 29 for Colorado. That can’t be right, can it?

ESPN is notorious for getting the lines reversed. I can confirm they had CSU -6.5 recently and I believe sbnation did too.

SIAP:

.com
Aug 23 - 6:40 PM
Marvin Kinsey Jr. - RB - Rams
Colorado State junior RB Marvin Kinsey Jr. availability for their first game of the season is "yet to be determined" according to Head Coach Mike Bobo.
Kinsey Jr. oddly wasn't listed on the depth chart along with fellow RB Rashaad Boddie. It's unclear what happened as Bobo said their availability has "yet to be worked out." Both players were contributors in 2017 with Boddie rushing for 254 yards and four touchdowns while Kinsey rushed for 127 yards and two touchdowns. There is a story behind this, and the mysterious depth chart absences will likely be explained in the coming weeks.

I can't shake the feeling that CSU is taking a giant risk with Collin Hill's knees...

They should run Carta-Samuels out for at least these first four, and if they have Hill's best interests at heart, the entire year. They're probably 1-3 or 2-2 best case scenario with Carta-Samuels or Hill. They're not beating Florida at Florida, and they're not beating us. Could they beat Arkansas at home? Sure. That's probably the worst team in the SEC, and one who probably wins 3-4 games this year.

They should run Carta-Samuels out for at least these first four, and if they have Hill's best interests at heart, the entire year. They're probably 1-3 or 2-2 best case scenario with Carta-Samuels or Hill. They're not beating Florida at Florida, and they're not beating us. Could they beat Arkansas at home? Sure. That's probably the worst team in the SEC, and one who probably wins 3-4 games this year.

They have no chance to beat Arkansas.

@BuffStampede , just wanted to say thank you for doing the podcast. I realize it's your job and you're paid, but I can also tell that you put a lot of work into the research and are a genuine fan of the team. I listened on the way to work this morning and by the time I got to the office my truck had kool-aid pouring out of the windows.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
You bet! It is definitely a dream job and the podcasts are a lot of fun to put together. Thanks for listening!

Going to do a countdown just like on the Nub hate thread.

tumblr_inline_ouclbjvK8k1ueio03_1280.jpg

Jashon Sykes really got on the map quickly as a freshman and CU whipped the Rams 42-14 in 1998 in Jashon's first season. Good times!

Back