What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Season Prediction Thread

How many wins this year?

Results are only viewable after voting.
CSU-W
@Nebraksa-W
UNH-W
UCLA-L
ASU-W
@USC-W
@Washington-L
OSU-W
@Arizona-L
WSU-W
Utah-W
@Cal-W
This is how i'd like it go in an ideal world, with some realism thrown in haha ;) losing another close game to UCLA, but the boys will be fired up to get the USC monkey off our backs. Then we take care of the toss up games against Utah at home and Cal & the fuskers on the road as the lines gel and team gets better as the season goes on.

P.S. going off of instinct and objectively, im going to have to say 8-4 or 7-5.

Think we get over the USC hump soon, but this year we're on the road and they'll be coming off a bye week so I'm not seeing it.

Yes. Consensus seems to be that MM has built a program that can win 7 to 9 games a year... but that taking until the 4th year to get there means that he can never be good enough for dear ole CU.

Which is incredibly ironic because he guy has literally led a CU team to 10 wins before.

I’m surprised by all the loss to Nebraska predictions
Why? Nebraska has better talent.

Will the Riley years of poor development and softness linger, or will Frost begin to get results from that talent in his system sooner rather than later?

I think it’s one of the top stories in CFB this year.

I agree with you but how many road games has cu won under mm?

This is my biggest concern.

As many weaknesses as we have we are a more talented team than Nebraska. They are a bad team.

If it was in Boulder it would be a whole different thing but until we prove otherwise any road game is questionable for us.

CSU - W
@Nebraska - W
UNH - W
UCLA - W
ASU - W
@USC - L
@Washington - L
OSU - W
@Arizona - L
WSU - W
Utah - L
@Cal - W

8-4. Not real confident about Cal on the road to end the season because I imagine we will get beat up by Utah before it. But I think we are better suited depth wise than they are and that ends up being the difference. Road games make me nervous but Nebraska will be starting a freshman QB and Riley’s staff had so many recruiting misses mixed with attrition that I think we win catching them so early.

I don’t figure we will win a bowl game but I hope to be wrong there.

I don't understand all the predictions for a loss to the nubs? they are going three and nine and one of those wins will be CU - no way... we beat those punks right there in lincoln. new coach, new staff, unproven qb, and a ****tier D with terrible DBs... no way we lose that one.

I predicted 7, hoping for 8 but, jeez, a lot has to fall into place for even 7 to materialize. The OL worries the hell out of me. Wafer thin there and Adams co-offensive coordinator role seems to be getting watered down by the day. He’s almost completely focused on the OL, and rightfully so. You can’t overestimate the criticality of the OL. The season hinges almost exclusively on that unit. If they can’t maintain pace, sustain drives, and stay ahead of the chains through a majority of the toss-up games, it will place pressure on the defense that they might not be able to withstand.

I predicted 7, hoping for 8 but, jeez, a lot has to fall into place for even 7 to materialize. The OL worries the hell out of me. Wafer thin there and Adams co-offensive coordinator role seems to be getting watered down by the day. He’s almost completely focused on the OL, and rightfully so. You can’t overestimate the criticality of the OL. The season hinges almost exclusively on that unit. If they can’t maintain pace, sustain drives, and stay ahead of the chains through a majority of the toss-up games, it will place pressure on the defense that they might not be able to withstand.
7 wins does not mean "a lot fell into place"... 7 wins should be assumed with this schedule, tbh.

Yes. All that is true.

They have more talent than CU. My question still stands.
I just have to hear your full thought process here. In my mind just running through position groups:

QB: Edge CU
RB: as of now, edge Nubs
Wr: do I even need to state it? Edge Buffs
Corners: Edge Buffs
Safeties: Edge Buffs
Inside backers: Edge Buffs
Outside backers: tie/ Leaning towards edge Nubs unless our main 2 end up being Lewis/Taylor with Landman inside. Then edge Buffs
D-line: Edge Nubs
O-line: Edge Nubs
Special teams: Edge Buffs

So just right there it’s 6-4/7-3 Buffs. I very much understand that the lines are the most important part of a team, but by no means do I think they are more talented overall just because they have a better LOS situation right now. I just want to hear your thoughts on why they are more talented because I just don’t see it

I just have to hear your full thought process here. In my mind just running through position groups:

QB: Edge CU
RB: as of now, edge Nubs
Wr: do I even need to state it? Edge Buffs
Corners: Edge Buffs
Safeties: Edge Buffs
Inside backers: Edge Buffs
Outside backers: tie/ Leaning towards edge Nubs unless our main 2 end up being Lewis/Taylor with Landman inside. Then edge Buffs
D-line: Edge Nubs
O-line: Edge Nubs
Special teams: Edge Buffs

So just right there it’s 6-4/7-3 Buffs. I very much understand that the lines are the most important part of a team, but by no means do I think they are more talented overall just because they have a better LOS situation right now. I just want to hear your thoughts on why they are more talented because I just don’t see it
I'm not convinced they have a better OL than ours, either. Depth, almost assuredly, but I think CU's first OL group is going to be fine. Just can't afford injuries. As TDforTD said, they recruited well under Riley in terms of stars and rankings, but many of those highly touted players were just complete misses or have transferred out. Compound that with a completely new staff and scheme and CU coming to town in week two, and it's a bad matchup for them, IMO. CU wins.

Back